Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 37 Posts

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd start a new thread with the upcoming shotgun shooting season almost upon us. We can use this thread to message each other for squadding up...to seen who's going to what shoots..maybe even mention the scores when I beat you Mark 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

ps...there'll be no mention of you beating me in public( that's how we mods roll..LMFAO 馃槀馃槀馃槀

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Mark..I'll see you on good Friday...the 15th..we have a fun shoot with the HWWA the following day..the 16th and then Lunenburgs Spring Opener is Sunday the 17th. About 350 rounds that weekend...love it !!

Registered
Mark..I'll see you on good Friday...the 15th..we have a fun shoot with the HWWA the following day..the 16th and then Lunenburgs Spring Opener is Sunday the 17th. About 350 rounds that weekend...love it !!
Great idea Kevin . sounds like a good weekend and this thread might be of use to get more peaple out to shoots if they know where and when cause there is nothing like putting 100 rds through a shotgun and we can just post the scores to let anyone see who has bragging rights.

Registered
How does one go about getting into these shoots? I'd be hesitant to jump right into competition as I've only ever shot clays recreationally, but I'd be interested in participating in some casual shoots if my schedule allows.

Registered
How does one go about getting into these shoots? I'd be hesitant to jump right into competition as I've only ever shot clays recreationally, but I'd be interested in participating in some casual shoots if my schedule allows.
HI Woodsmaster the best way to start is to look at the 2022 Atlantic Shoot Calender and have a look at the up coming shoots and see which ones work for you. Most you have to preregestar but that is easy to do,just find the club online and there is usally a link to the upcoming shoot.If you want to try sporting clays I would recomend Nova Sporting Clays in Gays River they shoot Thursday afternoon and Sunday morning and welcome new shooters,most clubs do and don,t worry about your score as most new or hunter practice shooters only score less than 50 percent the first few times out just have fun with it. But be carefull it can be adictive

Registered
I have to agree Mark a trip to a place like nova before actually going to a competitive shoot can be of great benefit to someone who has never shot sporting clays . it will give you the insight on how targets are presented and how to read their flight path .along with that it allows you to shoot in a more relaxed atmosphere . it also allows you to verify that the gun you intend to use will function with target loads . I have seen a number of people show up to their first sporting shoot only to realize that there best hunting semi auto will not cycle with the target loads they have . as the gun needs to be capable of firing 2 shots quickly back to back . double barrel guns and auto loaders with a few pumps thrown in is what you will see at a shoots for guns with majority being over / unders .

Reactions: WoodsMaster

Registered
I went to one a few years ago in Dartmouth. I had the same type of experience before attending. I got to meet Kevin and Rembolt there, everyone there was friendly and accommodating. It is by far a different experience than blasting a few from my Canadian Tire launcher, only by sheer luck did I come in second last, but any day shooting a shotgun will put a smile on my face. It was a good day and would recommend.

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Spencer..what ya doin good friday ?? were shooting in kentville...I might be able to persuade them to allow you to join our squad..even tho wee full

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
**you'll have to pay your registration fee when you arrive (50 I think)...bring your semi..O/U or pump shotgun and 125 rounds of target ammo...if you dont have either...I can accommodate you. I'll need to know asap to try and work it out with the club.
GAR ON TEED you'll have a laff !!

Registered
Kev that sounds like an awesome time, but I'll have to pass on this one. Big trout fishing trip planned for that weekend! Keep me in mind for if any other opportunities arise, I'd love a chance to learn from the best! 馃槒

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
there'll be lots of opportunities bud. I'll kit with you !

Registered
Kev that sounds like an awesome time, but I'll have to pass on this one. Big trout fishing trip planned for that weekend! Keep me in mind for if any other opportunities arise, I'd love a chance to learn from the best! 馃槒
You must be planning on going when Rembolt is there are you

Sorry Kevin I had to post my lip was hurting too much from biting it on this one:p:p

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Lol..no worries ol boyyy...there are a lot better shooters than me...THAT'S for sho...but I can hold my own 馃槄馃槄

Registered
This is one of the premier shot gun events in the province .if you like shotgunning don't miss this one . Great people with very well run events with some nice prizes .Help support the shooting sports in our province and have some FUN .
Font World Signage Poster Advertising

Reactions: WoodsMaster

Registered
Attention sporting clay shooters .the sporting clays shoot scheduled for Lunenburg on April 17th has been rescheduled to April 24th .

Registered
Thought I'd start a new thread with the upcoming shotgun shooting season almost upon us. We can use this thread to message each other for squadding up...to seen who's going to what shoots..maybe even mention the scores when I beat you Mark 馃ぃ馃ぃ馃ぃ

ps...there'll be no mention of you beating me in public( that's how we mods roll..LMFAO 馃槀馃槀馃槀
anyone have the results from the Kentville Good Friday shoot so I can see how bad Kevin beat me by

Administrator
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
You really want me to post it up Mark...lmao

Anthony Wambolt was HOA with 82
Jody Baker ( part of the magnificent 7 out of 8 馃ぃ) ..Jason Bartlett and Steve Whitman were tied with 81...Jody won the tie with longest run of 19
I shot a 77 a mere 5 away from top dog..lol
I think I saw your name in the class of 67 馃槈

1 - 20 of 37 Posts