Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last couple days out have seen a few weasel tracks so thought it might be cool to try and tag one as I haven't before. I heard bloddy liver, but have none handy. I do have frozen smelt, was thinking the one of them in a weasel box might work, as when we were bear hunting we had a bag of mackeral hung for a stink bait and mister weasel would get in there and crunch away on the fish. Let me know what you people think and thank you.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Is there anything a bit of beaver can't fix??? LMAO

·
Registered
872 Posts
I have used beaver scrapings but most times it be gone and trap still be set, DT uses a rabbit head so I started using them and catch them every time they get to pulling on the rabbit head and fire the trap and the trap pan should be at front of the trap so I have to make some adjustment on the old boxes, I figure the weasel be safer inside the box with trap set back away from the hole but this is a mistake !
I put some of the boxes in cat cubbies where weasels are stealing the bait and use a Q tip dipped in weasel lure with rabbit head in the back. When using boxes with trap pans at front and the weasel or squirrels arel hanging out of the box make sure the are under brush cover or birds will get them. I never seen a mouse chewed weasel ! I wonder why lol

·
Registered
210 Posts
I had a weasel chewed up a week ago in side the box. The last few boxes I have made I petition the bait area off with fine wire mice was cleaning it as fast as I put it in the box it seems to work alright .

1 - 7 of 7 Posts