Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
5,425 Posts
Loaded ammo is still scarce BB270. It's pretty much a reloaders cartridge now and yes, the thread certainly went sideways. This is why nobody wants to bother with the site.

Reactions: Moose Magoo

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
Thanks for the help guys....I was aware that X-Reload had the PRVI brass in stock, just was hoping someone had some locally.My neighbor at my camp had just bought a model 99 in 303 Savage and couldn't find loaded ammo.Got a set of dies from Sandy up in Debert, but he didn't have brass.....just wanted to help a friend/neighbor out.Didn't mean for this thread to goes sideways.
Nor did I my friend and you have my apologies
But setting up a potential undesirable situation has to be addressed IMHO. Not to mention many here are novis reloaders at best and could have tried that
Take care

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
Loaded ammo is still scarce BB270. It's pretty much a reloaders cartridge now and yes, the thread certainly went sideways. This is why nobody wants to bother with the site.
Ya Ok Ed next time just let someone potentially get hurt
Glad win94 can see the light and agrees. Notice those that know 100% more about reloading rifle than you and I combined here never said a word but one sure did sent a PM to me and sure didnot disagree
No Ed this is why people are here to learn and be safe and before someone says Joe the know it all. I know a F'k of a lot about reloading and have done a ton of it. Way more than most. When I sold off my RCBS dies just a few years ago there were over 30 different calipers being reloaded not counting what I kept and rifle is second to shotgun by a mile Ya everyone has over 20 mec machines set up for one type of round ONLY and siting on a few tons of lead and a few 100 pounds of powder
And yes I am dam cranky this morning. Lost a first cousin this week age 52 and healthy as a horse to that flu covid. Ya right. Never even made the ICU. I want to shake some more than ever now wake up people

Know the real problem with this site Ed. A few of these here that high five each other. Not much of a man IMHO if a dam post drives you away

Cheers

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
Where is the high five button? Am I missing something?
There are four here we argue and fight all the time and never see eye to eye on nothing and I have named them the stoges
One hits me and the rest all chime in and support each other so we say time for your high five boys :)
NO you are not missing anything. Lost the first family member to covid this week as I stated above. She was not living in NS however and only 52
Makes it so real now for my family
Cheers

·
Registered
206 Posts
That is too bad, Joe. The mother-in-law has it, as of last night, in Calgary. She is 82 with all three shots in an old folks home.

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
That is too bad, Joe. The mother-in-law has it, as of last night, in Calgary. She is 82 with all three shots in an old folks home.
Yep. Killed her in 7 days. I hope she does Ok your MIL and those older folks are tough most of them hope she is one
Entire family is now freaking here, One even said god Joe I figured if any one would die from it you would be the one or your brother battling liver cancer
I said I love you too Oh boy

·
Registered
2,408 Posts
Sorry to hear Joe, its never easy to lose family and tougher if it could have been prevented by a "simple" shot.
Im just started into shotgun reloading and i have the entire internet at my fingertips to find load data, and how to videos, yet with all that i trust only 3 people, that have loaded thousands of shells, toneman, Kevin and you.

·
Registered
15,757 Posts
Sorry to hear Joe, its never easy to lose family and tougher if it could have been prevented by a "simple" shot.
Im just started into shotgun reloading and i have the entire internet at my fingertips to find load data, and how to videos, yet with all that i trust only 3 people, that have loaded thousands of shells, toneman, Kevin and you.
Thanks Buddy. We were not close she went away when she was like 18 but was a 1st cousin and I am close to the brothers not sure if vaccinated or not but I hope so
There are more than us three here I trust that pull handles and some have a ton more knowledge on rifle and shotgun than me like as you say kevin, rembot , bullet caster etc to name a few
But don't think too many jumped into shotgun as crazy as I did. Little I have not tried there from lead , steel to whatever in every gauge from slugs to duplex loads
Funny yesterday I was looking on the internet for a load for that 800x for you and IMR or hodgdon now doesn't show one any more for the 28ga
Going to have to go look up in the old books . If you cannot find unique and are stuck. I have two I think un opened bottles of 1 pound universal I could give up if you need them. Also have a 4 pounder of winchester WSF but the way that performs in the 28ga from my experience I would not give that to my worst enemy
Winchester never did publish any recipes for it in 28ga but others did and after using a pound I know why yet some guys would sware by it,
Take care

21 - 29 of 29 Posts