Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
That’s awesome take- em congrats on an excellent buck! Hope you got him cooled down quick and in a cooler. Did you have him under surveillance for awhile? Little warm for me i think I’ll wait until the weather cools a bit.

·
Administrator
11,128 Posts
Sooooo...you CAN point an shoot a projectile, and not just point and " click"...lol
Congrats on some fine edibles there Rob ! Nicely done !!

·
Registered
1,832 Posts
Whooo hoooo.....way to go ! >Pete

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
New deer to the area, likely came in hoping to get his picture taken and become famous on one of your colanders!!! Lol- no brainer for sure, lots of nice steaks there for sure. Congrats again.
Little surprised he’s not still in velvet. Shot one couple yrs ago on the first day which was still velvet.

·
Registered
3,323 Posts
Congrats on the deer, he's a beauty. I have several pictures from last week, of 4 different bucks, and they are still in full velvet. They must be just shedding now, and I noticed they are getting their winter coats as well. I'll be out with the muzzy in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Swhacker 2” 100 grain mechanicals. I’m sold on them. That’s the third buck I’ve arrowed with them and there hasn’t been a deer that ran more than 50 yards. Also, I’ve watched all three drop. That last buck had absolute mush for lungs and a 2” slice through the heart! They don’t leave the best blood trail I’ve ever seen but they are DEADLY.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts