Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,910 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been a while since I ventured to the ol gun safe, never had any issues with moisture before however I noticed on guns with muzzle breaks and flash hiders the copper residue turned a nice shade of lady liberty. Nothing a good scrub didn't remove and all the rifles got a deep clean and rub down just to be safe. That copper fouling can get in some cracks and crevices that's not normally hit with a regular clean. Shotguns and rifles that only shoot lead rounds were obviously unaffected this time. Lots of moisture and humidity happening these days.

·
Registered
3,759 Posts
One great thing on our house we have two Air exchangers with humidity controls , , one upstairs , one down , saying that once a month I take the time to pull everything out and check them and wipe them down after they were dismantled after season ends for full cleaning , usually then a 3-4 day process . I know everyone don't have the time , but with rising costs on them to replace , it's well worth the extra care .

·
Registered
7,164 Posts
One great thing on our house we have two Air exchangers with humidity controls , , one upstairs , one down , saying that once a month I take the time to pull everything out and check them and wipe them down after they were dismantled after season ends for full cleaning , usually then a 3-4 day process . I know everyone don't have the time , but with rising costs on them to replace , it's well worth the extra care .
Turdboy has three more yrs so by the time he’s done ya won’t be able to replace them. That SOB NO GOOD F-ING SON OF A WH—- will ban all firearms then come after our bows!

Reactions: Tyson10gauge

·
Administrator
10,924 Posts
That's always a great idea guys !!! I also do mine several times a year Walter. Not willing to take the chance on my beloved investment(s)

Reactions: Tyson10gauge
1 - 4 of 4 Posts