Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All right this is your warning lol
Get your deer or ill get a skunked trophy to you
This is the 8th year im doing this, every year a different design and this years design was hard to decide. Had a few i liked but settled on this
Jaw Natural material Horn Terrestrial animal Cartoon

Itll be a silhouette with no features, bottom section of the cross hair will be cut out

Yes Kevin the usual rules apply
1. You gotta buy a license and try to harvest one
2. If you have both primitive and general license, a harvest in either category makes you ineligible for the trophy.
That's it, go get one

Ill accept names once regular season ends and get trophies out shortly after.

Administrator
Kool....The Mrs. will be getting another one to keep her (LMAO) collection up to date 馃榿 馃榿

Registered
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Tomorrow is the last day of regular season so let the nomination of deserving hunters begin.
This is year #9 of the skunked trophy and the design is what we all want to see while out deer hunting
Theres a small artistic design change but its close
Jaw Natural material Horn Terrestrial animal Cartoon

I know ill need a few so ill start cutting next week and get them out asap after that.

When you submit a name for the trophy please include a postal address or workplace addy for personal delivery within hrm

Registered
Uh - oh, gonna have to see if I can get out with muzzy this week as I couldnt get crosshairs on a big guy in general season. Tick, tock, tick, tock ...

Registered
I ripped 3 outta 4 muscles off the tendon and 4th was left attached by a string. Was building house for wife and i to live in so had to finish build before surgery. We were living in a camper trailer with not much room so recovery in trailer wouldve been misserable. Worked on it for 2 months with crippled leg.

Registered
I guess I鈥檓 not the only one with Quad troubles. On the 23rd of November, I slipped on the new fallen snow with a bag of carrots across my shoulders. All my weight went on my left quad and I felt a pop. I knew it wasn鈥檛 good. Very painful for a few days. Happy to say that it is healing quite nicely. Apparently not as bad of a tear as first thought. Sounds like outdoor addict had a bad one. Hope things are healing !!

Registered
I could use one...... missed deer season to a ruptured quad
Ouch!
ouch - happened to me a few yrs back - one muscle completely let go. Cant be fixed so have a bulge at top of thigh, lol.
Hope things work out for you.
That too!
Lol- let鈥檚 see hunting comes but once year. I鈥檝e hunted with an ankle sprained so bad I could barely walk and had too wear four pairs of heavy socks and a garbage bag because I couldn鈥檛 get a boot on that foot. Plus I mostly still hunt so not sitting on a stand.Hunted with a broken leg one year and a broken arm another year. My son hunted this year after hip surgery.
Like I said it鈥檚 but once a year and one never knows if 鈥渢his year鈥 might be the last!

Registered
If they're not all already allocated, I guess I qualify for a trophy this year....starting to build quite the collection LOL

Registered
It鈥檚 looking like I might get skunked again this year. I could have shot multiple deer 鈥 but just not the ones I was after. 30+ cm of snow for us tomorrow night. Deer will be hungry on Thursday, and they know where the food is. One of the bigger boys might show up.

Registered
Can we nominate our hunting friends who deserve one? If you have some left the two guys I hunt with really pooched it this year. Haha. One borrowed my blind to bow hunt and shot his broad head through the blind fabric and missed his deer. Lol. other friend missed TWO deer with rifle on the SAME morning hunt we were out together. I鈥檓 getting him some glasses and a target for Christmas. I鈥檓 allowed to make fun because I finally got a deer this year!

Registered
All right this is your warning lol
Get your deer or ill get a skunked trophy to you
This is the 8th year im doing this, every year a different design and this years design was hard to decide. Had a few i liked but settled on this
View attachment 96780
Itll be a silhouette with no features, bottom section of the cross hair will be cut out

Yes Kevin the usual rules apply
1. You gotta buy a license and try to harvest one
2. If you have both primitive and general license, a harvest in either category makes you ineligible for the trophy.
That's it, go get one

Ill accept names once regular season ends and get trophies out shortly after.
I think it is awesome that you make these trophies for the boys every year! I have never put in for one in past years even though I have qualified before, more than once. I did tag a buck this year, so maybe next year. I just think it is a great tradition and a really nice gesture that means a lot to many.

1 - 20 of 35 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.