Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Any else finding the darn bow harder to pull each year. :oops:. lol
May be time to turn her down a notch or 2

·
Registered
50 Posts
Lol I got the opposite feeling, I wish I could pull more poundage. I got 70lb Hoyt Pro defiant and wish I had 80lb limbs. But don’t feel like dropping 2k to upgrade the bow. Ideally I’d have 80lb limbs and lower them to 75-76lbs

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
just turned 60 yr old and had to dial it down 50lbs
I think im going to try lowering as well (next year, to late this year, everything dialed in already for the season :) )

Lol I got the opposite feeling, I wish I could pull more poundage. I got 70lb Hoyt Pro defiant and wish I had 80lb limbs. But don’t feel like dropping 2k to upgrade the bow. Ideally I’d have 80lb limbs and lower them to 75-76lbs
I shoot 70 as well, but Im getting to the point in life where it may be time to start looking after the "old parts" :)

·
Registered
7 Posts
just turned 60 yr old and had to dial it down 50lbs
I think im going to try lowering as well (next year, to late this year, everything dialed in already for the season :) )

After l dialed down too a more comfortable poundage my accuracy/consistency improved

I shoot 70 as well, but Im getting to the point in life where it may be time to start looking after the "old parts" :)

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Lol- started a few years back. My tree stands are just a board secured to tree limbs with rope so always just sitting down,no provisions to stand up. Few yrs back I found out I could no longer draw back my compound 55-70 set at 70 without excessive movement which of course scared the deer away. Tried to lessen the draw weight but the adjustment screw was seized. So I gave up the sitting game and went back to still hunting with my bow. Last year the bottom limb snapped clean in two when i tried to draw on a nice buck. So now I’ll be using a recurve 60lb draw. Been practicing somewhat but I have a shoulder problem and it hurts like hell using the bow but hopefully when the time comes my adrenaline will be pumping enough I won’t feel the pain!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts