Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
361 - 380 of 408 Posts
Love this 35 yr okd crap living at home b.s , If that is going on the Mom And Dad truly need to take a hard look in the mirror cause THEY are at fault allowing it to take place !

As for kids today having no education , I call B.S once again all 3 of mine are outta the nest , my oldest just moved back to N.B and been sent out to fight Forest Fires in Alberta , 3 yrs of Forestry Schooling and making some big bucks risking his life to save other peoples lives and homes and yes has a damm mortgage and big truck payment to boot .
my oldest Daughter has now 5 th yr in Criminology and working for the RCMP this summer to broaden and complete her 5th yr to go onto her Doctorate and living from home since 18 when moved to N.B for University with ZERO plans to live in our Basement , Our youngest just got Hired as a Sheriff making $30 a hr to start due to being bilingual , so love this 35 yr olds milking mom and dad B.S and no ecucation or plans or what ever , Maybe someones buddies , sons , daughters Girlfriend of her nefews cousin twice removed in a trailer park or what ever .

If people still have grown adult kids living at home doing nothing , feeding off mom or dad or both , I say it's not just the economy and lack of jobs , it's a better part as well as lack of parenting , direction and influence to get them to go out and become the best they can . It certainly did not kill myself thats for damm sure

Love this 35 yr okd crap living at home b.s , If that is going on the Mom And Dad truly need to take a hard look in the mirror cause THEY are at fault allowing it to take place !

As for kids today having no education , I call B.S once again all 3 of mine are outta the nest , my oldest just moved back to N.B and been sent out to fight Forest Fires in Alberta , 3 yrs of Forestry Schooling and making some big bucks risking his life to save other peoples lives and homes and yes has a damm mortgage and big truck payment to boot .
my oldest Daughter has now 5 th yr in Criminology and working for the RCMP this summer to broaden and complete her 5th yr to go onto her Doctorate and living from home since 18 when moved to N.B for University with ZERO plans to live in our Basement , Our youngest just got Hired as a Sheriff making $30 a hr to start due to being bilingual , so love this 35 yr olds milking mom and dad B.S and no ecucation or plans or what ever , Maybe someones buddies , sons , daughters Girlfriend of her nefews cousin twice removed in a trailer park or what ever .
Agree with that one 100% And on the rest I suggest you take a hard look around the cape sure some have education but not the right education to get a good paying job and live in the cape on their own which is what I was talking about And congrats to you for raising your kids well and real glad they are successful as a result I am sure all of your friends kids are the same mine sure are not some yes but far from all or a good percentage like you indicate
In fact these kids I know and talk about are far from trailer park in fact most total opposite since it takes money to spoil them most have parents with professional jobs making 80/100 K a year You have been calling BS quite a bit lately to my posts from owls, pals to what ever and "know from a fact" your words how has that been working out Facts trump beliefs and I wonder who needs to get out of the arm chair or perhaps out of the woods more
I look at just twelve homes up on my street six on the left and six on the right and there is five in this category living with mom and dad and over 30 with no plans to move one is almost 50 No dam wonder free everything car gas including their smokes and beer why would they and that is just the tip in the cape
Once again you best look at some real numbers and the cape is why higher

In 2021, 35.1% of young adults aged 20 to 34 living in private households in Canada lived with at least one of their parents, 39.4% lived with their spouse, partner and/or children, 14.8% lived with relatives or non-relatives and 10.7% lived alone. and regardless what buckman says it really has not changed that much since 2001
Among the provinces and territories, the highest proportion of young adults living in the parental home in 2011 was in Ontario (50.6%), up slightly from 2006 (50.2%). Newfoundland and Labrador had the largest share in 2006 (51.1%), but by 2011, this had dropped to 44.7%. The provinces with the lowest proportions of young adults living with their parents in 2011 were Saskatchewan (30.6%) and Alberta (31.4%).

