Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone,
Looking for some experience or information on a winchester 350 Legend. I have a trade offer for one but have no idea what this is capable of in regard to game. My other concern would be ammo..I don’t reload so not interested in huge ammo cost or having to look high and low for ammo. Any experience and thoughts would be appreciated:)

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Winchester xpr
well not a AR or on an AR platform so that is good
, Very little said about that round even on nutz only a handful of posts I could find
IMO may be a tough sell if you don't like it
Cheers

·
GREYBEARD
3,056 Posts
What I have read about this cartridge is it compares best to 35 Rem, but the 35 rem or 30-30 would be a much better choice.
If you think 35 Rem might be hard to find, 350 Legend in Canada is likely very hard to find on shelves.
3macs1 is right that it was designed as an AR cartridge as well.
Look up Chuck Hawks for his info on the 350 Legend
https://www.chuckhawks.com/win_350_legend.html

·
Registered
408 Posts
I love the idea of it in a lever action. It's designed to be compliant with the straight wall cartridge limits in some states for deer hunting so it is a capable 100 to 150 yard cartridge for deer.

I'm not sure I see any value in a bolt action 350

·
Administrator
10,477 Posts
Good chance he's trading it for a reason. rare as hens teeth ammo ..limited range would be my first 2 summizes

·
Registered
412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info, I am going to pass on that trade. Nice rifle but not nice enough in regards to ammo and range lol

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
The Gun-dealer has lots of 350 Legend ammo. Appears to be cheaper than a lot of “normal” ammo. To be honest … I have never heard of this caliber before. I started to look at it. It was designed for the deer hunter, and is capable of taking deer out to 250 yards. Might be a cool rifle to have.

·
Registered
15,670 Posts
Guess one has to look it from the other side also why during an ammo shortage is there lots of 350 around
Be interesting to know how much ever sold from the initial shipments
Cheers

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I have never heard of the calibre before. Obviously it is not very popular. But there seems to be some ammo around.

·
Registered
1,697 Posts
I have never heard of the calibre before. Obviously it is not very popular. But there seems to be some ammo around.
It's newer, as mentioned above it gets around some US states where regulations say you need a straight walled cartridge. Where those restrictions aren't applied here it really solves nothing unless you want to play around with a different cartridge for kicks.

·
Registered
297 Posts
The give you the 35 Rem performance in a new design strait wall cartridge. It first appeared in AR's then moved to bolts and single shots. I just bought one of the 450 Bushmasters in a Ruger Ranch Rifle. It is of the same design and is power similar to 444 Marlin. Bought the rifle for the Gun Dealer with some ammo. You will see the 350 gain ground here in the next couple years.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts