Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
724 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/conservation-officers-on-vancouver-island-save-deer-shot-in-the-head-with-crossbow-1.4152732

Hopefully the person responsible is ID'ed and charged. No excuse for shooting a visibly pregnant doe in the face with a crossbow, out of season, and in a residential area. Although I'm surprised we don't hear more about it with the growing urban deer problem in many communities across N.A. There was a deer running around the Glenwood Dr area of Truro last year with an arrow sticking out of its side being seen for a while. Never heard what became of it?

· Registered
5,318 Posts
http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/conservation-officers-on-vancouver-island-save-deer-shot-in-the-head-with-crossbow-1.4152732

Hopefully the person responsible is ID'ed and charged. No excuse for shooting a visibly pregnant doe in the face with a crossbow, out of season, and in a residential area. Although I'm surprised we don't hear more about it with the growing urban deer problem in many communities across N.A. There was a deer running around the Glenwood Dr area of Truro last year with an arrow sticking out of its side being seen for a while. Never heard what became of it?
I had one last year on the property, 6pt arrow sticking out both sides just below the back. Seen it once on the trail cam before hunting, not again. With our disappearing woodland and deer in subdivisions, golf courses, hunters are going to great lengths to snag them. These folks should have everything taken from them in my opinion. In my area nothing but hunters fighting with residents to hunt in areas that are in town limits, or hunters fighting amongst themselves trying to get first access. I would say 80% of the hunting with bows and rifles is around populated areas here, none of it legal in my opinion. The mountains have nothing left standing as big forestry companies cut all winter, she will only get worse.

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Never gonna end,people have been shooting them here as long as I remember.Yes in the city,Hemlock Ravine Park,and with GUNS !

There we're times when I thought about shooting the buggars in my back yard while they were eating my roses and phlox,but I decided it wasn't worth it.We now use motion activated sprinklers to keep them out of the yard in the spring and summer.

· Registered
7,795 Posts
With the deer population increasing in urban areas,maybe it's time Nova Scotia looked into allowing specific types of hunting (ie bow),within the city/town limits.Lots of places where this could be carried out safely.Could the set backs for discharging a weapon be adjusted for this?

· Registered
3,669 Posts
Not the first time I have seen something like that.

The idiots that think they will just take their bows and make a head shot instant kill is ridiculous.

It is amazing the ways guys will tell me I can poach the deer in my backyard. Some poachers are different animals, they think I am wrong for not taking some!

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Not the first time I have seen something like that.
The idiots that think they will just take their bows and make a head shot instant kill is ridiculous.
It is amazing the ways guys will tell me I can poach the deer in my backyard. Some poachers are different animals, they think I am wrong for not taking some!
Know what ya mean bud,lots of people tell me I could shoot the deer in my back yard and get away with it.Some even volunteered to come do it! Many think I'm nuts for driving an hour to go hunt.There are lots of places I could take deer illegally and get away with it,but I don't,unfortunately many do,looks bad on us all.

· Registered
7,795 Posts
This is just for linnie,nobody else read this!
linnie- this fall if you let me use your swing set the first week of rifle,I'll let you use my back deck blind during the rut- don't tell nobody else tho!

· Registered
856 Posts
You'll have to get in line, TripleD - I'm hearing there's a long list of hunters renting out that swing set this year.
is that an all inclusive guided hunt ?

· Registered
7,795 Posts
You'll have to get in line, TripleD - I'm hearing there's a long list of hunters renting out that swing set this year.
Yeah but how many others are offering a prime location during the rut as a fair trade- hey linnie- breakfast,lunch and supper included Plus beer after supper!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.