Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
540 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just to remind every one that its that time of the year again , The Atlantic Outdoor Sports & Rv Show at Exhibition park in Halifax this weekend march 6-8th , ...... start saving your pocket change...... :D

·
Registered
3,395 Posts
Would like to make the trip Saturaday so we ll see how it goes!

·
Administrator
10,106 Posts
Got a set of antlers, and you want to know what they score....bring em in...(this will give you free admission to the RV show as an exhibitor )
come on over to our booth..pay your entry fee of 8.00...and you'll be entered in for some NICE prizes....maybe even some bragging rights !!

Looking forward to seeing some old friends again...and making some new ones ! Me and my gang will be working at the Big Game Society booth all weekend.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Got a set of antlers, and you want to know what they score....bring em in...(this will give you free admission to the RV show as an exhibitor )come on over to our booth..pay your entry fee of 8.00...and you'll be entered in for some NICE prizes....maybe even some bragging rights !!Looking forward to seeing some old friends again...and making some new ones ! Me and my gang will be working at the Big Game Society booth all weekend.
Very nice.

·
Registered
4,336 Posts
Trappers association will be selling tickets on a guided nf moose hunt.

The booth display is a cumulation of previous years habitat fund applications.

·
Administrator
10,106 Posts
I always look forward to getting ALL my tickets every year at the RV Show....and my 5 bags of beef jerky from Danny @ LEQUILLES...mmmmmm
Once again, I'm gonna win the new rifle....the boat and motor, a new crossbow and a moose hunting trip to the granite planet ;) ;)

OH YEAH. :blink:..I almost forgot. :eek:..the new Jeep from the Shriners :p :p

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
might have to take thr trip over sat and get the jeep away from kevin

ill bring the rack i got too just so i can torment him lol

·
Administrator
10,106 Posts
Tim...is that the one you told me you traded for a case of beer ? :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Gone Fishing!
1,857 Posts
Just to remind every one that its that time of the year again , The Atlantic Outdoor Sports & Rv Show at Exhibition park in Halifax this weekend march 6-8th , ...... start saving your pocket change...... :D
Yes....
Collect / gather up those toonies and loonies and head out to the RV Show this weekend.

The Nova Scotia Association of Crossbow Hunters will be once again raffling off a Crossbow.
This year we have a Grizzly - by Excalibur.

http://www.excaliburcrossbow.com/catalog/crossbow/grizzly

Tickets will be $2 each, or 3 for $5.
The draw will take place right after the RV Show - March 8 @ 5PM!

Lots of other associations in attendance this year, on top of the NSACH so buy some tickets as most rely on these types of events to fund their club activities.

·
Registered
91 Posts
I'll be heading in Friday after work with the moose horns from the cape Breton hunt this past year. Pretty anxious to see how they score, not too anxious to get them in and out of the car again tho lol

·
Registered
537 Posts
Going Friday night, Plan on leaving with less in my wallet and more in my arms! Haha

·
Gone Fishing!
1,857 Posts
The Outdoor Sports and RV Show has been another huge success for the Crossbow Association. Thanks to those who popped by to buy a few tickets on the Grizzly Crossbow we will be raffling off later today.

The show is over (5 PM) at the end of the day today so if you haven't been in yet, better get to it!

Anyone see the Carhartt Dog Beds at the show?

·
Registered
91 Posts
Bought lots of tickets but found the mark up on items I was interested in too high for me.

Moose horns scored great, even though I was hoping for more lol, and I placed first for the moose category which I was very pleased with. Didn't seem to be as many trophies there as previous so that puts the pressure on for next year as I love looking at all the ns big bucks!!

·
Administrator
10,106 Posts
Another show done. It wasn't too, too bad. parking lots were atrocious..and unavailable!! Too bad the NFLD Sportsman booth wasn't there, I got used to buy my subscription from them for the past few years, at only 10.00 a pop. Grabbed a few Christmas trinkets for the sister out in Leduc, Alta....there's only like 280 shopping days left.. :rolleyes:

Congrats on the no.1 moose BB152 !! He was a beauty all right...btw....your absolutely right about the "good deals". They were real scarce in my wanderings too ! Got to see a few more old friends this weekend...Blake (aka bowhunter) my old pal Rembolt, Heavy weight's hunting buddy...btw Al...his hair is white all right...but his curls were gone!... :p :p..he also mentioned you didn't look the same as your picture in that first record book either...lmao :lol: :lol:

heh...heh...I gotta share this one...I almost had heart failure right at closing time....a buddy of mine dropped by and said he heard my name over the PA system ...I was one of the names picked for one of the draws !!!!!!!....WHAT ??...you're just messin with me right ?...NO SIR...he said, " honest to gawwd !!!

..Well sir....visions of 4 wheelers...side by sides, new rifles, shotguns, MOOSE HUNTING TRIPS, Salmon fishing trips. Crossbows, baskets of outdoors related goodies, boats and motors, even a 1000 dollar grocery cart was wizzing through my head !!

...I had to check it out....the lil wifey was almost as giddy as me as well.

We went over to the office, told them what we were there for ..........they just left with the list of draw winners to photo copy them.

The'd be right back :(~~~~sighhhh~~~~ :( OK...we'll have ta wait.

One girl says whats your name...I told her...she said with excitement I remember your name...I CALLED IT OUT !!.....I thought yessssssss...she's excited...it's gotta be good....we waited a bit longer...my mind working overtime now...a new rifle...no...it's the quad......un-uh...it HAS to be the side by side.....she handed me the paper with the names on it...there I was..at the top.....YAHOO !!!!!!!!!!!...I thought...top of page...top of list....TOP PRIZE.....we"re in like Flynn !!

...slowly I read the winning ballot

...there it was :eek:

...SOOOOOOOO...

.., now,

I can't wait for scotia speed world to open up so we can enjoy our free family pass :blink: :blink:

·
Registered
3,272 Posts
haha! I have some buy one get one free admission cupons if you want them to take some friends with ya. lol

Kev, I stopped by to see you this morning, but you must have been wandering.

·
Administrator
10,106 Posts
That's too bad Markus....would have liked to see you for a bit. ..we usually start at noon, stay till closing , but.. we get there before hand and do a little roaming for ourselves. ;) ;)

·
Registered
64 Posts
Great show as always , I was able to get a trophy shot by my uncle back in the 90's entered into the books and dad got his mug shot for the new book taken.

·
Registered
1,841 Posts
Trappers association will be selling tickets on a guided nf moose hunt.

The booth display is a cumulation of previous years habitat fund applications.
Hey Trapper Gary - will you be drawing my name tomorrow morning or afternoon? I have 10 tickets with my name on them and won't be far from my cell phone. :D :D :D. And I'm sighting the rifles and smoke pole in at the range next Thursday so I'm good to go.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts