Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 201 Posts

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Current polling is trending towards a Conservative minority government.

If the Liberals were able to place the May 1, 2020 OIC banning guns under a minority government, I would think a minority Conservative government could place their own OIC cancelling this?

Passing bills might be another matter in a minority government, but would at least we could expect this.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I fully expect a Conservative minority government. Sorry Joe … your buddy is going down. Not sure if O’Toole will repeal the gun ban. I’m sure he thinks it’s a total waste of time and money … but it may not look good for him in the following election. Just my Opinion.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
I fully expect a Conservative minority government. Sorry Joe … your buddy is going down. Not sure if O’Toole will repeal the gun ban. I’m sure he thinks it’s a total waste of time and money … but it may not look good for him in the following election. Just my Opinion.
MY god what is wrong with you beyond getting old and yes I am cranky today :p. I f'n hate deer Justin was never my buddy and what is the good of a minority PC government think the block or NDP will ever side with them like the NDP did with the liberals .NOPE
I voted Liberal once and only once and had no choice old age at 67 would have starved me
NEVER count Justin out just look at what he has survived and should have been gone many many times.
I will only say he is gone after the votes are counted
IMO a minority for the PC is useless and will mean back to the polls real quick :(
Cheers

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We've never had a PM like this for decades. There is a solid core that supports their party no matter what. The elections are not decided by them, but by the 10 to 15 percent that flip their vote.

In 2014, JT did some selfies, did the yoga hand stand, wore socks with Star Wars theme, emerged shirtless to photo-bomb wedding pictures, etc. and became popular. He gained the attention of millennials, and some people wanting legal cannabis. A bunch of scandals happened that had almost no impact on his support. He was re-elected in 2019.

Now, for whatever reason, his popularity is in decline. Not his political views, policies or promises, but his personality. Like a pop star, this 10 to 15 percent of his polled supporters have become disenchanted with him. I say this because if you look at the aggregate polling on 338canada they show a straight line for the trend in the last 10 days. That is highly unusual in politics. It normally reacts to policy, mistakes, pledges, etc, and it will go up and down, even along a trend. This time it's different. It's like every day another 100,000 millenials learn JT is no longer cool, and the news continues to spread from smart phone to smartphone. Eventually the number will hit the base of core Liberal support and not fall any further, but it hasn't stopped falling yet.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
We've never had a PM like this for decades. There is a solid core that supports their party no matter what. The elections are not decided by them, but by the 10 to 15 percent that flip their vote.

In 2014, JT did some selfies, did the yoga hand stand, wore socks with Star Wars theme, emerged shirtless to photo-bomb wedding pictures, etc. and became popular. He gained the attention of millennials, and some people wanting legal cannabis. A bunch of scandals happened that had almost no impact on his support. He was re-elected in 2019.

Now, for whatever reason, his popularity is in decline. Not his political views, policies or promises, but his personality. Like a pop star, this 10 to 15 percent of his polled supporters have become disenchanted with him. I say this because if you look at the aggregate polling on 338canada they show a straight line for the trend in the last 10 days. That is highly unusual in politics. It normally reacts to policy, mistakes, pledges, etc, and it will go up and down, even along a trend. This time it's different. It's like every day another 100,000 millenials learn JT is no longer cool, and the news continues to spread from smart phone to smartphone. Eventually the number will hit the base of core Liberal support and not fall any further, but it hasn't stopped falling yet.
Agree to a point. But I think there are two provinces that decide most times not 10-15% that flip their votes

Cheers

·
Registered
1,636 Posts
Canada 338 polls , three hours ago.....
...CPC 34%
🔴
LPC 30%
🟠
NDP 24%
⚜️
BQ 7% (29% in Qc)
🟣
PPC 3%
🟢
GPC 2%

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
I’m just yankin’ your chain there, Joe. You may have only voted Liberal once … so you say … but your replies and defence of the Liberal party makes me think otherwise. A Conservative minority might not mean much to you, but it shows the swing in peoples support of that Commie Trudope. Regardless … we are in for a minority government. I would sooner it be the Cons than that Taliban loving POS. Yes … we will be back at the polls in less than 2 years.

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
The Amnesty Period ends April 30, 2022, so unless something is done, there will be thousands of people in possession of prohibited firearms. That leaves the new government with three choices to make within the first 7 months of their mandate:

• allow the owners to become criminals unless they have deactivated or turned in their prohibited firearms for destruction, or
  • engage in the "buyback" program which the Liberals seem to have begun, or
  • rescind the May 1, 2020 order in council.

I can't see the Conservatives doing the first 2 options, so the third seems most likely.

