Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 34 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
2,436 Posts
Congrats on the gun sounds like your going to like it . what's your impression with fit and finish of the gun its self Tim . The Huglu line as good reviews .

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
I looked it over trying to figure out why it was on sale when other huglu weren't. It fits together nice and snug like it should, the wood is incredible, nice rich woodgrain.
The only issue i have and its minor, the one pictured didnt have engraved sides, this one does. I had planned to get the bunny buster image engraved on the sides.
Most of the ones i looked at came in its own storage case, this one did not.
It shoots where i point it and it goes bang when i pull the trigger. Im a happy camper.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
I looked it over trying to figure out why it was on sale when other huglu weren't. It fits together nice and snug like it should, the wood is incredible, nice rich woodgrain.
The only issue i have and its minor, the one pictured didnt have engraved sides, this one does. I had planned to get the bunny buster image engraved on the sides.
Most of the ones i looked at came in its own storage case, this one did not.
It shoots where i point it and it goes bang when i pull the trigger. Im a happy camper.
Don't think the case was included in that version that came in a box
Cheers

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Ive seen a few regular huglu models without a case but all the silver hawk models ive seen had cases

No big deal either way itll probably stand with the rest in the off season

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
So today i was asked how much ammo i had for my 28ga, after a brief pause i answered
I had 2 bags Winchester hulls, a bag of claybuster. Waa28 replacement wads,a brick plus of primers and 2lbs of powder
I also have 3 boxes of imperial cil hulls (factory)
4 boxes challenger factory loads #4
3 boxes challenger factory#6
Box of Winchester AA factory #7.5

Almost enough to get to the end of bunny season

·
Administrator
10,477 Posts
8 boxes ??? that's it ???...THAT won't even last you for the day on Sunday comin ;) :)

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
Well the Mec arrived today with a few extras thrown in. More hulls and wads, his recipes, digital scale, and about 5lb #6 shot.
One step closer to rolling my own.!!

On a side note i will not be able to get it engraved as it showed up already engraved. Im still not happy about it but ill live with it. I dont know how to work around the mess in the middle.
Wood Rectangle Automotive exterior Office equipment Material property

·
GREYBEARD
3,056 Posts
Congrats on the Mec, nothing like loading your own.
Use the Huglu and enjoy it the way it is.

·
Registered
153 Posts
Youre welcome re: the MEC.

I don't post much here but knew you were looking so as soon as I saw it I texted Yoda and let him know to get a hold of you. But be warned Yoda is a bad influence he influences me in bad ways to buy reloading gear.

·
Administrator
10,477 Posts
my pa always said..you can lead a horse to water...but sometimes ya just have ta hold his head under for a spell...lmao

·
Registered
2,390 Posts
Discussion Starter · #34 ·
Ive known Yoda for a few years, he has been a wealth of knowledge and sometimes the brunt of a joke.

21 - 34 of 34 Posts