Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
281 - 300 of 321 Posts
The RCMP take their direction from the politicians in the area they are policing. If the RCMP arrest someone in Alberta they go to court in Alberta and the judge will follow alberts law because they want to keep their job. In order to convict the RCMP will have to steek a change of venue ( other province) but they will have to get an Alberta judge to get the venue change. Will be interesting to see what happens.
This will/would be ine of those anything might happen scenarios. Conflicting laws, jurisdiction not crystal clear, willingness to battle it out. I would not want to pay the legal bill for anyone involved when or if it does get challenged!

Why is this particular ethics violation such a big deal? The past ones committed by the Trudeau Liberals were nothing to worry about!
You honestly cannot see the difference?? Others I understand being blind to anything they don't like or agree with but not you
Justins own supporters and party members don't attack him regardless what he does or did and want him charged big difference
Like I said she has enemies within her party she has to worry about ask old Joe clark what they can do to you. Toss your sorry ass if they rally Not to mention Justin and the liberals hate her and think they have no ability or insiders to make it happen if they want to

These things are only a big deal when someone makes it so. In this case it sounds like a minor transgression at worst but someone has it in for her so it gets talked up!
It only just happened the guilty charge and time will tell if further action is taken That doesn't sound to me it is dead below and the battle with the feds has not even start YET and not good for Pierre

Trussler says she's not recommending sanctions against Smith at this point but reserves the right to do so once the legislature is back in session.

You honestly cannot see the difference?? Others I understand being blind to anything they don't like or agree with but not you
Justins own supporters and party members don't attack him regardless what he does or did and want him charged big difference
Like I said she has enemies within her party she has to worry about ask old Joe clark what they can do to you. Toss your sorry ass if they rally Not to mention Justin and the liberals hate her and think they have no ability or insiders to make it happen if they want to
It is never good when there is dissention within a party. It also doesn't build trust with the voters when the whole party defends multiple scandals and ethics violations.

Well read it all today and we wonder why we are so easy picking if this is how we are to fight Old timers KNOW this is a losing battle right now since they have been in it for 50 years and tried everything possible they could to stop it and won NOTHING and like me are of an age it is time to clean up the herd and turn a page and move on with what we have left at least to a time when one can see even a crack in the support the government has for gun control in canada Yep computers and cell phones are the answer and will make the changes we could not :rolleyes: Yes sir more letters and petitions I guess will do it :(
Not my words

I've talked to alot of older firearms owners who say 'it's your time/battle now, I've done as much as I could". Old timers ignorance of not knowing how to use a computer or cell phone is not a valid excuse.

There is absolutely no way, any amount of protesting, petitions, etc, will have any effect on this Bill. The POS has an agenda, and wants to push this through ASAP. "When guns are outlawed, only the outlaws will have guns". A very true statement.
Yep agree like I have said before the fight is long over all is left for us is to bend over and accept what we have coming :( only an blind fool would think there is still a battle going on at this stage

Let's never forget who was in power when it all went down! I sure wouldn't be rewarding them with a vote come next election, or the party that enabled them!
Won't make a bean of difference more want this today than don't or it would not be happening even gun owners :( Very low priority with most canadians any way and will only influence SOME gun owners votes not others since they fixed the grandpa joes guns and sure won't change the general public vote
Cheers
and before the crowing starts

No crowing, just can't figure out why any gun owner would support this party?
Simple many many things more important than guns in ones life and a lot of gun owners have zero support for handguns or military style semis and what they have and use are NOT being impacted and regardless what some think the odds are very low they will EVER be impacted and will die with their guns
This is NOT bs if it was this would not be happening so quickly
Most Canadians support strong gun control laws. When it comes to military-style assault weapons, 82% favor a complete prohibition and 67% for handguns. and the crowing was about me being negative :) but there is nothing positive on this subject

Simple many many things more important than guns in ones life and a lot of gun owners have zero support for handguns or military style semis and what they have and use are NOT being impacted and regardless what some think the odds are very low they will EVER be impacted and will die with their guns
This is NOT bs if it was this would not be happening so quickly
Most Canadians support strong gun control laws. When it comes to military-style assault weapons, 82% favor a complete prohibition and 67% for handguns. and the crowing was about me being negative :) but there is nothing positive on this subject
I can't understand why any gun owner would even consider voting liberal. What has the Trudeau government done that has been so wild and wonderful?? I've asked this question many times, and no one will answer it.

I can't understand why any gun owner would even consider voting liberal. What has the Trudeau government done that has been so wild and wonderful?? I've asked this question many times, and no one will answer it.
I suspect that's because a) they haven't done anything noteworthy, and, b) in spite of the fact some on here claim others are Liberal supporters, there are no Liberals here.

281 - 300 of 321 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.