Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

C-21 Ammendments Dropped

11K views 320 replies 18 participants last post by  3macs1 
#1 ·
#7 · (Edited)
My god you and I agree that is scary Part of the plan since day one IMO what give back maybe 5% and still ban 1000's an 1000's Now nothing the CPC or any one can say since all the hunters and grand pa joes guns are fine and taken care of and all it does is divide guns owners even more old gun nutz is starting to light up with more fudd hatred
As the beaver says will be law now by the summer and pass with flying colors and no win IMHO just part of the plan but yes a good positive step to pass without the amendments
As a few members say

Nothing got Un-banned.

they just didn't add the few new last min stuff to the list

Changes nothing, really. At least to me. Handguns still can't be traded, ARs and many others still prohib.

Now FUDDs can go back to sleep their grandpa joes guns are safe.

#9 ·
All Semis were in trouble , once those amendments got put thru in the sneaky way Liberals tried the back door ban , they had plans once some went they all went .
Jagmeet is on the news trying take credit is was his party and his party alone that stopped the hunting rifle ban . His own words " The Liberals mis managed the bill from day one " but yet he was supporting the dropping of amendments cause of public out cry , plus his own a{$3_ is in trouble if a election gets called .

Trudeau admitted 2 months ago he wanted all hunting guns gone , he said straight out , " there are guns used for hunting that we are going to have to take away to keep Canadians safe " Jagmeet is on the news throwing Trudeau and Liberals under the bus and now pushing them over the cliff over the Health care crisis across the country , he stated if the Liberals don't follow thru , they will not support the Liberal Adjenda any further .

#10 ·
As much as you argued and laughed at us Joe, those Remi-semis were on that list. They fell in that category. You said it was all about interpretation … well it seems the government was “interpreting” it, the same way a lot of us were. They got a lot of backlash over that. They also got a lot of backlash over the 10,000 joule BS as well. Looks good on them … but in the end … it’s about vote buying.

#11 · (Edited)
Dream on they never were and never will be SHOW me them ON the list I ASK AGAIN not what you and OTHERS THINK was on the list A lot of us how about some that could not read the document correctly or didnot want to to help with the drama and kept pushing the chicken little mentality WELL the sky wasn't falling as I said time and time again
When I am wrong I admit it do the same
IF you think the black lash did this you have a lot to learn about the liberals and how they get what they want and where did the 10,000 joules get removed for all I missed that ( now we have to find out what they class as a long guns) So 50 cal OK now have to wait for more details on that one and others Maybe it is maybe it is not now that is interpretation
I went from laughing to shaking my head today wake up this is NO WIN just paved the road for c-21 to fly through which is all their goal was anyway
Like being said
Soooo does this mean .50's (and other big bore) are back in the wild or they have no idea what actually changed?

Anyone know?
NOPE NO IDEA at this stage

#12 ·
Perhaps those Remi semi’s were never intended to be on the list, but they certainly fell in that category… hence the amendment. A lot of perfectly legal guns are capable of 10,000 joules. You don’t go to Africa to hunt Cape Buffalo with a 30-06. Again … perhaps these weren’t meant to be banned, but they fell in the category.

#13 · (Edited)
Ya OK were not on the amendment either but that is my last comment on my semis safe in 1965 and still safe in 2023 ,The question on the 10,000 joules right now is it the entire group or only the hunting rifles that were there
NOONE knows at this stage other than how some like to think it is
That we have to wait for clarification
All we did is went back to the old 2020 list which is HUGE and the 300 pages with amendments will drop to maybe 290 BIG DEAL where it was in may of 2020
Drop it all then I am excited

#14 ·
But pierre is saying this is just smoke and mirrors and temporary Boy I sure hope there is not an election called soon or we are going to lose again
And the old liberals :(

We listened to the people and heard their concerns loud and clear, we regret the confusion that this process has caused and were committed to thoughtful and respectful conversation that is based on facts, not fear which today this decision was based on."

#15 ·
Perhaps they will amend the list again and say “any gun capable of exceeding 10,000 joules, except ….” ??? Any gun taken off the list is a win in my book. You will never see an AR15 come off that list. Political suicide for any party … regardless of how utterly foolish it is and that it makes ZERO sense. We know that, but the uneducated snowflakes don’t know that. They look at it as a “scary looking killing machine”. A legal AR15 holds 5 in the mag. My legal GSG 16 holds 22 in the mag. One could do a lot of damage with 22 .22 Stingers going down the pipe. It is paving the way for a total ban on ALL semi automatic firearms … regardless of what some may think.

#16 · (Edited)
My focus right now is to see if even one gun is removed from the initial 2020 list I would say NO
I know i will never live long enough to see a total ban nor will you and have not worried about it even for one minute since 2020 guess it was my ability to talk and understand liberal lingo:p:p

#18 ·
This was posted DECEMBER 6th 2022

IT'S A TRAP! - They sprinkled a few hunting guns in and we took the bait...

Has it not occurred to anyone that the Liberals knowingly sprinkled in a few ridiculous examples of obvious hunting rifles and shotguns into the ban list on purpose?

That way the gun lobby and conservatives focus all of their messaging and attention pointing out they obviously don't belong there.

They let that message out across question period and through the mainstream media and then just as planned "Trudeau begins listening to 'concerns' gun definition covers hunting rifles"

They dangled the carrot of obvious hunting rifles and even antique cannons as literal cannon fodder... sacrificial lambs and we took the bait.

We blew our wads.

Trudeau's going to "concede" on a few of these and look like the good guy while still accomplishing a blanket ban on 95% of what they wanted gone.