Cheers

If people still have grown adult kids living at home doing nothing , feeding off mom or dad or both , I say it's not just the economy and lack of jobs , it's a better part as well as lack of parenting , direction and influence to get them to go out and become the best they can . It certainly did not kill myself thats for damm sure
Agree with this 100% There is good work here if one takes the steps required to be trained for it My daughter wanted nothing to do with health care after high school and is also bilingual but after two runs in university and two different jobs here after found out quickly if she wanted to stay in the cape and make a good wage with good benifits there is where she had to be in health care Kudos to her since it was not easy going back to school for a third time Not to mention the extra expense
Cheers

Yup … this is not 1982 anymore. I will agree that kids are coddled more now than they were. Most young people coming out of school and into the working world, cannot find affordable housing. That is probably the number one issue right now. There just is none. Maybe in Cape Breton … but nothing affordable on the South Shore. You just can’t live on a mediocre income any longer. There is a reason food bank usage is at an all time high.

…….. and I never grew up with a silver spoon in my mouth. We were very poor growing up. Always had food and a leaky roof over our head. For a factory worker … I thought the pay was pretty good. Michelin was, and still is, one of the highest paying jobs in the area. A good income, 7 weeks vacation and a fully funded pension plan. No complaints from me.
They want too much and only the best too quickly today That is a big part of the problem
I was 6 years before I bought my first home and lived in a trailer court but didnot rent nope lived in what some think is a only for dirt bags a bad mobile home I paid cash for since I WOULD not pay rent other than the 50 buck a month lot fee
Yep a mobile I did totally over and rented for 12 years after I moved to our first home and then sold for more than I had into it Yep the guy next to me is now principal of the school here and his mrs a teacher and on the other side owns a building supplies Dam trailer trash we were :rolleyes:
I called it an investment not some low life place to live like some indicated here Some today are way nicer than many peoples homes but how many kids would do that to get ahead later on NOt many I agree the days of mediocre incomes providing what one needs have been gone for many years

I am with you but the 35 year olds living at home is just from pure lazyness and the parents being no better allowing it to happen. The government set this in motion, give them all free money, allowing workers to stay home. How many stayed home faking covid? Like I said many house holds now have kids that are claiming mental health issues just to stay in the nest, the same parents now want universal income so they to can stay home with them and do nothing. We give so much money now to women to have kids why work. The lady across the road has 5, and the one on the right 5, house ,car, single. She is a sad country. On top of everything this government shuts down jobs rather than make them. Not one dime is been given to any of the young folks that are trying to work, keep working, not one dime. It is now got to the point that its almost to the breaking point for many. If you want a sex change there is money for that, or free money to those that are not sure what gender they are to enter the work force. We had nothing growing up, reason I do not live in Cape Breton. Could not see cutting pulp for a living in the highlands.

I am with you but the 35 year olds living at home is just from pure lazyness and the parents being no better allowing it to happen. The government set this in motion, give them all free money, allowing workers to stay home. How many stayed home faking covid? Like I said many house holds now have kids that are claiming mental health issues just to stay in the nest, the same parents now want universal income so they to can stay home with them and do nothing. We give so much money now to women to have kids why work. The lady across the road has 5, and the one on the right 5, house ,car, single. She is a sad country. On top of everything this government shuts down jobs rather than make them. Not one dime is been given to any of the young folks that are trying to work, keep working, not one dime. It is now got to the point that its almost to the breaking point for many. If you want a sex change there is money for that, or free money to those that are not sure what gender they are to enter the work force. We had nothing growing up, reason I do not live in Cape Breton. Could not see cutting pulp for a living in the highlands.
Yep the numbers at home or went back home during covid shot up over 55% and not sure how much they have come down Don't even go there about those having kids to make an income mrs sees it all the time in her job at the school like she says some get more a month than I make working
Had a laugh last week at the diabetic clinic The strips for checking blood sugar are 100 bucks for 25 days my plan covered them so I thought and did up to 500 I found out so the next batch I paid 100 bucks so this is going to get expensive Doc says the diabetic clinic will help and give you some and does for those not covered under a plan
WTf I asked and told my story she says sorry Joe you have to be on a government supported system for me to give you any :(
Cheers

There are have always been adult children still living at home. Since I can remember. We all probably know families that have an adult child still living at home. That number shot up during covid, because businesses were forced to shut down and put workers in a situation where they couldn't afford to pay rent or mortgage. Laziness of course, plays a big role in it. I couldn't wait to get out on my own. I'm sure there are many people that want to move out of their parents home, but just can not afford to. I don't think you can rent a spot (now) in Bridgewater for less than $1500. If you want to buy a home, "IF", you can find one for under $300,000, you need $15,000 for a down paymet. Pierre Poilievre wants Trudeau to axe that 5% for new home buyers, but he won't budge. 15K is a lot of money to try to save. And for the ones renting already for a number of years ... if they can pay the rent, why couldn't they pay a mortgage ??? Why do they need that down payment ?? It's not as easy as just kicking them out of the nest anymore. This country is in an affordable housing crisis ... and I certainly don't see it ever getting better.

There are have always been adult children still living at home. Since I can remember. We all probably know families that have an adult child still living at home. That number shot up during covid, because businesses were forced to shut down and put workers in a situation where they couldn't afford to pay rent or mortgage. Laziness of course, plays a big role in it. I couldn't wait to get out on my own. I'm sure there are many people that want to move out of their parents home, but just can not afford to. I don't think you can rent a spot (now) in Bridgewater for less than $1500. If you want to buy a home, "IF", you can find one for under $300,000, you need $15,000 for a down paymet. Pierre Poilievre wants Trudeau to axe that 5% for new home buyers, but he won't budge. 15K is a lot of money to try to save. And for the ones renting already for a number of years ... if they can pay the rent, why couldn't they pay a mortgage ??? Why do they need that down payment ?? It's not as easy as just kicking them out of the nest anymore. This country is in an affordable housing crisis ... and I certainly don't see it ever getting better.
That makes two of us But 15,000 honestly is nothing to save living home if the kids are focus We saved 25 in 82 so what is 15 today we needed 25% since they classed the mobile as my first home :( The ones I talk about like my daugher are looking at 50 to 100 down paying rent is killing them agree and hard to get out once in that circle

This is the reality that young families are facing .... this is a mile away from me and not even in the town of Bridgewater
View attachment 100908
Yep that size here is just over 200 selling price when one can find it but again we have ZERO large industry left either like you do down there driving the economy and prices Average size bungalows in town here are all over 300 now and selling which is all my daughter wants

Yep that here is just over 200 when one can find it but again we have ZERO large industry left either like you do down there driving the economy and prices
Unfortunately ... these houses are not being bought by locals. They are being bought by CFA's ... and that is driving the housing prices sky high. I blame the CFA's for our housing crisis. People I know, who had no plans of selling, said "what the hell", and took advantage. We were approached a few times, to see if we wanted to sell. 1.5M they say we could get for it. Not bad, considering we paid 295 for it in '03. It's the CFA's that the realtors are catering to, because that's where the money is. These CFA's need to be taxed heavily if buying a home in NS.

Unfortunately ... these houses are not being bought by locals. They are being bought by CFA's ... and that is driving the housing prices sky high. I blame the CFA's for our housing crisis. People I know, who had no plans of selling, said "what the hell", and took advantage. We were approached a few times, to see if we wanted to sell. 1.5M they say we could get for it. Not bad, considering we paid 295 for it in '03. It's the CFA's that the realtors are catering to, because that's where the money is. These CFA's need to be taxed heavily if buying a home in NS.
Agree 100% and I cannot blame people for selling with the crazy money being paid My place is just a simple bungalow nothing like yours with a 100K garage they tell me now that cost me 25 to build and believe it or not some love the idea of having a lot of greenhouse and big garden ( even through years ago I was told would hurt the property value) and growing their own food not a year goes by lately someone is not in trying to buy it or the daughters real estate friends will say let me just list it to see what I can get NOPE then where the F;k would I live take care another cold one here and plants waiting I sold our new big one in 95 when I did the foolish alberta thing for less than a year :( and gave the house away back then and only a year old Yes sir that is when I met Walter for the first time building that home and cried like a baby the day I sold it Different I think when one builds something with their own hands and their dream home to give it up
Yep bought this little one when we came back with plans to build again then cancer and reality took over The best move I ever made looking at it now to stay small especially at our age now and very happy where we live close to everything

Agree 100% and I cannot blame people for selling with the crazy money being paid My place is just a simple bungalow nothing like yours with a 100K garage they tell me now that cost me 25 to build and believe it or not some love the idea of having a lot of greenhouse ( even through years ago I was told would hurt the property value) and growing their own food not a year goes by lately someone is not in trying to buy it or the daughters real estate friends will say let me just list it to see what I can get NOPE then where the F;k would I live take care another cold one here and plants waiting
That's like us. We could sell ... then where would we go ??? A place that we are not happy with ?? In today's world ... having greenhouses on your property, would be a huge selling point IMO. Yup ... another cooler day today. Mid 20's for the weekend !!

