Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Riddle me this Batman.
30 06 180 gr. Soft point REM Core Lokt at Cantire for 42.99 .same ammo at Bass Prp/ Cabala’s for 59.99.

·
Registered
1,076 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
or they are from two different shipments months apart and the high one reflects the new price
Notice I didnot say years :(
I specifically asked personal at Can.tire in New Minas yesterday and they said when the new stuff arrives and gets put on the shelf, it will be the same price. Well, that remains to be proven. However, the Can .tire price holds true in Bridgewater today as they have the above ammo in stock.

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
I agree with you I don't think anyone right now has a clue where ammo will be in even 6 months other than up again
It has gone crazy IMHO
take care

·
Registered
3,797 Posts
Manager here at local Canadian Tire has stated and shown me that all " NEW " Ammo coming in will be price adjusted by 8-13% from shelf prices listed , old stock will be sold off at regular listed shelf price , once sold price adjustment goes in b4 ANY Ammo goes back for that Sku .

Example Remington PMC 22-250 50 Round box was $72 plus tax is now $85 plus tax, ( as listed on the shelf ) but he also stated that 8-13% did not include the price hike from back in the spring . So Ammo basically is gone up by 15-25% due to 2 increases they endured with Zero stock to even sell .

I seen Federal American Eagle 22-250 (50 count ) was $99 plus tax is now $108 plus tax for new stock .

it's going to get worse , Federal 12 Gauge Blue box #2 steel was $26 a box plus tax now it's $39 plus tax !

Supply , Demand , low shipments and everything else has driven prices up on every bit of Ammo trickling in , some places have NO issue getting it while others get the scraps ,IMHO I believe some places are holding stock back or low ordering to justify huge price increases .

·
Registered
2,569 Posts
The gun dealer was selling challenger target loads 12 ga or 20 ga flats today at nova sporting clay for $110 taxes in . pre s*it show that same flat of ammo was $ 75 taxes in . great event today with a packed house of shooters . tip of the hat to my buddy Kevin who top my 74 score today with an 82 and showed me how it was done at the last station with a clean run of 8 targets , you were crushing them bud (y) .

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
The gun dealer was selling challenger target loads 12 ga or 20 ga flats today at nova sporting clay for $110 taxes in . pre s*it show that same flat of ammo was $ 75 taxes in . great event today with a packed house of shooters . tip of the hat to my buddy Kevin who top my 74 score today with an 82 and showed me how it was done at the last station with a clean run of 8 targets , you were crushing them bud (y) .
Cannot believe he beat you with of all things a lowly winchester x3 semi :p

·
Registered
586 Posts
Sounds to me like you were both doing pretty darn good!

·
GREYBEARD
3,251 Posts
I have a box or two of Core lokt that I bought at Green Diamond a couple years ago before they closed out of guns and ammo for 21.99, prices are crazy now a days.

·
Administrator
10,989 Posts
Thanks Lloyd !...you don't have to look very far at all to see the spikes in ammo !! Every store and every website I look at. Add the DG.and shipping if you can't buy local...then see what you're paying...nutz is what it is !! So glad I reload for everything.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I am glad I stocked up on ammo a few years back. I have enough 12g … 410 … 30-06 … 308 … 30-30 … 22 and 22 mag to last me three lifetimes. Wife asks me why I need so much … I just tell her that a fella can never have enough ammo. I am always looking for more. Mcphersons in Liverpool has a good stock of ammo … at least they did the last time I was in. Kelvins in Chester Basin has a good amount in, as well. Those are my “go-to” places for ammo.

·
GREYBEARD
3,251 Posts
Glad I reload as well, and lots of components that I have to make more.

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Some weird pack rat guys have more ammo and components to make more than canadian tire sells :) Old man always said store it right and it will never go bad and will be an investment. Little did he know how right he would be in 2022

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
the way this country is heading, and the Turd funding the ukraines, if shit goes down … I would feel a lot better with a cabinet full of guns and ammo, than hockey sticks. Putin said he would retaliate against those countries that fund the Biden war. I doubt that will ever happen … but my grandkids will never have to worry about ammo for hunting.

·
Registered
823 Posts
the way this country is heading, and the Turd funding the ukraines, if shit goes down … I would feel a lot better with a cabinet full of guns and ammo, than hockey sticks. Putin said he would retaliate against those countries that fund the Biden war. I doubt that will ever happen … but my grandkids will never have to worry about ammo for hunting.
Theres no more heading that way were there and me i got no problem helping out Ukraine as long as our military cupboards get refilled but apparently that ain't happening to quickly.Other than nukes i don't think Putnin can retalitate against anyone right now one of the supposedly best armies in the world got chewed up pretty good by an inferior force (allegedly).The theory goin around coffee shops now is if Trump gets back in will he do what his bum buddy Putin did an attack his neighbour using false flags and right turn into Canada for our natural resources.The ques is what the far left and right arseholes do lol would they sign up to pledge allegiance to trump or would they stand up for Canada like the ukraines did for their country.Now thats something to think about eh buck.....

·
Registered
7,291 Posts
Theres no more heading that way were there and me i got no problem helping out Ukraine as long as our military cupboards get refilled but apparently that ain't happening to quickly.Other than nukes i don't think Putnin can retalitate against anyone right now one of the supposedly best armies in the world got chewed up pretty good by an inferior force (allegedly).The theory goin around coffee shops now is if Trump gets back in will he do what his bum buddy Putin did an attack his neighbour using false flags and right turn into Canada for our natural resources.The ques is what the far left and right arseholes do lol would they sign up to pledge allegiance to trump or would they stand up for Canada like the ukraines did for their country.Now thats something to think about eh buck.....
US invading and taking over Canada might be a good thing give us a second amendment!!! Get all our guns back. The way things are going we need BIG BIG change- ffs I spoken with good ol Canadians and in the past month had bout a dozen saying they think communism would be a good thing!!! Wouldn’t take much just wait til this fall our armed forces will all be wearing skirts and carrying a purse! Man this country is going to hell in a hand basket real quick.

·
Registered
823 Posts
US invading and taking over Canada might be a good thing give us a second amendment!!! Get all our guns back. The way things are going we need BIG BIG change- ffs I spoken with good ol Canadians and in the past month had bout a dozen saying they think communism would be a good thing!!! Wouldn’t take much just wait til this fall our armed forces will all be wearing skirts and carrying a purse! Man this country is going to hell in a hand basket real quick.
Now that the religious far right are starting to come to the head of the pack in republican party and are helpin the US take a step back in time with womens rights how long before civil unrest takes over again if trump gets back in.Thats not the big change i'd be hopin for and if thats were things are goin down there the 2nd amendment is goin to have to high a price.
Communuism lol if they had an idea what it really is they probally would start lookin for work pretty quick lol...Before they are forced to work cause theres no free rides in communism ask a russian...

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
Unfortunately… Ukraine is fighting Biden’s war, and using their soldiers. Biden has given them 6 billion dollars to help fight the Russians. The turd is up to 2 billion. This is just 2 countries. Can you imagine how much money and weaponry Ukraine is getting From the rest of the world ?? If Trump would get re-elected …which will never happen, IMO … that fighting would cease. Putin is fighting Biden, and poor Ukraine is the scapegoat. If Putin would have invaded the US … shit would have been a whole lot different. Now that Biden took out that Al Qaeda guy … he has to be looking over his other shoulder.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts