Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
334 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I thought I would give a little update on our 10 month old chessie. My fiancé and I have been working daily with her with the exception of our travel to NS and even at that there was some running and fun training time. When we first got her we contemplated a retrieving club to train her but with the pandemic and the clubs being in excess of 6 hours we decided to put a lot of hours in. My fiancé has done phenomenal with her around basic commands in addition to the exercise and extra time with her when I got home has proved to be working. We are by no means professionals but it makes me wonder what a professional trainer could do with her!
She is intense and loves to please. She knows her basic commands orally and by sign. She will retrieve bumpers all day and loves retrieving the dummy duck in the water. She has recently been introduced to salt water and she is a beast lol. We have also gradually introduced her to gun fire and she is not gun shy. My 12 gauge blasting doesn’t fizz her, she is ready to go at the sound.
Here is a pic of when we got her at 8 weeks and her now at 10 months. She is a wonderful addition to our family, very loving and eager to please.

My fiancé has been exploring with tiltok and has made several short videos of her training sessions and other cute things that she does lol. The first pic is the address of the site but I have no idea where to go to get there lol…not up to par with tiktok lol.

·
Registered
2,109 Posts
Great looking dog
Keep it fun and youll do well. Youre being trained as well so pay attention

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
Thanks on the update , I truly miss my chocolate Lab who passed at age 6 due to cancer , was great retriever and flusher in the field from woodcock to grouse to ducks , mostly waterfowl . Once you hunt with a K9 it stays with you no matter what .

1 - 4 of 4 Posts