Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
41 - 60 of 71 Posts

·
Administrator
10,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
That's great you got your issues fixed Mark...I knew those would do it. .. you'll have a much neater bench from now on....lmao Cleaning up powder and shot every now and then goes directly hand and hand with shotshell reloading...ha ha ha. You shot a great round today buddy..grats !!
We had a great shoot in Yarmouth today...what a hoot !! Always a great course there. Big thank you to all the clubs members and volunteers who make this possible for us shotgun enthusiasts !!! WELL DONE !!

Man...it was F N hot when we hit the course at 1:15 !
Hard to believe you can miss a rabbit target...that's rolling away from you at the speed a 5 yr old can roll it on the ground...TWICE !!!...LMFAO .....I seen some guys do just that ( I may or may not have done it too)) I got humbled on the two trap stations today...mannnn...I definitely need more time on the trap course.
I pulled off the most incredible "fluke" shot at station 8 yesterday. I missed the first overhead target coming from behind me...as it was falling down between the branches 30 yds away, I pulled on the second target which was quartering away going across in front of me (right to left about 4 ft off the ground)...the first one while falling was right in that sweet spot and got broken by my second shot...while breaking my second target at the same time, thusly, ...giving me the break on that "pair" of targets. I'd never have enuff guns...ammo...or life left in me to EVER EVER do that again !!!! Pretty kool !!

·
Registered
77 Posts
That's great you got your issues fixed Mark...I knew those would do it. .. you'll have a much neater bench from now on....lmao Cleaning up powder and shot every now and then goes directly hand and hand with shotshell reloading...ha ha ha. You shot a great round today buddy..grats !!
We had a great shoot in Yarmouth today...what a hoot !! Always a great course there. Big thank you to all the clubs members and volunteers who make this possible for us shotgun enthusiasts !!! WELL DONE !!

Man...it was F N hot when we hit the course at 1:15 !
Hard to believe you can miss a rabbit target...that's rolling away from you at the speed a 5 yr old can roll it on the ground...TWICE !!!...LMFAO .....I seen some guys do just that ( I may or may not have done it too)) I got humbled on the two trap stations today...mannnn...I definitely need more time on the trap course.
I pulled off the most incredible "fluke" shot at station 8 yesterday. I missed the first overhead target coming from behind me...as it was falling down between the branches 30 yds away, I pulled on the second target which was quartering away going across in front of me (right to left about 4 ft off the ground)...the first one while falling was right in that sweet spot and got broken by my second shot...while breaking my second target at the same time, thusly, ...giving me the break on that "pair" of targets. I'd never have enuff guns...ammo...or life left in me to EVER EVER do that again !!!! Pretty kool !!
The last shoot of the series is this sunday and it looks like a rain free event, good luck to everyone who is shooting and Kevin try to keep the fancy trick shooting down so there will be a few birds for the rest .

·
Administrator
10,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
The last shoot of the series is this sunday and it looks like a rain free event, good luck to everyone who is shooting and Kevin try to keep the fancy trick shooting down so there will be a few birds for the rest .
LOL...I'm stuck in a 70's rut this for years series Mark..hope Weymouth is more forgiving 😉😉
Besides....I'm just in it to win it (( that new Browning shotgun)) winning a second one has a nice ring to it don't you think 😉 😀

·
Registered
77 Posts
LOL...I'm stuck in a 70's rut this for years series Mark..hope Weymouth is more forgiving 😉😉
Besides....I'm just in it to win it (( that new Browning shotgun)) winning a second one has a nice ring to it don't you think 😉 😀
Well Kevin that sounds a bit on the greedy side winning two guns in one year and it will sure be a quite ride home because Rembolt said he already chatted up Barry in Yarmouth for the gun but just to let you know Barry is in our squad and when we score him he will have his best shoot ever wink, nod nod. All kidding aside it will be a great day to put 100 rounds down the barrel.

·
Administrator
10,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #48 ·
Thinking real hard o taking down my new Fabarm to give it a good whirl. If I hit 40 targets or 80 targets don't much matter..ima havin a blast either way !!

