Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 33 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
Well, I had a VERY PROUD father moment last night!! My son of 17 years arrowed his first deer around 5:30pm. I set him up for a broadside shot at 18 yards and he let the arrow fly perfectly at the moment that mattered most. He took out both lungs and the spike ran less than 40 yards and dropped. It was a perfect first kill - quick and ethical. We’re still excited about the whole thing this morning! Love it when a plan comes together!
Plant Smile Tree Terrestrial animal Recreation

·
Registered
710 Posts
Well, I had a VERY PROUD father moment last night!! My son of 17 years arrowed his first deer around 5:30pm. I set him up for a broadside shot at 18 yards and he let the arrow fly perfectly at the moment that mattered most. He took out both lungs and the spike ran less than 40 yards and dropped. It was a perfect first kill - quick and ethical. We’re still excited about the whole thing this morning! Love it when a plan comes together! View attachment 98674
Congratulations! To him and you.

·
Registered
7,452 Posts
Awesome stuff right there take- em !
I still remember both my son’s first deer!
Soon be the grandkids turns

·
Administrator
11,133 Posts
Fine start for little take em !!! Shoulda had a pic of papa's grin too...lol It's a great feeling when that moment a new hunter harvests his first! Only happens once-in-a-lifetime. Kudos to his teacher for introducing him to the sport. The youth are the future of it !!
Take a bow Rob.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Whoooo hoooooo.........thats awesome. Congrats !! >Pete

21 - 33 of 33 Posts