That's like us. We could sell ... then where would we go ??? A place that we are not happy with ?? In today's world ... having greenhouses on your property, would be a huge selling point IMO. Yup ... another cooler day today. Mid 20's for the weekend !!
We are getting just one day in the 20's and 6 on monday for a high :(

... She is a sad country.
I couldn't disagree more! It is a great country! The best country in the world, bar none, warts and all. Let me repeat... "CANADA IS THE BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD!" I'm not too sure where you live?

What Canada is.... is a country that has grown full of whiney, crying, negative, glass half empty, everything is broken, chronic complainers that seemingly are only happy when pissing and moaning about how everything around them is crumbling... and if only we could return to days gone by... you know, maybe "Make Canada Great Again" or some such foolishness? :ROFLMAO:

Now, back to wherever it is that you reside. Have you ever considered perhaps moving to a better neighbourhood? I'm being completely serious. Going by your post history you live in a community full of nothing but thieves, bums, welfare cases, undesirable (to you apparently) foreigners, stunters, aggressive/nosy neighbours, tax cheats and frauds, poachers and rule breakers of every stripe..... plus YOU. I'm mean jeeze Louise why wouldn't you want to relocate. Anyone in their right mind would want to get out of a place like you constantly say you reside. I don't blame you in the least. Every time someone tries to tell you things aren't really as bad as you believe, you state you know at least 3-4 separate examples in your neighbourhood alone. Regardless of topic. If it is negative, it is happening right in your backyard according to you. It is uncanny really. Truly a reverse Midas touch if ever there was one. Definitely 'special'. A head scratcher if ever there was one!

So in closing once again, CANADA GREAT.... Thundercloudville BAD. So please, sign up to Property Guys, get out of that hell hole you find yourself in, and welcome to the real Canada, we're happy to have you. Here in the real world it is mostly Sunny Ways!

Opps! Wait, maybe that isn't the best greeting for you... lemme work on that, and I'll get back to you. 🤔

That is a nice little house BM. The price however is definitely outrageous, and completely unjustifiable IMO. Greed and greed alone explains that. Combined with a recognized desperation on the part of would be home buyers. Personally I blame the market and greedy individuals for the obvious price gouging going on, not the government so much.

I think we better get used to it however, and housing prices like we are accustomed to here at home are never coming back down to where we remember them when most of us were getting started. Sadly.

When I worked out west I used to get my parents in law to send me out the Real Estate Guide that used to come in the Saturday edition of the Truro Daily News (now a once a week electronic edition) and I'd leave it in the coffee room at our office. This was between 95-99 and at that time a plain jane bungalow on a small residential lot was selling for around $160-$170 000 out in the middle of nowhere in a tiny forestry/ranching town (village) that we had to drive an hour each way to get groceries, do banking, hospital, any normal 'town' stuff. A comparable house in Truro at that time likely could have been had for between $65-$80 000 max in town, and $10-$20 000 cheaper in the nearby surrounding area... the good old GTA or Greater Truro Area :p. The weekly guide was full of beautiful, huge old farm and Victorian homes on acreages, and including active farming operations that were available anywhere from $100-$180 000 at that time. People at my office would go crazy! The new guides I'd put out each week, after getting them mailed from home, would always be gone before the end of the day, and several of my colleagues that were born and raised out west were flabbergasted at the incredibly cheap home and land prices back here. Several stated that they were seriously considering selling everything, buying a property back here and moving here after retirement. This was at a time I might add that Swiss and German citizens were buying up any and every piece of land they could in BC, causing 'locals' to pretty much get forced out of the market by European buyers with money to burn, a love of mountains, and shock at that large areas and cheap (to them) prices for both homes and land.

Nova Scotia, and the Maritimes/Atlantic Canada in general have been an increasingly more attractive place to either return to or settle in post retirement. For obvious reasons, the same ones folks from here have always known. It is a fantastic place to live... despite what you'd think if all you had to go by were posts on NSH for the past several years. Covid, the worldwide notoriety of The Atlantic Bubble and how our region fared a lot better, with a lot less politics/ideology informing decisions comparatively increased interest in coming to this area exponentially.

Nobody likes to witness dramatic change, including me. Outdoors enthusiasts in particular hate to see once 'wild' undeveloped lands, and onetime agricultural land be converted to residential and commercial development. At least not in our own backyards... NIMBY'ism. But the fact is we better all get used to it. This is the tip of the iceberg in what is just the very beginnings of major human population migrations all over the world. Many folks simply looking for a better place to live, but increasingly it is going to be folks that HAVE to find another place to live. Folks displaced by conflicts, increasingly damaging natural disasters, and because where they have always lived is becoming inhabitable as a result of climate change. Those are simple, undeniable facts. All the finger pointing, projection and partisanship in the world isn't going to change those facts.

Were you rich growing up or have things handed to you Just wondering
In 1982 I bought my first home and my 5 year mortage was at 19.25% for a 5 year term at 72 grand I was making 24,000 a year in one of the highest paid jobs in the cape for an average joe working underground and it is different today ??? I worked every overtime shift I could get and moonlighted working on cars to make ends meet Just asked the daughter and she is looking at under 5% for a 5 year term and weill have it paid off long before the 20 years it took me to have no mortage and says every year she says with me droppes it by 5 years min she has a plan and should have been a bean counter like Tony the way she handles money sure not like me or the mrs :(

I didnot own new cars ( in fact fixed up junk to drive ) , have expensive things and travel like kids today or have all new furnature as soon as I bought the house or pay anyone to do anything like many do today I remember not having a stove for 6 months and cooking out of a toaster over and BBQ and when we got one it was used that I had to fix yep kids do that today and no flooring all the rooms were just plywood for at least 2 years etc etc Doing the wash at moms :(
You think we didnot rob Peter to pay Paul think again and the big difference today my parents were poor and could not help financially like today and I was out at age 22 on my own not still home at 35 being supported by parents and parents in 2023 help big time getting their kids set up financially On yes there was no RESP waiting for me to pay my university like many kids today and I also had a student load to pay daughter has none thank god
And yes I am glad parents can do that for their kids I said when my daughter was born she would not struggle like I did I will make sure of that and have to the best of my ability

And everyone I knew did the same I was not special but the norm we all struggled but got by some how and there was no government handouts either like today

In one example mine I look at what my daughter makes a year and what she is looking at paying for her first home and she will NOT have the tough road we travelled that is for sure and yes it is all about how they plan and what choices they make Took her three trips to university to find the right job career to live here in comfort

Getting a good education to ensure you get a good job is key today if not be prepared to struggle plain and simple
1 dollar in 1982 is now the same as $3.14 and my daughter this year will make 4 x what I did in 82 so who is? was truly suffering as you say
Guess you had no tough times financially starting out to forget how dam hard we ALL had it in the 80's etc etc
The other thing I am seeing here a lot now is kids taking over their parents homes and building the parents a new retirement smaller home on one level my daughters real estate friend is just starting the foundation on one of those now and she is the third kid to do that in their little circle These kids think out of the box vs complaining and blaming everyone but them selves and take charge make a plan and see it happen They are all doing very well even in a poor area like the cape
But much easier to blame others and ther government of course :rolleyes:
Accept the way things are they are not going to change for the better and make a plan to live comfortably within what he have is thre key to success
My useless 2 cents
I wasn't going to comment on this but what the hell, lets stir the pot a bit.

So you made 24k/year and your house cost 72k. You do realize that your house only costed 3x your yearly salary.