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Yesterday saw 132 shooters take on the 100 target course at Bayside shooting sports in Weymouth for the wrap up of the 2022 nova shoot series . top score of the day was a 91 of 100 targets . a new shooter of the year was crowned with a 2 point win over the second place shooter . congrats Joe Coleman on shooter of the year . also congrats to Jody Baker member of our squad for winning the series grand prize of a new browning citori cx over under . A special thanks to all the clubs . Lunenburg rod and gun club , Annapolis valley shooting sports club ,Highland gun club and Bayside shooting sports club .and a very special thanks to Barry Faulkner and Hubert Vroom . for all their hard work and time put in to making this a great shoot series . would also like to thank LeQuille country store for their sponsorship of the series . looking forward to next year's series already .

·
Registered
2,465 Posts
Coming up this Sunday is the summer sporting shoot at Annapolis Valley shooting sports club . 100 sporting clay targets . it will be great to get back out after a three week break .

·
Administrator
10,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #51 ·
YUP...3 weeks off and then 3 weeks on ! Only bad thing is could be 38 with the humidex !!

·
Administrator
10,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #52 ·
The following weekend is the second annual " 3 SHOT SHOOT " in Weymouth ! This one is for pumps and semis only ! Every station will have three throwers set for some challenging shots, with a " true tripple " as the last presentation !!!
Shootin only 2 shots at a station for years gets engrained on your brain...seen lots of guys step up, call for the birds...pull the trigger TWICE and start lowering their guns...only to have the rest of the squad start hollering...YOU GOT ANOTHER BIRD...SHOOT AGAIN...lmao.
Some of our guys did this as well ...MORE than once too ! (won't mention names cuz of self incrimination)
Weekend after that is the challenger shoot at Gays River. My old buddy The Gun Dealer will be on site. Anyone looking for target ammo, rifle ammo, lead primers...anything in shop can be ordered and he'll bring it down...for FREE ! No DG..no shipping...ACT NOW !
Then the following weekend I'll be heading to Fredericton NB for the 2 day Browning Shoot ! Rooms been booked since Feb...mama will get her couple trips to St Marys for bingo...and I get to shoot 250 rounds over 2 days...win win for us !!!

·
Administrator
10,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #53 ·
Well, it's here...the 3 Shot Shoot in Weymouth !! Grab your semi's...pumps and any of those tripple crown Chiappas's ya might have on hand....you'll need em for this one !! 100 targets over 8 stations should keep the guns from icing up !!
Every station has 3 traps, thery'll be a flurry from those from all directions with a final "true tripple" as your last presentation !!
Any shotgunner from any hunting sport or target breaking club only, will truly appreciate this course of presentations !! The heat / humidex will be the first and foremost target for all of us., but LOTS of ice water and a few head rinses outta do it !!

7 hours till T-off....giddyupp !!

·
Administrator
10,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #54 ·
80 brave souls struggled thru the ice and snow yesterday to shoot in Weymouth !! 🤣 🤣

Some devious target presentations for all to enjoy ! Congrats to Bayside Shooting Sports Club and its volunteers for putting this together for all of us shooting aficionados..WELL DONE GANG !!
What a GREAT time despite the heat dome over our heads we truly had a blast !!!! LOTS of ice water hepled quite a bit.
Congrats to Anthony Wambolt for HOA with another 91/100 !!! Mannnn that mofo can shoot LOL !! Got humbled on a few stations as did most and got some redemption on a few others. I managed a 78/100 with my new to me Winchester SX3 Sporting. First time shooting it..gotta say it's an impressive semi ! The annual Challenger Shoot at Nova Sporting Clays in Gays River this Saturday is our next stop on the shooting trail. A premier event ..couple of new guns being given away !!

THE GUN DEALER will be onsite...call Ross this week and order you goodies...he'll bring it with him to the shoot...NO SHIPPING !! Great opportunity to grab some ammo, wads, lead, primers etc the expensive stuff to ship,,,save some hard earned moolah !

Hope to see you there !!

