Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
41 - 50 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Good to know, a couple of months ago someone on CGN tried to sell me brand new a 3.5" chamber Wingmaster barrel and when I told him it would not fit, he said he tried it on a 2-3/4" chamber Wingmaster and "it fitted perfectly", I knew he was lying, I HATE CGN. Thank you again Joe.
NP my friend sounds like buddy bought one when I did. They had like a dozen or more at the time and new for 150 bucks went in one day
However it was not until it arrived and I noticed it stamped for 3 1/2 I said F'k
They never said anything about that in the listing and most don't even know they made a 3 1/2 wingmaster so I would say we all got taken
I kept one barrel since I do have two 3 1/2 camo 870's and a NIB 3 1/2 wingmaster so it will fit them
Take care

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
NP my friend sounds like buddy bought one when I did. They had like a dozen or more at the time and new for 150 bucks went in one day
However it was not until it arrived and I noticed it stamped for 3 1/2 I said F'k
They never said anything about that in the listing and most don't even know they made a 3 1/2 wingmaster so I would say we all got taken
I kept one barrel since I do have two 3 1/2 camo 870's and a NIB 3 1/2 wingmaster so it will fit them
Take care
Below is a screenshot of the guy who contacted me on CGN a while back, I am going to block the liar:

Product Font Rectangle Material property Parallel

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
Below is a screenshot of the guy who contacted me on CGN a while back, I am going to block the liar:

View attachment 96620
I should clarify. A 3 1/2 super mag barrel would normally fit on the 870 2 3/4 just not eject a 3" or 3 1/2 shell if one happened to fire one by mistake
Yes remington will say they won't but that is because of pressure differences between mag and super mag not that it won't go on
However these 3 1/2 WINGMASTER versions I am talking about would not. Maybe with a hammer and if I was going to leave it on for life I could have got it on and what he showed there is the exact barrel they were dumping on nutz for 150
So IMO you did the right thing not buying it but a shame since they are beautiful looking barrels with real nice high gloss bluing
Cheers

·
Registered
2,152 Posts
Found a barrel on gunpost
3inch 12ga

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts
That's a bead blasted matte finish...just waiting for some nice orange peel rust to go along with it...lol

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Found a barrel on gunpost
3inch 12ga
Thank you for looking Tim. He is asking way too much as Dlask sells them for less but as Kevin mentioned they are bead blasted finish (uses on Express) and I am looking for blued (used on Wingmasters). Dlask sells them new for $170 or $190:

That's a bead blasted matte finish...just waiting for some nice orange peel rust to go along with it...lol
Sad after 2006 Remington 870 Expresses rust and jam.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Is "factory satin" the same as blued?. Thank you.
Im late to the party on this discussion, but yes I'm home from Labrador now. Had an amazing season salmon fishing!

I do both hot salts bluing and rust bluing. I can do everything from matte all the way up to high gloss. Price entirely depends on the condition of the barrel, so can't give a quote without inspecting the piece. Photos lie, so aren't generally a big help in determining condition and giving a quote.

I saw someone made a comment about vent rib barrels not being able to be blued. In almost all cases they can certainly be hot blued, as the melting point of silver solder is far above the bath temperature. The soft solder used to join fine double barrels however will possibly melt at those temperatures, leaving you with two single barrels.

Cheers all! Get out and vote!

41 - 50 of 50 Posts