Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
21 - 40 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Will never know will we. I have harvested a couple over 400 from this site and seen a Tcam some way bigger than those.

. 621 pics yesterday from 915 am.

Bears showed up at noon and left at 723 am. Only 2 the one with a chevron and the smaller one.

I did have a doe on Tcam where the sow and cub was yesterday

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Good idea for the **** issue but they are not stupid. Before long he will have pics of the ***** climbing the tree and climbing down to the barrel to eat

. As I see it now . Not going to require a bear snare permit this season. All my bears are under 150 lbs . I sometime feel bad and wish I could release the smaller bears so they can get larger for next year. Guess that's the idea to hunt them and let the small ones pass.

·
Registered
13,663 Posts
His bate is cool also. Factory seconds raspberry pomegranate grain/granola bars. Man I would eat that :)

R2eC0tz.jpg

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Seems to be a lot of work for that site baiting. Needs 2 tool boxes and a cooler for his Keiths beer

·
Registered
254 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Out of boredom during the lockdown I hung up a roadkill beaver and some flounder racks to see what would show up at my bear site. Haven#t had any large bears so far but I have had a assortment of animals. A small bear,a mink, a fox a coyote, some raccoons and a few turkey buzzards. Surprised that no larger bears showed up around the beaver

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
I put out some popcorn last week . Only one bear around so far. about 200 lbs. shoulders as tall as a 45 gallon drum.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
DD that's not a mink its a fishers at your site.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
I wish I had time to bait, keep posting pics guys I will live vicariously through you and your efforts.

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
I'd say fisher for sure...body and Tail looks wayyyy too big for a mink

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
First year in 10 years that we are not over run with bears . Popcorn out for 2 weeks and only 2 bears Just once each. No one even pulled the logs out to get the bait.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
First year in 10 years that we are not over run with bears . Popcorn out for 2 weeks and only 2 bears Just once each. No one even pulled the logs out to get the bait.
Must be some good greenery in the woods.

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
All the outfitters say in the springtime..put out the protein in the early baiting pre-season for the big boars.

·
Administrator
9,928 Posts
guess we'll never know or have the need to bait for a spring hunt (n)🙁

·
Registered
2,106 Posts
Ive been thinking about starting one up but i think ill wait a few weeks yet. I know of 3 others that are baiting already and only pulling a few in. Raspberry are almost ripe now, been picking a few every day.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
Could be a bad year here for bears . I have had bait out since June and only 2 bears. Walked around barrel twice and never even stopped for some popcorn. . Last year this time I had on average 5 bears most days. To top things off a washed 4 SD card in the washer yesterday. . Hoping:eek: fingers crossed they will work.

21 - 40 of 41 Posts