Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As most of you know the puppies are buying me a new dedicated bunny gun.
Its coming from prophet river and i hope to have it in hand by the end of November.
Now here is where im taking it to the next level, ive seen on another forum that someone had a laser engraved image of their dog done to the receiver. Just so happens that my receiver has an empty spot big enough for the "bunny busters" image and ive been speaking to a local shop owner who has a laser engraver.
Black Sleeve Mammal Font Rectangle

Shoe Cloud Sunglasses Wood Eyewear

Wood Air gun Trigger Everyday carry Gun accessory

Top image is the bunny buster logo minus the hunter
Middle is my receiver with its clean slate
Bottom was my inspiration to customize.

I cant wait to see it in hand all finished

·
Administrator
10,997 Posts
Nice touch !! That'll give you new shotty it's own personality Tim...just like your pup your keeping...LOL

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
LOL the collector in me is screaming NO NO never alter from factory it drops resale value
But this is a bunny gun and will be used as such and in this case may increase resale but I think it will die with you being a 28ga :) so think it will be real cool and realistic since the rabbit is still running after being fired at three times or more :p

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
That called warning shots, getting expensive so management is cutting them out.
Yes it will be a true bunny gun, in the thickets, rain, snow and a bit of mud on occasion.

If im spending "that kinda cash" itll be staying with me for as long as im able to hunt. My wife thinks im crazy for buying it but she accepts its going to happen so is on side.

·
Administrator
10,997 Posts
It's OK Joe..it's only a Hugly..not a Browning
🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I got the post note to pickup a parcel when we got back from CB yesterday, picked up this morning
My 28ga finally arrived!!
Huglu silver hawk will be broken in Friday and out for a first hunt over the hounds Saturday

·
Registered
77 Posts
Looks like a sweet gun! I’ve been keeping my eye out for 870 or 1100 28 gauge for rabbit hunting for a little while now. It’s a sweet little cartridge for rabbits, shame it’s not more popular

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
I agree 3macs1 on the 28 gauge!:)
Yes sir got my first one in 1969 and never looked back. Over 2 1/2 dozen now :D:D and sold but one in all those years :( Daughter needed books which was more important
Pretty much have to reload for it however which is no big deal if a guy already does some reloading of shotgun
Tim is going to love the 28ga :)

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
My huglu arrived Tuesday and today i finally had time to test it out shooting clays. My friend and i went to the club to break it in.
He just started shooting clays in june, i only shot once before 20years ago. I have video proof that back then i couldn't hit the side of the barn from the inside lol
Once we stopped talking about how nice it looked we went over the rules for the day specific for the club. Now to pattern it at specific ranges, nice patterns for all chokes using #7 1/2, i was a tad low and right. Low was me 100%, going from my Mossberg 500 to the huglu i expected that. The right was wind gusts, wind was howling left to right and bringing the wet snow/rain with it.
We were determined to test it so next was clays. As windy as it was, throwing the birds around, we gave it a good go. The good news is it worked flawlessly and i managed to get 75%!! My friend only managed 50% using it but 65% when he went to his 410. He thinks i was shooting at broken clays out of the box.
Im super impressed with my results today and cant wait to get it out on pheasant next week

·
Administrator
10,997 Posts
YOU ??? shooting 75% in gale force....lmfao...THAT I gotta see...heh heh heh...bring it to the pre Christmas fun shoot and show me....lol

Congrats on the new toy buddy !! I can ..gar an dam tee you're gonna love it !

·
Registered
17,049 Posts
YOU ??? shooting 75% in gale force....lmfao...THAT I gotta see...heh heh heh...bring it to the pre Christmas fun shoot and show me....lol

Congrats on the new toy buddy !! I can ..gar an dam tee you're gonna love it !
All high house station 1:p
Glad it arrived Tim safe and sound enjoy

·
Registered
2,671 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
We were just using the thrower and the wind was letting them get out 25m and hanging them in place for me. Couple of doubles thrown out too that i apparently made look easy.
Ill have it at the club shoot on the 19th for testing purposes

1 - 20 of 40 Posts