Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone grabbing any gun or hunting related items?

Wish I was up at the gun dealer I see some good prices on bulk ammo.

Cheers,

·
Registered
14,910 Posts
Cannot honestly say I have seen any good sales so far on any thing including guns or related items
Got my years supply syn oil 1/2 price yesterday for the truck and a few cases of rainx for like 8 bucks a case but that has been it so far and watching also
Cheers

·
Registered
566 Posts
Had my eye on the gun dealers website the other day and see he has a pretty good deal on the scope I've been wanting for my new rifle - Leupold VX-3HD 2.5-8x36 15% off. Just don't have the need to buy it right now.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Had my eye on the gun dealers website the other day and see he has a pretty good deal on the scope I've been wanting for my new rifle - Leupold VX-3HD 2.5-8x36 15% off. Just don't have the need to buy it right now.
Nice scope, I have found Leupold stock extremely low at all retailers, I can only expect the price to increase on them with limited supply.

·
Administrator
10,319 Posts
Spence...That old adage...ya snooze ya lose comes to mind..😁😁..so does buy once cry once...lol
I've never EVER needed a new gun eirher...but I still get em when the itch cannot be scratched 🤣🤣

·
Registered
3,334 Posts
Got my eye on a muzzle loader , not sure what one yet looking at a TC but holding still b4 i squeeze on it , after selling my bows and cross bows only to go out and pick up another cross bow pkg that was too good to pass on hard case and all, thru private sale . Fella passed off early this yr and his wife was needing a seller to liquidate his hunting gear left over from what family did not take , she gave a reasonable price and I did not argue it . He never got chance to use it .

·
Administrator
10,319 Posts
my biggest fear is when I'm gone, my wife will sell off all my guns and scopes for what I told her I paid for them !!😬😬

·
Administrator
10,319 Posts
Gun Dealer has Smokin deals on floating waterfowl gun cases..99 bucks on for 29 bucks...I picked up a new prima loft vest for my middle grandson..70% off...he has 223 Win bulk ammo...80 bucks off the 600 round case !!

·
Registered
566 Posts
Spence...That old adage...ya snooze ya lose comes to mind..😁😁..so does buy once cry once...lol
I've never EVER needed a new gun eirher...but I still get em when the itch cannot be scratched 🤣🤣
😝 I promised myself I'd wait until the spring to get my Model 70, so I know if I go buy a scope for it right now the waiting will go out the window and next thing you know I've spent $2000 a month before Christmas LOL

·
Registered
566 Posts
pre64 or post model 70 and what caliper are you looking for
Cheers
Planning on going new or as new as possible if I find a deal. I was dead set on .270 for the longest time but I think I've changed my mind and might go with .308. I think the .308 is a bit better for the hunting I do. (thicker woods, closer shots)

·
Registered
566 Posts
Both are good calibers WoodsMaster, I prefer 270/30-06 myself...I included both because I have both.
There’s a .308 and .30-06 in my cabinet now, but I don’t shoot the 06 as good as the .308. Never shot a .270 however, so the choice is solely on the fact that the .270 just seems like the perfect caliber for that rifle. But on the other hand, the .308 was invented for the Model 70 so I could go either way. Anyway, I don’t want to hijack this thread with this can of worms lol!

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
The Winchester model 70 featherweight 270win . is still on my to have and to hold list lol . just something about that rifle that speaks to me . love the 270 win as cartridge it is fast and flat with moderate recoil . gives up very little to the 30 06 if one looks at the ballistics . grant it the 30 06 has a much bigger projectile selection than the 270win .

Reactions: WoodsMaster

·
Registered
2,702 Posts
its well known that 308 hunters go after bigger deer -
if you come across a big buck track & you do the Benoit thing where you lay your cartridge next to the track - the guy with the 308 will always have the bigger track than compared to the 270 or' 06 hunters. 😁

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
No more purchases for me. In the last year i sold several dozen guns, including all my HG's. I kept my go to guns, My Vintage Mod 70, 30-06, Ruger 10/22, several shotguns, a couple 303's, another 22 that i use for trapping plus a Ruger 30-06..Might be a few others in there, I would have to look.Far as other equipment goes, nope. I have been fully equipped with what i need for many years. Am also totally stocked up on all the Ammo I will ever need..LOL. Gary the Guy with the 308 will probbly always have the Biggest Trout too. That six incher quickly becomes a 12 incher as the srory gets told, while the guy with the 30-06 will release those little ones....LOL

·
Administrator
10,319 Posts
with that logic...my old 7mm RM days has a lot of stories..bigger trout too...lmao

·
Registered
2,283 Posts
My next purchase is going to be metal roofing, seems that the high winds and heavy rain earlier this week found its way into my "play" room. 6 plus inches of water in the largest rubbermade tote, under a roof i did a year and a half ago. No time left this year for shingles so its going metal.

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
My next purchase is going to be metal roofing, seems that the high winds and heavy rain earlier this week found its way into my "play" room. 6 plus inches of water in the largest rubbermade tote, under a roof i did a year and a half ago. No time left this year for shingles so its going metal.
Went metal last year after a leak and roof needing to be replaced. I sleep well during storms, no need to worry about losing a shingle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts