Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have mentioned this before but just recently was told by a store that if you buy certain trail cameras these days one cannot use cards from other cameras or they will be contaminated. I have three trail cams. One newer camera will send the pics to what is called a stealth file. If the cards from any other camera are cycled through they will then become a stealth file also. Returning the cards to the original cameras continues to then load the pictures to a stealth file which can only be viewed not down loaded. I have had some beautiful pics over the last few years but cannot post them because of this they can only be viewed. Surprised new trail cams are now made this way that cards have to stay matched to the camera. Any body going through this?

·
Administrator
9,924 Posts
Nope..never heard of it personally. You never dripped any locktite down over them did you ? (bahahaha...I just HAD TO...it was right there...lol)
We always had extra cards for all our TC's...we'd swap em out daily sometimes. Other times it'd be a couple days...when we'd view em, anything worth saving we just left on the cards...selective deleting I guess you could call it. When we swapped em out the next day...didn't make any diff what card went where into what camera.
Course, back then,.. I / we were all using Bushnell's

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nope..never heard of it personally. You never dripped any locktite down over them did you ? (bahahaha...I just HAD TO...it was right there...lol)
We always had extra cards for all our TC's...we'd swap em out daily sometimes. Other times it'd be a couple days...when we'd view em, anything worth saving we just left on the cards...selective deleting I guess you could call it. When we swapped em out the next day...didn't make any diff what card went where into what camera.
Course, back then,.. I / we were all using Bushnell's
I was going to buy a new camera at CT. The lady made me aware of this with some of the new cameras. I have about 8 cards, now all contaminated by the one camera. They will take video or pics on any camera but if they have ever been loaded in the new camera they go to stealth file and none can be downloaded, just viewed.

·
Administrator
9,924 Posts
You must be able to reformat them again. ??

Check YouTube.. see what the tubers are doing to combat or reverse this...even extracting the photos.

·
Registered
2,604 Posts
yep - gotta follow the manufacturers instruction when it comes to cards. Learned the hard way, a while back.

I have 2 cards for each cam - and every card is marked - bush, spy, stealth, etc to make it as dummy proof as possible, lol.

Also, depends on the class, speed, etc of the card, with some tcams.

PS - electronic stuff seems to always cost more & take more effort, lol.

·
Registered
720 Posts
I use the same cards in my Spypoint and Browning cameras with no issues at all...5 different model cams.

·
Registered
3,179 Posts
As Gary has stated 2 cards per Tcam , marked and only used with that camera , my tablet wont download certain Tcam vids but takes all pics from all my mods , I run spypoint , bushnell, and stealthcam .

Been running Tcams since they original worked only on 35 mm film lmao of those days ! Even my earliest cams I ran two dedicated cards never mixed em !

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
As Gary has stated 2 cards per Tcam , marked and only used with that camera , my tablet wont download certain Tcam vids but takes all pics from all my mods , I run spypoint , bushnell, and stealthcam .

Been running Tcams since they original worked only on 35 mm film lmao of those days ! Even my earliest cams I ran two dedicated cards never mixed em !
I am always to hurried to put separate cards in each camera due to the bears behind me:p

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Its the yotes im always watching for , sneaky buggers , been cornered few times in off season while in swapping cards
I got the big 600 lb one from last year back on camera. Love for him to come out at hunting season. I have no coyotes.

·
Administrator
9,924 Posts
600..is that all 😄😄😄

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
600..is that all 😄😄😄
Yes its crazy. He was around peoples green bins last year. From what I have been told by locals, the heavest bear shot in the valley came from my camp land, it was well over 600lbs. Wish I could post pics from those stupid cameras. I have one buck like the bear that would make you drool. He does not show hunting season either.

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
People have a really hard time to guess tomate a bears weight. They drop off a 250lb bear for a 1/2 mount and I order a form for a 90lb bear. They are hard to drag and look a lot bigger then they weigh. I doubt the bear was 600 lbs. That would be a record for NS i think.

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
People have a really hard time to guess tomate a bears weight. They drop off a 250lb bear for a 1/2 mount and I order a form for a 90lb bear. They are hard to drag and look a lot bigger then they weigh. I doubt the bear was 600 lbs. That would be a record for NS i think.
People who grew up in the area can vouch that a bear many years ago was taken from that property over 600 lbs. This big fellow that has been around the odd time or two. Never at hunting season. One could lay a pizza pan between his ears. I think I posted a pic years ago of one that its belly touched the ground. I have many bears around 250-300 pass through but its not hard to tell when one is twice the size. I will check my disks but I am having a problem to load any pics because of a bad camera, if I can load you can then judge.

·
Administrator
9,924 Posts
No..there is one from the Truro area who weighed more than 600...provincial record...he's a full mount and has been on display at our NSBGS booth during the Sportmans & RV Show !! Stand along side of him...it's amazing how frikken big and wide he is !!!

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
No..there is one from the Truro area who weighed more than 600...provincial record...he's a full mount and has been on display at our NSBGS booth during the Sportmans & RV Show !! Stand along side of him...it's amazing how frikken big and wide he is !!!
Trying to find pics. This was the smaller one of the two. The other bigger, almost purple in color. Last year the big bistard up rooted my trees I put apples on right out of the ground to eat them.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,956 Posts
A bear walking down the road doesn't mean its big. I bear hanging on a scale may be big and a bear with a reference of something for size will assist in judging its size. People guessing he was 500lbs is most likely BS
The 600lb bear Kevin refers to might be the record but there has to be a record. Until he's hanging on a scale.............

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Trying to find pics. This was the smaller one of the two. The other bigger, almost purple in color. Last year the big bistard up rooted my trees I put apples on right out of the ground to eat them.
A bear walking down the road doesn't mean its big. I bear hanging on a scale may be big and a bear with a reference of something for size will assist in judging its size. People guessing he was 500lbs is most likely BS
The 600lb bear Kevin refers to might be the record but there has to be a record. Until he's hanging on a scale.............
Yes no one here would know a big bear if they fell over it
Guess all the years in the woods my eyes have gone funny, can't tell when anything has real mass. The bear in the photo is walking on a road one could park two vehicles side by side. It is easy to see it is at least close to a 4x8 sheet of plywood and that is not the bear I refer to. I guess that would be a 90 lb bear you refer to that people bring in. I was going to retrieve my other disks from the cameras for more photos but that would be pointless.

1 - 20 of 33 Posts