If anyone now could get a house for 3x their yearly income they would be all over that like stink on a monkey. Not counting outliers like living in a dump in Dominion, most markets including HRM housing is easily hovering in the 500k mark for something average that probably needs at least 50k in repairs after purchase. The median household income in NS is low and I can guarantee for the average scotian a home like that is easily 7-8 x their yearly income even before a down payment. Property taxes, sales taxes, and utilities and general cost of living are way higher even accounting for inflation than 1982. Cable TV in the 80's even though you got a handful of channels was $8/month, what's cable cost now at least 10x that amount. That's way more than your inflation numbers plus our world today has expenses that weren't around in the 80's. Say what you want but cell phones and internet could be considered necessities today not something you had to worry about back then yet another expense we all have today. Those high interest rates were both a blessing and a curse in 1982. If you could squirrel any amount of money away you were making bank with no risk. I don't care that $1 in 1982 is $3.14. The buying power in 1982 was so much better than it is today. A hundred dollars for groceries in 1982 could probably feed a family for a couple weeks. I spend $100 at the grocery store and I get 1 bag of groceries that lasts a few days. 4x what you made in 1982 is going to get chewed away pretty quickly by the taxes and other things you have to pay for these days. It's good that your daughter has a plan to pay everything off in 20 years, but life happens big repairs to a house can cause you to remortgage, hell you might even be a grand pappy if you are still around. Kids today are much more expensive than when you had your daughter. It's good to have a plan but life throws curve balls at us all. In conclusion I would say things are different today than the 80's, better or worse it depends on your perspective.

You nailed it with Laziness , simply put freaking lazy wanting handouts and use any excuse including mental health , Been there with both daughters for mental health , one of the reasons I take a Mental Heath first aid course every 3 yrs . My daughters have worked thru their mental health issues and went on to train , and educate themselves and push to find well paying jobs . Jobs are there just need get off their a$$ and got look for them or apply , pretty bad they must move away , but it is better sitting at home taking hand out ir work and stay home alliwing mummy and daddy to foot the big bills o f life . Like mortgages , taxes and so on .

That is a nice little house BM. The price however is definitely outrageous, and completely unjustifiable IMO. Greed and greed alone explains that. Combined with a recognized desperation on the part of would be home buyers. Personally I blame the market and greedy individuals for the obvious price gouging going on, not the government so much.

I think we better get used to it however, and housing prices like we are accustomed to here at home are never coming back down to where we remember them when most of us were getting started. Sadly.

When I worked out west I used to get my parents in law to send me out the Real Estate Guide that used to come in the Saturday edition of the Truro Daily News (now a once a week electronic edition) and I'd leave it in the coffee room at our office. This was between 95-99 and at that time a plain jane bungalow on a small residential lot was selling for around $160-$170 000 out in the middle of nowhere in a tiny forestry/ranching town (village) that we had to drive an hour each way to get groceries, do banking, hospital, any normal 'town' stuff. A comparable house in Truro at that time likely could have been had for between $65-$80 000 max in town, and $10-$20 000 cheaper in the nearby surrounding area... the good old GTA or Greater Truro Area :p. The weekly guide was full of beautiful, huge old farm and Victorian homes on acreages, and including active farming operations that were available anywhere from $100-$180 000 at that time. People at my office would go crazy! The new guides I'd put out each week, after getting them mailed from home, would always be gone before the end of the day, and several of my colleagues that were born and raised out west were flabbergasted at the incredibly cheap home and land prices back here. Several stated that they were seriously considering selling everything, buying a property back here and moving here after retirement. This was at a time I might add that Swiss and German citizens were buying up any and every piece of land they could in BC, causing 'locals' to pretty much get forced out of the market by European buyers with money to burn, a love of mountains, and shock at that large areas and cheap (to them) prices for both homes and land.

Nova Scotia, and the Maritimes/Atlantic Canada in general have been an increasingly more attractive place to either return to or settle in post retirement. For obvious reasons, the same ones folks from here have always known. It is a fantastic place to live... despite what you'd think if all you had to go by were posts on NSH for the past several years. Covid, the worldwide notoriety of The Atlantic Bubble and how our region fared a lot better, with a lot less politics/ideology informing decisions comparatively increased interest in coming to this area exponentially.

Nobody likes to witness dramatic change, including me. Outdoors enthusiasts in particular hate to see once 'wild' undeveloped lands, and onetime agricultural land be converted to residential and commercial development. At least not in our own backyards... NIMBY'ism. But the fact is we better all get used to it. This is the tip of the iceberg in what is just the very beginnings of major human population migrations all over the world. Many folks simply looking for a better place to live, but increasingly it is going to be folks that HAVE to find another place to live. Folks displaced by conflicts, increasingly damaging natural disasters, and because where they have always lived is becoming inhabitable as a result of climate change. Those are simple, undeniable facts. All the finger pointing, projection and partisanship in the world isn't going to change those facts.
100% pure greed. If I was selling ... yeah ... I would probably take advantage of the market as well.

361 - 380 of 408 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.