·
Registered
77 Posts
80 brave souls struggled thru the ice and snow yesterday to shoot in Weymouth !! 🤣 🤣

Some devious target presentations for all to enjoy ! Congrats to Bayside Shooting Sports Club and its volunteers for putting this together for all of us shooting aficionados..WELL DONE GANG !!
What a GREAT time despite the heat dome over our heads we truly had a blast !!!! LOTS of ice water hepled quite a bit.
Congrats to Anthony Wambolt for HOA with another 91/100 !!! Mannnn that mofo can shoot LOL !! Got humbled on a few stations as did most and got some redemption on a few others. I managed a 78/100 with my new to me Winchester SX3 Sporting. First time shooting it..gotta say it's an impressive semi ! The annual Challenger Shoot at Nova Sporting Clays in Gays River this Saturday is our next stop on the shooting trail. A premier event ..couple of new guns being given away !!

THE GUN DEALER will be onsite...call Ross this week and order you goodies...he'll bring it with him to the shoot...NO SHIPPING !! Great opportunity to grab some ammo, wads, lead, primers etc the expensive stuff to ship,,,save some hard earned moolah !

Hope to see you there !!
Yep Kevin that shoot was a lot of fun it was my first time doing that and was a hoot. Was quite funny watching peaple standing there going bang, bang, click forgot to load the third shell or bring the gun down after two only to have a buddy yell at them ,another target. It would be nice for other clubs to try this , might make the atendence come up as like you said 80 people, long drive with the price of fuel so great turnout,well done Bayside.Even though the records will say you beat me by 1 target I know it was a tie so see you in Gays River where I will be squaded with two of your squad members and we will show you no mercy🤣🤣

·
Administrator
10,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #56 ·
LMAO, yea Mark..I may have dropped my gun after 2 shots on several occasions too( as did the rest of the crew) saw a few guys go bang..bang nothing...only loaded 2 LOL..it was aa blast for sure.
Buttt...on a technical note ol buddy..station 5 (the boat) I had 10 x's... my score sheet shows 9 !!! Final score should read 79 ...Barry and Hubert missed it...so did I ...soooo it's STILL by one

·
Registered
781 Posts
I took my son in his 20's to AVSSC and we tried the manual clay launcher. He had a run of hitting 12 in a row around the beginning of the session. It was his first time. He has a lot of experience in video games doing what they call snap shoot where you zero in on the target in one instant gesture. We both agreed there could be no transfer of muscle memory from computer mouse snaps to shotgun. However there could be some mental acuity in common between the two situations. I have no idea if the manual launcher presents less of a challenge or similar to the automated clay launchers from the towers. Should he be encouraged to try this out, or does 12/12 from the manual launcher not really tell us anything?

·
Administrator
10,790 Posts
Discussion Starter · #58 ·
It tells you that he can hit that clay going in that one direction from the same spot repeatly. If the shooting box or the thrower was moved 6 ft in either direction..it would be a whole new view and presentation angle.
Get him on the skeet field with a few fellow shooters and mentors ...he'll have 8 positions and 8 different angles ....therein lies the fun along with the challenge !!

·
Registered
77 Posts
I took my son in his 20's to AVSSC and we tried the manual clay launcher. He had a run of hitting 12 in a row around the beginning of the session. It was his first time. He has a lot of experience in video games doing what they call snap shoot where you zero in on the target in one instant gesture. We both agreed there could be no transfer of muscle memory from computer mouse snaps to shotgun. However there could be some mental acuity in common between the two situations. I have no idea if the manual launcher presents less of a challenge or similar to the automated clay launchers from the towers. Should he be encouraged to try this out, or does 12/12 from the manual launcher not really tell us anything?
As long as he had fun shooting sure why not , better than shooting paper and those little orange clays are going over 40 mph so with a little practice and right instruction on hold points and such he would start breaking clays no problem plus the real thing has got to be better than video

·
Registered
77 Posts
LMAO, yea Mark..I may have dropped my gun after 2 shots on several occasions too( as did the rest of the crew) saw a few guys go bang..bang nothing...only loaded 2 LOL..it was aa blast for sure.
Buttt...on a technical note ol buddy..station 5 (the boat) I had 10 x's... my score sheet shows 9 !!! Final score should read 79 ...Barry and Hubert missed it...so did I ...soooo it's STILL by one
Okay you beat me by one I still came in the top 10 out of 80 not too bad for a one eye shooting old man.

41 - 60 of 71 Posts