Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

· Registered
18,483 Posts
I don't have an opinion on which one of them would be the best of the worst.

Since I don't trust any of them though I highly doubt you will see much relaxation of the current firearms regulations, including the ones done over the last couple years. At best they would not fully implement the handgun freeze and the new transfer BS. In their minds they would have to spend far, far too much political capital for terribly little gain to make any significant roll back of regulations. They will promise and then not do it but claim they did like the Liberals claim they are saving people from gun violence.
Agree with you
They will do nothing to reverse any firearm laws . It would be pure political suicide

· Registered
18,483 Posts
They're all in it to line their pockets...every fekkin one of em. To give their friends jobs and line their pockets too...stay for a little while then suckle on the big fat lifetime pension teat till their gone.

Gotta give this one to Joe.. no way they'll ever reverse what's been done with all the firearms changes recently.
Agree Kevin 1000 percent
Some choice we have Sweet jesus

· Registered
18,483 Posts
I can see Pierre Poilievre winning the leadership, and in the next election getting a small minority and not able or willing to change any firearm related laws.
Just my opinion and I am willing to admit I have been wrong many time before.
Well with over 80% of canadians agreeing with what was done to firearms so far you will not be wrong this time
Cheers

· Registered
18,483 Posts
Interesting post on nutz this morning and don't say for one minute it cannot happen. Time to hit the garden :(
I quote

Who will Conservative gun owners vote for if Jean Charest become CPC leader?
Conservative voters now face the stark reality Jean Charest the liberal might become leader of the CPC.
Out of curiosity who will the many Conservative gun owners vote for if Charest is your leader? Something to consider is the future of the CPC being led down the path by the liberal Charest.

· Registered
18,483 Posts
sadly...I have to agree also
On a positive note just had my first feed of lobster .:) Man they are good and even better when they are traded for work I did over the winter yep five 2 1/2 pounders dropped of and even cooked and HOT but all males with small tails he says the females are not crawling a lot yet
I love eating the bodies so like bigger ones. I bet they are worth about 140 bucks to buy but have no idea at least that is what is said
Sad part is I didnot do enough work for lobster trade last year :(

· Registered
18,483 Posts
Charest and Poilliver both say they will revamp the entire firearms act and do so without hurting honest law abiding citizens Do we have another choice? Maybe we should just pass in all our firearms and give up.
You must believe in santa also do you
No sell the ones they want while you can and keep the ones they don't want and please don't say they want them since they don't

· Registered
18,483 Posts
The turd banned over 1500 different types of “scary looking” guns. He is coming after handguns next. After he is successful with that … he is coming after semi automatic hunting rifles and shotguns…. And don’t say that will never happen, because it can and it will. The longer this ass wipe is in power … the less guns we will have. As far as restrictions coming back because of the “flu” … it won’t happen. It is still out there in full force. All restrictions are lifted. A person with covid can now roam freely wherever they want. That tells me all I need to know about how serious this is. They are working on another “virus”… some form of small pox … but until that is released … live free and enjoy !!
You and I will be long dead and never see that but will not happen if he wanted hunting semi's he would have taken them in the last semi ban

· Registered
18,483 Posts
He is already talking about semi’s. “who needs a gun that will rapid fire” …. His words … not mine.
Give it up dude you are worse than chicken little
What about a pump I am faster than a semi with those guess they are gone too. You best sell everything you have and keep the old cooeys. wait now they are gone also you sold them:cautious:
Cheers

· Registered
18,483 Posts
Yes Joe .... you and I know that semi hunting rifles and shotguns are just "hunting guns" ... but for turd boy ... anything that will "rapid fire" as he calls it, will be fair game in his ploy to rid the country of guns. Just think of how many votes he would get if he banned all semi's .... and it could happen
He will get NO more even Justin knows an old remington 7400 is just a single shot in the hands of most owners:D:D
Jesus could return to earth also

· Registered
18,483 Posts
A semi auto is a semi auto. An AR-15 is no different than a Remi 7400, other than the looks. I think the POS will be gone before he can ban those … but the next Liberal government that come behind him, will carry on where he left off.
Like hell. I own both and they are night and day. If I was going to go and take out a bunch of people it sure would not be a 7400 I would grab
Just try to find a high capacity mag for a 7400 as a small example. It took 50 years for them to get back to what his father started
I will be dead

· Registered
18,483 Posts
I hear you but.....the concern is that the Liberals, and all the rest of the parties for that matter, will never let the truth get in the way of what they want to do. So, while I don't think the sky is falling just yet, it looked like it has some fine cracks in it. :)
Just look at that report and being a numbers man no government is going totally eliminate firearms they generate too much cash etc for them
The cracks started in 1969 with bill c-150 but the sky still has not fallen
Cheers

The direct impact of spending associated with the four activities as well as how that direct economic impact ripples through to suppliers and the wider economy was estimated to arrive at the total impact. The total economic footprint of fishing, hunting, trapping, and sport shooting was $13.2 billion in 2018. This represents a substantial 0.6 per cent of national gross domestic product (GDP). The economic activity generated by these activities supported just under 107,000 jobs and generated $6.4 billion in labour income. There were also notable fiscal benefits—in 2018, the four activities together generated $6.1 billion in federal and provincial government revenues. Among the four activities, fishing leaves the biggest footprint.

· Registered
18,483 Posts
I know what you are saying, Joe … but the Turd himself said that no one needs a rifle with “RAPID FIRE” capabilities. ANY semi has rapid fire capabilities... except 7400’s … AKA… Fence posts. Bottom line … the longer that bone head is in power … the better the chances of him coming after our semi’s. It is all about vote buying. He will do whatever it takes to get more votes. He is already attacking law abiding gun owners (banning 1500 different guns and freezing handgun sales) for his own political gain. You and I both know, this is not being done to keep Canadians safer. It is being done to help him on Election Day.
Any government would be after the handguns now since the public wants them gone
IT is real simple if he wanted them 7400's they would have been GONE in the May 2020 ban
Stop worrying about things that are not going to happen
I kept 40 semi's which is almost 1/2 of what I have left for guns rest I sold before the ban and not even one I kept was on this ban list other than 2 ar's which I knew were toast but hoped so kept them
It is not that hard to see what they want if one is honest with themselves and ask one question was this gun I own designed for hunting or military and now used for hunting like they don't want grandpa's old lever action either

· Registered
18,483 Posts
Problem this time is all of a sudden there is 600,000 voters they say almost double normal and tons of liberals and ndp they say in this number so yes one vote as caper away says
It’s a ranked ballot. Party members can choose up to four people they’d like to see as leader, ranking them from first to last. But even if they only choose one, that ballot will still be counted.

Second, third and fourth choices matter. Ranked ballots are counted in rounds. If no candidates receives the majority of points in the first round, the person with the lowest number of points is removed from the ballot. Those who voted for that person will now have their ballots counted again, this time with their second choice being included in the tally. The process continues until a winner is selected.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.