Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just curious if anyone has ever hunted blind site 8 or 9 at Belleisle? I have only hunted the marsh opening weekend once before and we were in the smaller pond with blind site 1, and 2. We were lucky enough to get drawn this year in the lottery but in the pond of 5,6,7,8,9.

It seems like there are some decent pockets of open water in front of both blind 8 and 9, but the day I scouted it seemed like all the ducks were at the opposite end of the pond. It could have also just been the day/time I was scouting, but I am curious if anyone has any experience with the blinds toward the end of the pond closest to the river (blinds 8 and 9)?

·
Registered
163 Posts
I have hunted blind 8 & 9. Couple advantages to those blinds. they are the first ones that birds see as they come off the river heading up river and inland. If they are coming down river from high altitude they usually spin the pond and drop low in front of 8 & 9.

There will be plenty of birds flying around. Your success will depend on how nice your neighbors are. If everyone behaves and there is limited sky blasting then you usually have a decent hunt If its WWIII there then good luck. In my opinion it is only worth day 1 &2. By day 3 everything is shot off.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts