·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Nice job em looks great

Reactions: em.fisher

·
Registered
336 Posts
Tripple D on another topic asked me how my hunting went this year. I did not want to get off topic so came here to answer him.
Overall it was a good season Tripple D, I got to spend the first week of the season at our camp with 3 of my sons, one was unable to make it. Its hard now to get them all together at the same time. My granddaughter also came up with her husband with their travel trailer. So it was a great week, Nothing better than a week at the camp with family. My granddaughter now hunts with her husband so I am back hunting alone. My granddaughter shot a spike and a coyote while the rest of us all held out for that monster buck we never see. LOL We all seen deer but finished the week without connecting with that elusive monster. We all returned home for a couple of weeks. I hunted locally those weeks but never seen a respectable buck . Returned to the camp for another week, just 3 of us, and one son shot a five pointer. We never seen many deer that week , even on the cameras and suspect the full moon had a lot to do with it. So I returned home and started hunting my old spots. Shot a 4 point buck second last day of the rifle season.Split that with everyone and got out the muzzle loader for last week and shot a large doe second last day of that season.
I got in a lot of hunting time this year, hunt every day as long as it is not raining hard. I Don`t cruise the woods as much, hunt mostly now either from my pop-up blind, my permanent blind or my favourite tree. I have climbed and sat in that tree for 50 years plus. I could not begin to count the deer that I have seen from that tree. I can always count on filling my tag there and that tree brings back a ton of memories. I count myself lucky that I can still climb up there at my age. All my old hunting buddies are either medically unable to go now, to out of shape or have passed on. But I still enjoy it and plan to keep on as long as I can.

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Thanks Dan, hope all is well in your neck of the woods.
Thanks em - all is great. How your all doing well and enjoying all that deer meat!

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
Tripple D on another topic asked me how my hunting went this year. I did not want to get off topic so came here to answer him.
Overall it was a good season Tripple D, I got to spend the first week of the season at our camp with 3 of my sons, one was unable to make it. Its hard now to get them all together at the same time. My granddaughter also came up with her husband with their travel trailer. So it was a great week, Nothing better than a week at the camp with family. My granddaughter now hunts with her husband so I am back hunting alone. My granddaughter shot a spike and a coyote while the rest of us all held out for that monster buck we never see. LOL We all seen deer but finished the week without connecting with that elusive monster. We all returned home for a couple of weeks. I hunted locally those weeks but never seen a respectable buck . Returned to the camp for another week, just 3 of us, and one son shot a five pointer. We never seen many deer that week , even on the cameras and suspect the full moon had a lot to do with it. So I returned home and started hunting my old spots. Shot a 4 point buck second last day of the rifle season.Split that with everyone and got out the muzzle loader for last week and shot a large doe second last day of that season.
I got in a lot of hunting time this year, hunt every day as long as it is not raining hard. I Don`t cruise the woods as much, hunt mostly now either from my pop-up blind, my permanent blind or my favourite tree. I have climbed and sat in that tree for 50 years plus. I could not begin to count the deer that I have seen from that tree. I can always count on filling my tag there and that tree brings back a ton of memories. I count myself lucky that I can still climb up there at my age. All my old hunting buddies are either medically unable to go now, to out of shape or have passed on. But I still enjoy it and plan to keep on as long as I can.
So Nice to read this
You have many years to go yet my friend
Lets see if I can get this right my uncle by marriage his uncle shot his last deer with us at age 94. Still hunting with his old 30/30 and iron sights even had it gutted when we got there to help :)
take care

·
Registered
6,746 Posts
Awesome Daddy Duncan thanks a bunch for posting hunting results!
Hard to beat time hunting with your children, can’t wait til my grandkids are old enough!
Nothing like a productive stand you can always rely on, but you gotta keep it secret!!!
Hopefully your very careful climbing up there. I’m still climbing trees just using their branches when I decide to sit but I’m still young and do a lot of still hunting. Hopefully you get to enjoy many many more years doing what you enjoy, thanks again for posting!!!

·
Registered
315 Posts
Thanks em - all is great. How your all doing well and enjoying all that deer meat!
All good here thanks Dan, and yes we are, getting the two really helped our Winter meat stocks so we are able to enjoy it more often. Leg steaks tomorrow with wild mushrooms and gravy!

·
GREYBEARD
3,067 Posts
Good to hear you had a great season DD, thanks for sharing.

261 - 271 of 271 Posts