Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
This is a photo of my grandfather and his hunting party . he is on the right leaning on the truck
. I have no idea of the date but believe it to be early 1950ies .believe the photo was taken around the Glenelg area of Guysbrough Co .
Art Font Rectangle Painting Working animal

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Interesting. My Grandparents owned a farm in Denver, just down the road. Lots of deer taken from that area back in the day. I spent most of my tweens and early teens on that farm in the summers. Love that country

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Interesting. My Grandparents owned a farm in Denver, just down the road. Lots of deer taken from that area back in the day. I spent most of my tweens and early teens on that farm in the summers. Love that country
Kool what would there last name be .

·
Administrator
10,924 Posts
Look at all them scopes on them big magnum rifles !!!

Great pic Lloyd !!! Makes your mind go back a ways to the much simpler times !!

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
great pic to have there, Lloyd.
Occassionally, I come across an old rusty can, by a seep or brook, in the woods - like to dream its from back in those days when they took a break from the hunt and "boiled the tea".

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Look at all them scopes on them big magnum rifles !!!

Great pic Lloyd !!! Makes your mind go back a ways to the much simpler times !!
And lever actions too :p .

·
GREYBEARD
3,221 Posts
Great picture, makes me think of my relatives who live in the Eastern shore/East Quoddy area.

·
Registered
1,043 Posts
Rembolt I sent you a pm
My grandfather had an old savage 99 with an octagon barrel hanging on the gun rack that was on the wall in the kitchen of the old farm house and of course the box of ammo was kept just below, in a drawer.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts