Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 29 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Spoke with a fella who's part of two local wildlife groups and is furious they allowed 75 tags for each of 111 & 112 , said straight out its a bad idea and DNR is only after the revenue , he stated simply one bad winter and we are back to the early 90 's #'s on the population , Crust I said WTF rock you living under 20 yrs since last Anterless tags issued in Cape Breton , I clearly said what " Maybe it make guys like you be honest for once when register your deer online " and it's not a 3 deer limit , I just allows you to shoot one with either your general or bow/muzzie tag , " you always get two some how , must be bucks only where you hunt , but yet I never see a picture of these big monsters you harvest every yr , but you always got meat on tbe table yr round .

I've put my name in for one , I know every yr there is at least one or two big dry does kicking around that maybe should be taken out . Not saying it's a good thing but need start somewhere . Ratio is clearly not right

·
Registered
6,480 Posts

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
I can’t speak for zone 103 … but I hunt exclusively in zone 102. Lots of deer, no question, but most are in towns or rural residential areas, and are unshootable (legally). Shotgun with buckshot would be the answer, but not too many hunt with that anymore. My guess … A LOT of deer are shot every year inside the 402m boundary of a dwelling.

·
Registered
1,061 Posts
Just got an email saying the doe tags would be late coming in the mail . Said for bow hunters who got a doe tag to just hunt and if they got a doe cut out the "V" in the spot where the tag would go .

·
Registered
2,416 Posts
This is the email effected bow hunters are receiving . bow season opens sept 13 tomorrow .

Dear Hunter,

This years deer season for bow hunting starts on September 13, 2021 and unfortunately there is an unexpected delay in the mailout of Antlerless Deer Hunting Stamps, and some winning bow hunters may not receive their Antlerless Deer Hunting Stamps in time for the beginning of bow hunting.

Please note that NS Conservation Officer Service is aware of this issue and have been provided with a list of 2021 Antlerless Deer Hunting Stamp winners.

If you are one of the bow hunters that are impacted by the delayed mailout, please note that you can still hunt at the beginning of the bow season and to identify yourself to any officer requesting licence information.

Please note that immediately upon harvest of an antlerless deer in the zone specified, you are required to:

1. Cut out the tag from the Deer Hunting Licence under which you harvested the deer,
2. Cut out the date and month notches on the licence, and
3. Cut out the notch in the bottom of the Antlerless Deer hunting Stamp area of the licence card (see image)

4. When you do receive your Antlerless Deer Hunting Stamp in the mail, immediately attach it to the same notched licence card and clearly cut out the overlapped notched area of the affixed stamp.

Apologies for this inconvenience. If you have any questions please contact the department at [email protected]

Erin Bremner
Licensing & Client Services Coordinator, Wildlife Division
Nova Scotia Department of Lands & Forestry
_
y 136 Exhibition Street, 3rd Floor, Kentville, NS B4N 4E5
☎ 902 679 - 4366
[email protected]

"Study nature, love nature, stay close to nature. It will never fail you." - Frank Lloyd Wright

·
Registered
127 Posts
Wow, that's well organized. So, if bowhunting is tomorrow, muzzleloader must be on the 27th? Hopefully I can get out before they book me for surgery......

·
Registered
14,565 Posts
Wow, that's well organized. So, if bowhunting is tomorrow, muzzleloader must be on the 27th? Hopefully I can get out before they book me for surgery......
Christ if like around here now you can get a few full seasons in :(
My bud has a huge lump in his jewels. Once they determined it is not cancer he is months now getting cancelled and cancelled can hardly walk now
Cheers

21 - 29 of 29 Posts