Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 55 Posts

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Yep I am shocked. Thought I was real stupid keeping two maybe not now. Be interesting to see the total list and if this is an indication be few not turning banned guns in with a Swiss Arms SG550 could net an owner $6,209.
But the liberals are stupid and no one will hand them in NOT

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 · (Edited)
Nice for you, not so nice for many others.
Can't see how it isn't unless they gold plated them. Way better than the old grandfathering which I assumed it would be
in US dollars
AN AR 15 rifle is currently worth an average price of $686.15 new and $412.55 used . The 12 month average price is $662.19 new and $380.69 used.

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Can't see how it isn't unless they gold plated them. Way better than the old grandfathering which I assumed it would be
in US dollars
AN AR 15 rifle is currently worth an average price of $686.15 new and $412.55 used . The 12 month average price is $662.19 new and $380.69 used.
Yeah for cheap end AR's maybe for an S&W Sport II or something. A lot of guys have a lot of money into them with accessories, after market parts etc. What's the price of a Daniel Defense AR just off the shelf? How much is a SIG MCX?

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah for cheap end AR's maybe for an S&W Sport II or something. A lot of guys have a lot of money into them with accessories, after market parts etc. What's the price of a Daniel Defense AR just off the shelf? How much is a SIG MCX?
Have no idea mine are just the average Joe's gun and I was not into them and paid like 1000 for them each
Regardless better than rebar and grandfathering IMO since they don't have to legally give anything and I for one am shocked they are
Take care

·
Registered
1,936 Posts
Have no idea mine are just the average Joe's gun and I was not into them and paid like 1000 for them each
Regardless better than rebar and grandfathering IMO since they don't have to legally give anything and I for one am shocked they are
Take care
Well you are lucky then. I am sure many are waiting for more details, and how it will all play out.

·
Administrator
10,989 Posts
Liberals will probably issue a T4 for the buybacks...class it as income..lol

·
Registered
882 Posts
I'd say the $1300 wouldn't cover retail for about 50% of the AR's out there. Most guys I know are using guns that were $1500-$2500 on average with many who paid more than that. I have one co worker who spent $2800 building his to have it prohibited the day after he finished assembly. He never got to fire a shot.
US AR prices mean nothing. Anything black rifle imported into Canada has insane mark ups. Prices are usually almost double. The average price 3macs posted for the US wouldn't even by you a Norinco AR just before the ban let alone something decent.

·
Registered
17,024 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 · (Edited)
I'd say the $1300 wouldn't cover retail for about 50% of the AR's out there. Most guys I know are using guns that were $1500-$2500 on average with many who paid more than that. I have one co worker who spent $2800 building his to have it prohibited the day after he finished assembly. He never got to fire a shot.
US AR prices mean nothing. Anything black rifle imported into Canada has insane mark ups. Prices are usually almost double. The average price 3macs posted for the US wouldn't even by you a Norinco AR just before the ban let alone something decent.
What you are missing here is they don't have to give one penny for them. They have NEVER given any money in the past for banned guns and most gun owners I know that have had banned guns in the past are shocked to see anything offered
SO some money is better than nothing. Plus they are all now used guns NIB or not so new retail pricing means nothing nor does it matter how one altered one from factory even if they spent 10,000 on it
They have to look at the average used

Also so far no talk of grandfathering them so what choice does one have especially those that they know have them. You can also bet the farm there will be a timeframe to get this cash and after that ZERO

Cheers

·
Registered
586 Posts
If people think that this has nothing to do with Biden, they're totally oblivious to what's actually going on.
Oh I think it does if course. The US is trying to stop Russia before they really get rolling. This should have happened back in 2014 when they went into Crimea. Thank God Trump didn't win or Ukraine would already be part of Russia again!!!!
Russia has to be stopped NOW or else we are all screwed. Look what happened when Germany got away with its first moves back in the late 1930s. Same situation here.

·
Registered
3,253 Posts
I really don't think Russia would be invading if Trump was still in power. They would wait until the Dems were running the show. .... as they are now. I remember Russia attacking Ukraine when Obama was president ... bit I don't remember him doing anything while Trump was in power. Maybe he was ... but the news wasn't covering it.

1 - 20 of 55 Posts