Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
41 - 51 of 51 Posts

· Registered
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #42 ·
I moved it to a different tree that was more out in the open. A doe came out and it was sending pics of her. I did order the Reaveal antenna. I can always cancel that if you think the Bingfu is better.

· Administrator
10,807 Posts
Positive I'll be going for the GPS option. Think I got Santa talked into one(( maybe 2)). Normally it's extra Rigid 18V batteries/ gear, clothes and a BP gift card or 2...lol

All great info guys...thanks, and keep it comin.

· Registered
3,437 Posts
Discussion Starter · #45 ·
The GPS function would be a great feature to have for sure. I have been very lucky with my cameras. Have not lost any due to theft or animal damage. Not sure just exactly what I did to mine … but it appears to be working perfectly now. There is only one thing wrong with it now … it only takes pictures of smaller bucks and does. Is there a switch on it somewhere to allow it to take pics of monster bucks ???? 😉 😉

· Registered
201 Posts
Exactly right Tony ! A lock will only keep an honest thief out !!!!
We had our 12 ft aluminum boat stashed at a lake yrs ago. It got moved a few times (no biggie) we found it. Then the fekkers stole the oars, seat cushions dipnet..etc, so we chained to a tree. They came in and cut the tree down ! Stole the boat that time ! This was in the bow water area...place we fished for 10 yrs without incident !
Same thing happend to me in the bow water land, down on the east river side. Had a 14' aluminum boat there 300 yards up the shoreline with no path. The bastards tried to beat the lock off it one day drank a bunch of cold shots and left the cans, came back with bolt cutters and took everything. Boat, paddles, seats, anchor and even the bail bucket... only thing left was the cut chain and smashed lock, oh and there mess of cans. Cops wouldnt do anything no fingerprinting cans, wife put a $500 reward on the facebook whick lead us to a stollen boat just not our stollen boat.

· Administrator
10,807 Posts
The one you found ..was there a name on the stern ? Mine was " DEEP TROUT II " the original deep trout couldn't handle another season 😉😉

· Registered
7,526 Posts
Same thing happend to me in the bow water land, down on the east river side. Had a 14' aluminum boat there 300 yards up the shoreline with no path. The bastards tried to beat the lock off it one day drank a bunch of cold shots and left the cans, came back with bolt cutters and took everything. Boat, paddles, seats, anchor and even the bail bucket... only thing left was the cut chain and smashed lock, oh and there mess of cans. Cops wouldnt do anything no fingerprinting cans, wife put a $500 reward on the facebook whick lead us to a stollen boat just not our stollen boat.
Chit like this really gets to me! Used to be able to leave a boat close to a lake no lock and no worries. There were 5-6 back in the woods of what is now Glenn Arbor and the same up in the big subdivision of kings wood. Any one could use them and always put them back. Just shows ya how the world is really screwed up now.

· Registered
7,526 Posts
The one you found ..was there a name on the stern ? Mine was " DEEP TROUT II " the original deep trout couldn't handle another season 😉😉
Be kind of a stupid thief to leave the name on
Man you’ve had some terrible luck , a boat and a set of moose antlers.
Well I hope the guy with the antlers fell on them and got the longest antler up his azz
And the SOB that took your boat got swamped and almost drowned, just cause I’m too nice to hope he drowned.

· Registered
46 Posts
Awful.I can relate to your pain...i lost a boat myself same scenario many years ago.Never got it back either to this day i keep wishing i
caught them in the act but if that was the case i may still be behind bars typing this message so thank god for that hahaha.Nothing in thewoods un attended specially boats,even at remote fishing spots.Remember my father dragging homemade plywood boats with 250cc single elans in winter back into remote trout spots.Only to be found missing when they hiked back in april or may...or sometimes peppered with buckshot.

41 - 51 of 51 Posts