Our complaints will fall on Joe Public's deaf ears because the Liberals removed the hunting guns from the list.

#19 ·
While I'm not as paranoid as some, I do believe "they" are sometimes out to get me. Hard to read that and not see political maneuvering and miss-direction in this whole mess. After all, if you are negotiating for something you never, never put your best offer on the table at the start.

#21 · (Edited)
Only a little victory if not part of the plan from day one Love how many all taking credit for it being cancelled What a joke the entire thing is including those that think they changed it NOT in your life . If they did anything from letters to other political parties it would have never got this far period

#26 ·
I was up to get supplies at flint&steel today and of course it was the topic of discussion, my lowly h&r single shot collection was on the list as i could swap any barrel out for the 500 nitro barrel which would be over the 10000j. 🤨😒
Doesn't matter if i had the barrel, just that it could be swapped, same as the ruger 1. I wonder how many joules are produced when i fire my 58cal muzzie, 400gr cast minnie over 75gr loose powder? During the American civil war it would take arms, legs, and heads off soldiers, it was a devastating round that changed the war.

#37 ·
yes it was reported a few days ago but so far no one has produced a list to prove anything It came from the gun org who also told us all 12ga shotguns were banned from the 20mm bore so right now I will wait and see before I believe anything. Others are saying it is just a few like the sks back on it
time will tell

#39 · (Edited)
Not sure where the holding off comes from not in my canada I live in It is just making it's way through the regular slow process and going through the required Committee meetings they said they would have after pulling the amendment Once these are done and the report issued it will be game on again and sure will not wait for any election Getting this passed is already longer than they wanted

One 2 days ago with the first nations chiefs and for those that watched it boiled down to and not my words
Chiefs were trying to stick to mantra that long guns semi automatic or otherwise shouldn’t be banned by name.
The Grand Chief Kyikavichik has called for the removal of the Lee-Enfield, Semi-Automatic Shotguns and SKS from the Bill...or at least receive compensation if they are banned.
Not much more

#42 ·
Not even going there. Like they can get away it with also , Any bets it will be gone when the new premier gets in this year
The next Provincial General Election is scheduled to be held on May 29, 2023, unless an election is called earlier. Alberta thinks they are quebec I think NOT

#43 ·
More comments yesterday on nutz seems the old buy back is being discussed big time and the funny part no minutes or details released which is strange
Hold on to your hats I say and I will be wrong and they will actually do it and my AR money will come after all. This will be a first I was 100% sure it would be just grandfathering again
Not my words
Let's get back to the issue of the 'Virtual Meeting of Federal-Provincial-Territorial Deputy Ministers of Justice and Public Safety' that we now know took place on February 21/22 2023. This was a discussion regarding how the Federal Liberals intend to roll-out the gun buyback program. We also know that a new amnesty extension is now in the works. Our gun orgs are unable to fill us in on the latest details and none of the provincial ministers are talking. Does anyone have any idea on what we need to do in order to get someone to 'spill the beans' on what was said at this meeting???

Virtual Meeting of Federal-Provincial-Territorial Deputy Ministers of Justice and Public Safety
841-892

February 21, 2023 – February 22, 2023
Videoconference

No public documents issued at this conference.

https://scics.ca/en/conference/virtu...public-safety/

#44 ·
More comments yesterday on nutz seems the old buy back is being discussed big time and the funny part no minutes or details released which is strange
Hold on to your hats I say and I will be wrong and they will actually do it and my AR money will come after all. This will be a first I was 100% sure it would be just grandfathering again
Not my words
Let's get back to the issue of the 'Virtual Meeting of Federal-Provincial-Territorial Deputy Ministers of Justice and Public Safety' that we now know took place on February 21/22 2023. This was a discussion regarding how the Federal Liberals intend to roll-out the gun buyback program. We also know that a new amnesty extension is now in the works. Our gun orgs are unable to fill us in on the latest details and none of the provincial ministers are talking. Does anyone have any idea on what we need to do in order to get someone to 'spill the beans' on what was said at this meeting???

Virtual Meeting of Federal-Provincial-Territorial Deputy Ministers of Justice and Public Safety
841-892

February 21, 2023 – February 22, 2023
Videoconference

No public documents issued at this conference.

https://scics.ca/en/conference/virtu...public-safety/
Not for the sock boy...so much crap behind closed doors...maybe that newly appointed french buddy of his the REPAAR (( lmao) will fix it

#47 ·
#50 · (Edited)
Glad nothing is happening :rolleyes: Not clear to me yet what the second one is and with those peanut numbers one can bet a lot of grandfathering is coming for most if not all models or requirement to make them non operatable The general quiet is not good but this train is still on the tracks and moving ahead
Not my words

Budget 2023

Funding proposed for Public Safety Canada and the RCMP to implement an IM/IT solution to
compensate firearms owners and businesses and safely remove assault-style firearms from Canadian
communities.

2023-2024 18 Million
2024-2025 8 Million
2025-2026 1 Million
2027-2028 1 Million

Investing in Firearms IT Infrastructure
This measure will directly impact firearms licensees, 86 per cent of whom are men. Those more affected will be owners of restricted and prohibited firearms, 96 per cent of which are owned by men. The measure will also have some regional impacts, as the majority of Canadian firearm license holders live in Ontario, Quebec, Alberta, and British Columbia.

Data Sources: RCMP Canadian Firearms Program

Quality of Life Impacts
Good Governance – Confidence in public institutions

Target Population:
Firearms owners

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.