Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
161 - 176 of 176 Posts
Sure is I hope he tastes as good as he looks Going to have to wait until tomorrow to BBQ him mama came home with supper from work and it is going to be raining and a high of 7 tomorrow so BBQ with the winter coat on :( Girls won't eat trout don't know what they are missing Have to find some cash to get the first feed of lobster also this weekend No idea what they are going for this year but it is never too much money for a few feeds of them a year The days of barter for them for me are gone now since almost no one runs the old chev 292 engines any more for me to work on plus too many flowers to baby to find that time right now
The guy on the side of the road here lists live lobster at $9.99/lb

The guy on the side of the road here lists live lobster at $9.99/lb
Thanks. I have to call and check maybe today what they go for here normally a bit less than the mainland but god knows My bud and I did some glassing last night and we don't remember ever seeing so many traps so close to shore here Not sure if that is good or bad until I talk to someone fishing them Normally they don't get this close until later in the season when it warms up a bit
Have a great day have to run I can hear the crying water me water me :(

Hopped in the truck Saturday morning to head for the Annapolis. Shad fishing is new to me, but I’ve been going these last few years and it’s a blast. Got to the river and could see the Shad swimming by. Tied on a green and white dart and let er fly. 2 hours later and not even a bite. I watched for about 20 minutes as I wiggled my dart through a school of Shad without any of them showing any interest. Just one of those days I guess.

I noticed some trout jumping in a pool on the other side of the river so before I packed up I tied on a trusty Panther Martin and tossed it in. 3 tries and I hooked this fat speckled. He was full of Shad eggs!

Nice little consolation prize lol

Fish Grass Recreation Ray-finned fish Automotive exterior

Hopped in the truck Saturday morning to head for the Annapolis. Shad fishing is new to me, but I’ve been going these last few years and it’s a blast. Got to the river and could see the Shad swimming by. Tied on a green and white dart and let er fly. 2 hours later and not even a bite. I watched for about 20 minutes as I wiggled my dart through a school of Shad without any of them showing any interest. Just one of those days I guess.

I noticed some trout jumping in a pool on the other side of the river so before I packed up I tied on a trusty Panther Martin and tossed it in. 3 tries and I hooked this fat speckled. He was full of Shad eggs!

Nice little consolation prize lol

View attachment 100877
Love the juice box.

And beautiful fish.

I gotta get out for trout once the gaspereau stop.

Walked 8900 steps thru north mountain walked into little falls down to the last pool in the series then back to truck then walked into church not a goddam thing lol no trout or salmon but a good morn though lol i'm gettin old ...

161 - 176 of 176 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.