Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Well, with less than two weeks left in rifle season, I'm looking for some help.
The two places I've been hunting are no longer available (1) or active (1).
So, with time growing short, does anyone have a place close to HRM that they are willing to share this year? In my little circle of people, we have 4 tags left to fill. I'm actively searching for new places but it's not going to be easy with other people already tucked into many of the obvious spots.
Any help appreciated. Not looking for a trophy, just want to fill the freezer.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, someone has to get the trophy, and I wouldn't mind, if I weren't trying to feed the family. In fact, one of the 4 tags I wouldn't mind if he got skunked cause he doesn't need it to fill the freezer, but the other three, we've got mouths to feed and aren't the rich guys.

Registered
Go out 102 take exit 10 turn left watch for community of Urbainia ; you will go through back of Shubie then Rhines creek then admiral rock then Urbainia ( maybe 10 minutes ) big dirt road on the left goes for miles lots of off shoots. Take compass.

Registered
Fire road ????? It鈥檚 a Scott paper road was a sign Urbainia Rd not sure if sign is still there. Hunting ok except not close to where they are cutting. Only big dirt rd on your left if you follow my directions to Urbainia,goes for miles.

Registered
I trust 3D's suggestions.....If I don't shoot anything this weekend I just might run into you out there next week Statik LOL
Lol- shot my buck in the spot I told you to go to a couple yrs ago!

Reactions: WoodsMaster

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh, I trust him. I was just looking on my GPS, that's all. There are a couple 'roads' that head to the left and many go through/by crown land. I'll probably take a drive out there tomorrow afternoon and scope out some places I could try Saturday morning.

Registered
If you follow my directions there is only one big dirt road on your left in Urbainia. The road goes through to Georgefield if you know the way. You will have to do some scouting.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts