Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for recommendations on the best crossbow starter package that has all the bells and whistles need to hunt but wont break the bank! Looking at the Barnett Raptor FX, but i want to make sure its here by the start of the season in 2 Weeks, and is going to be enough to get me started properly

Is there any local shops which carry these or similar crossbows?

·
Registered
664 Posts
Excalibur is all you will ever need, reliable and basically indestructible. Warrantied for life. Less moving parts, less to go wrong. You can do all the work on it yourself with minimal tools if anything does go wrong, both at home or in the field. This alone is almost priceless. It can be unstrung and restrung in minutes with a very simple tool that fits in your pocket.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Has anyone tried the new this year barnett raptor fx. It has pretty damn good reviews online. Just wondering im looking at getting a new crossbow.

·
Registered
13 Posts
PSE FANG. We all know Excalibur is the best but not all of us want to drop $800 - $1,200 on our first crossbow and end up not enjoying this hunting style. I highly suggest the PSE FANG. I just bought one and love it. If I get a deer this year and enjoy crossbow hunting I will probably save this one for my son who is approaching 12 years of age and purchase an Excalibur.

Fang%20crossbow_zpstcdjl8zn.jpg

Stats%202_zpsqj2qjhbd.jpg

·
NSFAH Fundraising Coordinator
788 Posts
1 - 6 of 6 Posts