Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Spypoint has a free plan (100 pics a month) or pay plans
Youll need decent cell service and id recommend lithium batteries, ive had a cam out since August and still showing 100% battery, 40% signal strength.
Im sure there are others but i got a deal on 3 new so i took it

·
Registered
76 Posts
I own I think 9 cell cams to this point, tried a few others with minimal success, not a fan of spypoint what so ever especially the link micro. I shot the one I had as skeet practice. Just purchase the camera you want to use, I highly recommend Tactacam for the more budget friendly with lots of features, and good picture quality. You purchase the plan you wish to use, normally 3 levels of payments 6$ a month for 500 photos, 9 dollars for 1000 or unlimited for 15$. Just have to create an account, set up the camera typically with a QR code now and you’re good to goo. You change most of the setting in the camera from the app on the new cell cams

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
So if I have cell phone service at my site a cam will work? . Can I have the pics send to an email account so I can see them on my desktop ?

·
Registered
76 Posts
So if I have cell phone service at my site a cam will work? . Can I have the pics send to an email account so I can see them on my desktop ?
Yes if you have cell service with your cell phone, you'll probably get better service from my experience with your cell cam. In really poor cell service area I've attached booster antennas to the camera and it increases dramatically. From the best of my knowledge you can't get them to send to your email directly. It all sends to your logged in account on the app. My father and one of my friends have access to my account to see the deer that are tending the stands while I'm away at work. But what I do to view on my laptop, is save the photo to my phone from within the app, and email it to myself to see the photo on a bigger screen and save the photo in my files

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks . What happens if I have a the 500 pic package and I go over? Extra fees or stop sending them?? I would need the unlimited package as last 3 days got 550 pics on tcam.

·
Registered
1,871 Posts
Thanks . What happens if I have a the 500 pic package and I go over? Extra fees or stop sending them?? I would need the unlimited package as last 3 days got 550 pics on tcam.
Pics stop sending.

Unlimited packages are about $120 for the year I think. Worth it now just in gas savings.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Unlike most my cameras are close by and who's going to pick the wild mushrooms if I get a cell package . Check the bait and cam and pick shrooms on the way back.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I never said that I wanted one!. I just asked the question how the service works. I am down to 2 working cams now and was just curious .

1 - 10 of 10 Posts