Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Since someone mentioned it already...

Since i had so much free time on my hands today, i searched online and found a pattern for the trophy. Design will not be revealed until end of regular deer season
In addition to winning this years trophy, all hunters submitted for the trophy will also be in for another prize. The random hunter will be picked from all names received by my wife from a "hat" i will video.
This extra prize will be drawn one week after the end of primitive seasons
The prize?? Its something everyone's going to want on their wall. Measures approximately 14x11inches
Textile Wood Mammal Gesture Font

You asked for it, you got it!!
Btw this is my 10th year doing these and thought id do something special to celebrate the occasion

· Registered
3,677 Posts
Plant Natural environment Organism Grass Natural landscape
I'm hoping I won't be included in that list this year. I have a bunch of bucks and one decent young buck "living around my camp". All my pics are daytime pics, so he could be coming home with me on the first day of muzzy season. I will have to assess him on the hoof if I see him, to make my decision. He might get a pass this year. He still has another month of growing from when this picture was taken..

· Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
One week before the general season starts so ill start cutting trophies this weekend.
Ill pre cut half as many as i did last year in hopes you all get the big trophy youve dreamed about
Ill post the design once the season has begun
I may even post a pic of the super skunk trophy if i can get it cut

· Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
One week in and lots of great deer being harvested.
Heres your incentive to get one, here is the 2022 skunked trophy design
Wood Art Font Handwriting Wall

Just waiting to be cut, dont make me cut one for you or your wife (right Kevin)

It has been mentioned that the certificate have a spot to acknowledge the person who nominated the lucky recipient but i think the not knowing is best.
What do you think

· Registered
3,677 Posts
I recieved 2 such "trophies" in the last 2 years. I promised my one grandson that I would harvest a deer this year for him. Seeing lots so it shouldn't be an issue getting one. I'm just hoping one of the bigger ones come out. A nice 6 pointer came out this morning. Stayed for 3 minutes and then continued on.

· Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok now that regular season is over ,send me names and addresses of everyone that got skunked so i can get a trophy sent out
Send info via email Superslickie @ gmail .com (remove spaces)
This is free, no cost

· Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Days are winding down quick now

Besides Kevin (and his crew)and woodsmaster , who else needs a skunked trophy??
I cant seriously think everyone got a deer on this site, nominate your hunting buddy
I haven't got 40 names this year compared to 139 last year. Someone has to be telling hunting stories from years gone by

· Registered
1,136 Posts
Yes, all my hunting stories are from years gone passed as I have not bought a hunting license for at least three years. Someday, I hope to be have the time to participate in the sport again.

· Registered
1,078 Posts
Well, me too. Skunked. There was only one deer coming to my site, a really nice 8 point, that I might have shot if I got the chance but he only showed up at night or when I wasn't there. He was there at 4:45 on Wednesday afternoon but I wasn't hunting that day. Other than that he only came around at night.

· Registered
3,677 Posts
I chased one of my "target bucks" off the pile yesterday when I dropped off a bag of carrots at 3:30 pm. I passed on him on October 1st, then he went nocturnal for 2 months. He made daily daytime appearances since December 3rd. If I didn't already have a deer, I could have very easily shot this guy. He has a huge body compared to the rest of the deer that he hangs with. Now that the season is over, I can only hope he will survive the winter... which he should.
Deer Organism Plant Fawn Terrestrial animal

· Registered
2,933 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
All skunked trophies have been cut, envelopes addressed, awaiting Canada post or hand delivery

Still waiting on a few to contact me with addresses.
Its been a real slow year cutting as ive only done 31 compared to 139 last year

1 - 20 of 32 Posts