Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
61 - 67 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I had a ‘13 Ram 3500 Longhorn. I had it for 5 years and I think it had 62,000 km on it when I traded. It was in the garage more than it wasn’t. Recall after recall. Also had Brake issues with that. Had to replace a $1700 sensor that wasn’t covered under warranty. They pulled some strings and got it covered for me. The ”check engine light” was on a lot of the time. Traded for the ‘18 F150 and so far … other than the brakes … zero issues. (Except for the chrome peeling off the running boards, and were replaced 2 weeks ago). There are lemons in every brand of vehicle. I loved my Ram, despite the crap that went on. Wouldn’t hesitate to buy another … if I can ever afford another one. In 2013, I orderd my Longhorn. At the time … it was the most expensive truck they ever ordered. Price tag of $82,000. That same truck is over $100,000 now. The Limited’s are more yet. Half tons are now 82K. Crazy crazy.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #62 ·
I've been looking hard at reviews and tests on the new Tundra. It seems to be having way too many problems for a Toyota imho. I would wait til the new platform is out for at least 3 model years before I'd consider one. Leaning hard toward a Tacoma next year.
Nomad Which model of Tacoma are you considering. 4 door? I like the 3.5 power plant and the Off Road .

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Nomad Which model of Tacoma are you considering. 4 door? I like the 3.5 power plant and the Off Road .
Leaning toward a 4 door 6ft box. Haven't ruled out extended cab though.

·
Registered
1,018 Posts
Discussion Starter · #64 ·
Is the 6 foot box the largest? I like the 4 door especially when you can fold down the seats. Makes room for groceries or hunting / fishing gear you may want to lock up. Easy in and out as well.

·
Registered
5,565 Posts
Is the 6 foot box the largest? I like the 4 door especially when you can fold down the seats. Makes room for groceries or hunting / fishing gear you may want to lock up. Easy in and out as well.
I believe 6ft is the longest but don't quote me on that.

·
Registered
7,097 Posts
Two door Tacoma access cab has 8 ft box.
Mine has 80,000 on it brakes haven’t needed to be done yet, nothing has been done except oil changes. Last Tacoma had 170k when I traded it the fronts brakes were done but not the rear. Never spent any money on it except for tires and that brake job! Camry has 184k on it front brakes done twice rear once just had new exhaust from manifold to muffler done other then that just tires and oil changes and wiper blades. I’ll stick with Toyota!

Reactions: Tyson10gauge
61 - 67 of 67 Posts