Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
2,389 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good day!

We are pleased to announce that the Online Check Eligibility Tool for the 2021 Moose Draw will be available April 1, 2021.

You can find the check eligibility tool as well as additional information on the draw at Wildlife & Hunting Online Services - Government of Nova Scotia

Please make sure that you have updated your online client profile, including any address, phone number, PIN or email changes prior to the draw.

Who is eligible to apply for the 2021 Moose Hunting License Draw?
To be eligible to apply to the Moose Draw, applicants must meet all of the following criteria:

Residents of Nova Scotia
Hold a Nova Scotia Wildlife Resources Card (WRC) at time of application.
Have either Hunter Training (HT/ HQ) or Bow (B) Certification on their WRC.
18 years of age or older by the third Monday in September.
Not been a winner of the moose draw in the previous five years
Not on the list of persons with a suspended hunting privilege
When to Apply
Application period is from May 3rd, 2021 at noon until May 31st at noon. Applications are accepted 24 hours a day, 7 days a week during the application period.

Moose Draw winner results will be available online June 15, 2021.

IMPORTANT
Moose Draw application fees are non-refundable
Applicants may apply once for the regular motorized access hunt and once for the non-motorized access hunt (Seasons 1 to 6, Zone 5).
An applicant wishing to apply to both hunts must submit two separate applications and will be charged the application fee for each application.
If an applicant is drawn for both the regular motorized-access hunt and for the non-motorized access hunt, they must choose which hunt they would like to participate in and forfeit the other
If you have any questions, please contact your nearest Department of Lands and Forestry Office.
How to Apply Options:
1. Online (preferred)
Available: 24 hours a day, 7 days a week

Application Fee: $9.25

Payment Options: Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard & Amex) or Interac

To apply online, visit: Moose Draw Application site.

2. By Phone
Available: Monday - Friday, 8:30 am-4:30 pm

Application Fee: $9.25

Payment Options: Credit Card (Visa, Mastercard & Amex)

To apply by phone, call: Toll Free: 1-833-302-0750 / Metro: 1-902-424-3369

3. By Mail
Available: Completed applications must be received in Halifax no later than 4:30 pm, June 4th, 2021. No applications will be accepted after this date.

Application Fee: $13.45

Mail completed form and application fee to:
"Moose Draw Application"
Citizen Services Division Business Registration Unit
Box 1529, 6N-1505 Barrington Street
Halifax, NS
B3J 2Y4

To apply by mail, save: Form will be available May 3, 2021

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
No thanks, second year boycotting. Good luck everyone who applies, your chances have gone up by me not applying and you having to deal with the s-h-it show.

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Anyone know 2020's success rate? I'm thinking it must have been low.

·
Registered
3,977 Posts
Believe it or not overall numbers were up

That being said knew quite a few that got nothing strange . That being said a lot more hours are being put in to get one and sighting were way down

Not a year to wait for a big one for sure

https://novascotia.ca/natr/hunt/moose-stats.asp
The guide did tell me that any moose seen were not like moose from years back. Very nervous, they were easily, quickly spooked. He said that he thought it was from the night hunting going on.

·
Registered
6,321 Posts
I thought the success rate was pretty good last yr,everyone I talked to got their moose.
Our ol buddy bea shot one (cow) up in zone 5 with a rifle.
He also got a nice bull in NB with his bow!

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
I thought the success rate was pretty good last yr,everyone I talked to got their moose.
Our ol buddy bea shot one (cow) up in zone 5 with a rifle.
He also got a nice bull in NB with his bow!
OMG say it isn't so

He must be getting old
laugh.png

Makes sense what you said since they sure didnot cut many up in the cape last year compared to other years

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Must be the Nova Scotia fair system below where some can get three and others none for 30 plus years
rolleyes.gif
Long wait PRICELESS

Wake up people in charge of our draw

I should get a tag this year since I'm priority two for moose in the draw. Been a long wait, 12 years now since I had one

·
Registered
647 Posts
They can take their draw and and shove it there wazoo....its rigged , now if i ever want some moose i'll just go buy a piece thats were its at for me...to many years puttin in gettin nothing watchin the same guys winning all the time

·
Registered
3,178 Posts
So many say they won't buy it and do anyways , just stay quiet about it and deny any knowledge of having a feed . Trust me Ive been asked to sell it and I'll call anyone a liar to their face that claims I sold it to them !

Ive given feeds to those who truly deserved it on my good side

·
Registered
5,301 Posts
Still debating wether or not to donate my fee again this year.

·
Registered
13,615 Posts
Well this is one guy that has never bought it and never will won't even take it free unless from a hunting friend that had a legal tag

They can check my freezers any day they like I will even hold the lid open

One phone call even now and one can get what ever they like and NOT just first nations either in fact opposite with the ones I know selling and many know these guys also but they never get charged and as much as I enjoy it NO way

A few have got hit selling it over the years also with the kijiji moose meat wanted listings and theses traps are set up there from time to time but that says real quiet when charged

Cheers

1 - 20 of 38 Posts