Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Good news on a Friday afternoon! Got lucky and drew one of the Bellise Marsh blinds for this year.

We are fairly new duck hunters and never been there before so we are definitely going to make a trip up to check it out in the next week or two but just looking for any advice anyone is willing to share in the mean time.

·
Registered
138 Posts
What blind did you get?

Belle Isle is a love hate thing. When its good its great , when its bad its terrible.

The biggest issue IMO is the fact that the blinds are fairly close. This is OK if your "neighbors" are well behaved. I loathe being down there and have my blind neighbors play their duck calls like a Kazoo or sky-bust like their life depends on it. I have been down there and had neighbors that were awesome - let the birds work and the hunt was amazing.

You need a boat to get to the blinds. The water is low but the bottom is super soft so you can't/shouldn't wade out there. Blinds usually need to be made from scratch. They can be a bit hard to find. Usually a wooden post with a white piece of plastic.

I have been there a few times so feel free to ask any questions you have.

There are quite a few cattails so for blinds we usually just pull our boat into the cattails and sit in it. The cattails are tall and thick enough to provide great cover. We have had a lot of success with that.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts