Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

Bud Light tanking

6K views 227 replies 17 participants last post by  TonyM 
#1 ·
I wonder if people think the latest marketing venture for Bud Light is actually working ??? Bud light sales dropped by an “ASTONISHING” (not my description) 17% !!!! . The VP of marketing is on a leave of absence, and just recently, her boss, also took a leave of absence. Who in their right mind thought that stunt was gonna get more good old americans to drink more Bud light ?????

#2 ·
I find it hilarious , they take a can of water posing a beer ( CheapO stuff IMHO ) and allow some dress up social media clown that Is clearly male and Put it on a can and allow it be a spokes person for WOMEN wtaf ! Was that marketing exec think was going to happen ? Really , trying to reach out she says , to whom her long lost college girl friend !

To each their own do as they plz , but stop cramming it down throats of those who go the traditional M/F relation ship and have their own values . Them loosing money hurt their image , their brand and opened up a can of worms that can never be closed back up .

People spoke up with their wallets , now other brands that trying the same stunt are starting to claw back before they loose , I mean seriously , take a regular straight guys beer and get a q@#$# to be spokesperson .WOW !

I am far from homophobic , but keep it to themselves , don't care , don't tell me , just don't ! I don' t say why are you that way and really care less .

She got Canned and her boss got canned for hiring her , someones head had to roll for this fiasco .

#3 · (Edited)
Yep killing them their stock closed at 66.20 today:rolleyes: way over their previous 52 week high of $64.78 Tanking ??? not even remotely close Also lets clarify the 17% a one week snap shot vs the same week last year BIG deal

Sales of Bud Light in the U.S. fell 17% during the week ending April 15 compared to the same week last year, according to Robert Ottenstein, an analyst with Evercore ISI, an investment banking advisory firm in New York.
But he cautioned against drawing snap conclusions from these weekly numbers, which were reported by Beer Business Daily and other trade outlets.

“Short periods of time tend to be noisy and may not accurately reflect underlying trends,” Ottenstein wrote.

Carry on

#8 ·
Lets forget all about stock numbers for now . Why did those two head honchos take a leave of absence ??? Pretty simple question. If this latest stunt with this Dylan character, didn't have a negative impact, why did those two take a leave of absence?? You can post all you want about numbers, but this obviously had a negative impact of some sort with Anheuser-Busch.

#9 · (Edited)
I just showed you they didnot take a leave they took a mandatory leave HUGE difference so they could eliminate levels of the marketing team No idea why nor how much the dylan stuff played a role that none of us know or will ever know. Short term impact sure which is common long term not a bit
Think maybe the death treats they were getting might have had something to do with it just maybe Look at this line they stated
First, we made it clear that the safety and welfare of our employees

#10 ·
Disagreeing with a direction some of society wants to head does not make one irrationally fearful of it. Name calling those who do not 100% support certain lifestyles is bullying and I stand against all forms of bullying. 3macs1, calling those who oppose Bud's advertising transphobic is inappropriate. As is Buckmark calling you Einstein.

As for the numbers being compared, the reason they compare the same week per year is because sales generally follow a seasonal pattern. Composting subsequent weeks for gains/losses may hide marketing trends. It would be interesting to see the same two weeks in the previous years. For there to be a 17% drop over the same week last year tells us only a little. What about the difference between the week before the advertising campaign and the same week the year previous. Was it also down? Or, 3macs1's point about the stock gain on the next week means nothing without comparing the previous year as well.
Lies, damned lies, and statistics.

#11 · (Edited)
No 3macs point is no way in hell would a stock be growing for the last month to record levels after a 4 week boycott if the boycott was working Plain and simple don't need any previous years data for that and on the bullying I suggest you read from post one here then tell me there is no transphobic happening here or better the original trend on this with the same individuals posting
Cheers

#17 ·
This argument, and that's what it is, is pointless.
None of us has enough information to say with 100% accuracy that the boycott will hurt A-B Inbev in the long term. It appears to have hit Bud Lite sales in the short term but even that may not be as serious as it would appear OR even be 100% as a result of the boycott. None if us can say. No one factor operates in a vacuum, they're all interrelated to some extent.
None of us can or should rely on statements made by A-B Inbev to support our views on the subject. They will lie through their teeth to cover their real agenda when and as it suits them.
Hell, even stock price can be manipulated both short and long term (to a much lesser extent) by the company itself, short sellers, financial analysts, large shareholders or groups of smaller investors.
Two years from now it may, may, be possible to declare that this whole mess really hurt or didn't.

#18 ·
This argument, and that's what it is, is pointless.
None of us has enough information to say with 100% accuracy that the boycott will hurt A-B Inbev in the long term. It appears to have hit Bud Lite sales in the short term but even that may not be as serious as it would appear OR even be 100% as a result of the boycott. None if us can say. No one factor operates in a vacuum, they're all interrelated to some extent.
None of us can or should rely on statements made by A-B Inbev to support our views on the subject. They will lie through their teeth to cover their real agenda when and as it suits them.
Hell, even stock price can be manipulated both short and long term (to a much lesser extent) by the company itself, short sellers, financial analysts, large shareholders or groups of smaller investors.
Two years from now it may, may, be possible to declare that this whole mess really hurt or didn't.
Exactly but IMHO one year would be the min to see two as you say would be better and more accurate all I know is the stock price manipulated or not is very
positive right now and the highest in over a year and IMO would not expect that at this stage with all so called loss of sales being reported
Cheers

#24 · (Edited)
here we go taken care have to run I still watch the local NEWS :) every day :)
Keiths shocked me
Although Alexander Keith products were originally produced in the Halifax brewery only for sale in the Maritimes, they are now produced at Anheuser-Busch InBev plants across Canada and America.
The following beers are currently owned by AB InBev and SABMiller:
  • Alexander Keith’s
  • Boomerang
  • Blue Star
  • Kokanee
  • Labatt
  • Lakeport
  • Oland Export Ale
  • Schooner Lager
  • Steeler
  • Wee Willy

#25 ·
If you go back to my original post ... I was just referring to the sales of Bud Light only, that the sales of Bud Light were tanking. I drink Budweiser, Busch ... and sometime Busch Ice, but I also like Keith's, Olands, and lots of different craft beers. I will never give up drinking Busch owned beer, regardless of what they stick on the can.

#26 ·
Mannn...been a decade or mire since I had a Schooner or Kokanee ! Laying in bed at 325 (after a pee break) watching Troy Landry chasing snakes...I could drink Kokanee right now...lol

• Haha
Reactions: Buckmark
#32 ·
Did lots of letter writing on that one, through the CTF. A lot of businesses were involved as well, as they are still suffering from the Covid losses and the loss of downtown foot traffic from many working from home. At least that 6.3% escalator tax got froze for a year, anyways.
I drink Coors when I have a beer so no skin in the game either way, but the price is ridiculous on all of them!

#39 ·
I am not a fan of Coors Light. That's what my buddy drinks, but if he offers me one, I never turn it down. A free beer is a good beer. I do like Coors Banquet, though. If the price keeps going up, I'll have to invest in equipment to make my own.... or give up drinking the stuff.

#40 ·
Its actually very cheap to get into making beer. I picked up a second glass carboy a few weeks ago for $4 at a thrift store and a second bottle caper for $2 I think it was. I only have maybe $50 in what I have and can have two kits on the go and/or bittled at the same time.
An ordinary beer kit and corn sugar will run you say $30 all in. Makes roughly 60 bottles though I get fewer because I use Grolsch bottles which are larger. I use them because they have flip closures so you don't need caps. Most modern beer bottles don't work very well with crown caps. But if you can get some old stubbies or older long neck bottles they are perfect for crown caps.

You can spend a lot more on premium beer kits if you want. I've never bothered.

Takes about a month and a half or so from starting a batch to drinking the first one.

If you like hard cider, those kits are simple and turn out good too. I've read that you shouldn't keep hone brew too long but I routinely have it a year. I still have 4 bottles of the Strawberry-Pear cider I made last year this time and its great. Just make sure everything is very clean when brewing and bottling.

#42 ·
Just for chits and giggles, I was curious to see how Anhauser Busch stock was doing. I am not a financial wizard by any means, but this should explain a lot. I think their latest stunt cost them a lot of money. You can't piss off 95% of the beer drinking population, just to glorify the other 5%, and not have repercussions. Canadians seem to be more accepting of these communities, than the citizens of the US.
Rectangle Font Parallel Number Screenshot

#44 · (Edited)
Exactly and way too soon to see the true impact need a year ideally two as Tony said for that especially since they took such a huge stock increase over the last 7 months so is falling due to this boycott some for sure but how much is the true question They were in the mid 40's in Oct of 22 and no boycott then
59 is still 5 better than a year ago and far from tanking

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.