Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Lunenburg Rod and \gun Club will be hosting it's annual clay target challenge this Sunday , 25 skeet , 25 trap and 25 sporting clays , come out and have fun busting clays ! for more info go to www.rodandgunclub.ca .

·
Administrator
10,106 Posts
Anyone who has NEVER tried their hands at any of these shotgun sports...Sporting Clays, Trap or Skeet should really make the journey to Lunenburg on Sunday !!I There IS a BIG difference in the three disciplines. Each one is a blast.

LRGC is a Great place to shoot, great club, awesome members...they're always willing to give you a few tips and pointers to make your day even better !!

I love shooting there, it's always a fun time :wub:

Mike, I was really hoping for high winds on Sunday..so I could shoot this event...instead of hauling traps...LOL

If you guys move this one to June, Mike....I'll be IN like FLYNN :D :D

·
Registered
6,442 Posts
Always wanted to try this but never found the time,same for duck hunting lol.
Got a Bps in 12 ga that l never used lol.
Can l use steel shot with it?Purchased in the 80's.
Can you use lead shot at these events?Still have some,should l dispose of it and buy steel shot?
Being retired maybe l can find some time but probably couldn't hit a clay or a duck anyway!

·
Administrator
10,106 Posts
Trip D...Lead shot only....# 7 1/2 or # 8 is the preferred loads everyone is using.

For most people (( NOT ALL )) but most....pumps actions are slower. It's because you require a little more time to cycle the action and get back on target for your second shot, but only for the true pairs(two targets thrown at once). The report pairs and singles are all good !

I shoot with a guy sometimes that consistently gets in the 50's and 60's out of 75 with his old pump gun....lol

semi's and O/U's are the guns of choice for the shooting sports.

·
Registered
376 Posts
I have only ever tried the sporting clays, I love it and will make a lot more time for it this year> last year tried it on a whim

·
Administrator
10,106 Posts
Skeet and Trap are a whooooole new game...lol

They're still fun, cuzz something goes "BANG" too !!

·
Registered
756 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for covering the questions Kevin , I got a bit busy ... :wacko: great day about 40 people and the weather was awesome , ran into troubles with the trap machine and 2 squads had to do another sporting clays round in it's place but everyone had fun and a quite a few people took home some neat prizes . Next up Nova Sporting on the 22 and Kentville's Nova Series match on the 23rd , man I love shotgunnin in the spring ! :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts