Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

· Administrator
11,058 Posts
I chased one of my "target bucks" off the pile yesterday when I dropped off a bag of carrots at 3:30 pm. I passed on him on October 1st, then he went nocturnal for 2 months. He made daily daytime appearances since December 3rd. If I didn't already have a deer, I could have very easily shot this guy. He has a huge body compared to the rest of the deer that he hangs with. Now that the season is over, I can only hope he will survive the winter... which he should. View attachment 99057
jeezus...he's got the belly sag and back arch on him. He's also got a hard lookin well worn face on him BM.

· Registered
3,789 Posts
I passed on him because I thought he was a young buck. I had hundreds of pics of him during the season. The more I look at him … and his “much larger than the rest” body … maybe he is an old deer and his antlers are regressing ??? I’m hoping he comes back next year. He is easy to distinguish. He has a notch out of his right ear … hence the name my grandson gave him … “Notch”.

· Administrator
11,058 Posts
Yea..I think so...downward and onward..lol. any chance you know his core area and might find his sheds from this year ?? 1 - 2 inch of snow down is perfect shed hunting weather.

· Registered
5,363 Posts
I chased one of my "target bucks" off the pile yesterday when I dropped off a bag of carrots at 3:30 pm. I passed on him on October 1st, then he went nocturnal for 2 months. He made daily daytime appearances since December 3rd. If I didn't already have a deer, I could have very easily shot this guy. He has a huge body compared to the rest of the deer that he hangs with. Now that the season is over, I can only hope he will survive the winter... which he should. View attachment 99057
Looks quite old?

· Registered
2,973 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well its all over but the crying. We randomly picked a number that corresponded to a name that was skunked, and the winner is #37 (Simon Poirer of Inverness).
Ill finish final fitting and get it sent out after the holidays.
Wood Gesture Art Font Arthropod

· Administrator
11,058 Posts
OHHHHHHH Spencer....I have something here for youuuuu...lmao we'll try and get together in the new year. I get you that sandpaper and stuff too.

21 - 32 of 32 Posts