The chances of another election being called or forced in under 7 months would be unlikely. The Liberals will be looking at a possible leadership review given JT's popularity is no longer an asset. Some believe Mark Carney is preparing to move in. There has always been Chrystia Freeland waiting in the wings.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
I’m just yankin’ your chain there, Joe. You may have only voted Liberal once … so you say … but your replies and defence of the Liberal party makes me think otherwise. A Conservative minority might not mean much to you, but it shows the swing in peoples support of that Commie Trudope. Regardless … we are in for a minority government. I would sooner it be the Cons than that Taliban loving POS. Yes … we will be back at the polls in less than 2 years.
My comments are not in defense of any party and YES it was once
My comments are based on what can a PC minority do alone and they will be useless not like they will get support from others like the liberals did even to stay in power
2 years less than that IMO. They need a majority and if the liberals get minority it is same old crap again
Cheers

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
The Amnesty Period ends April 30, 2022, so unless something is done, there will be thousands of people in possession of prohibited firearms. That leaves the new government with three choices to make within the first 7 months of their mandate:

• allow the owners to become criminals unless they have deactivated or turned in their prohibited firearms for destruction, or
  • engage in the "buyback" program which the Liberals seem to have begun, or
  • rescind the May 1, 2020 order in council.

I can't see the Conservatives doing the first 2 options, so the third seems most likely.

The chances of another election being called or forced in under 7 months would be unlikely. The Liberals will be looking at a possible leadership review given JT's popularity is no longer an asset. Some believe Mark Carney is preparing to move in. There has always been Chrystia Freeland waiting in the wings.
Nope not IMO it will be No. 4 leave it alone as they always do and implement grandfathering again and stupid gun owners will be happy thinking they got some dam win
Been there too many times in the past and their promises have never been kept when it comes to firearms especially reversing passed bills etc
Are we not forgetting 83% of canadians support this ban. It would be suicide for the PC to roll it back for what few 100K gun owners that even care remember we could not even get 200K on the petitions against the ban
I will tell you how foolish some gun owners think I know many that want this grandfathering so they get 12(x) on their dam RPAL card. I kid you not they think it is some cool status symbol. If they only knew. Like stranded on a island and looking at the most beautiful woman in the world in a cage and you have no key and cannot even get near her
That is what it is like owning grandfathered guns. NO more for me this time
Cheers

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Nope not IMO it will be No. 4 leave it alone as they always do and implement grandfathering again and stupid gun owners will be happy thinking they got some dam win
Been there too many times in the past and their promises have never been kept when it comes to firearms especially reversing passed bills etc
Are we not forgetting 83% of canadians support this ban. It would be suicide for the PC to roll it back for what few 100K gun owners that even care remember we could not even get 200K on the petitions against the ban
I will tell you how foolish some gun owners think I know many that want this grandfathering so they get 12(x) on their dam RPAL card. I kid you not they think it is some cool status symbol. If they only knew. Like stranded on a island and looking at the most beautiful woman in the world in a cage and you have no key and cannot even get near her
Cheers
There is nothing about grandfathering in SOR 2020-97.

Order Declaring an Amnesty Period (2020)

If the new government after Sept 20th does nothing, the firearms become prohibited and illegal to possess following the amnesty ending April 30, 2022. They have to do something even to grandfather them.

You also predicted the Liberals would never shell out the money for a buy back program. Yet there is ample evidence this was underway, even though the uptake on it was difficult to find out there for corporate partners to run it.

You keep saying the past pattern predicts the future and it's never that simple.

Just look at how the gun registry was brought back. It's an entirely different system off loaded to the stores and people who personally sell their firearms, but without fees. You can't predict the future moves based on the past.

·
Registered
1,925 Posts
You seem pretty sure of yourself, Joe. Singh is a leech. He will attach his lips to whosever arse that is in power, because he thinks it will help his image.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I cannot see the PCs reversing the OIC entirely. Far, far too politically risky and even with a majority they would not want to risk losing any support. I can see them going the grandfather route though as Joe suggests.

I can imagine the NDP (and/or the Bloc) getting behind the PCs in a minority situation though. Lets face it, it is the only way they can really have any effect on public policy in Canada at the federal level since they will never win a majority on their own. Neither the NDP or Bloc have any loyalty to the Liberals at the end of the day.

·
Registered
3,264 Posts
When JT looses the election to the PC , I'd say the libtards will dump his arse and try rebuild their image , JT is dangerous not only to Kandaharar OOOPS Canada as a whole but his image and Idiotics are ruining the libtards , why are MP 's not re-offerring and stepping aside this election on liberal side more than seen in a decade or two , it's because they are bailing like rats on a sinking ship and JT is driving it into a reef of PC shark infested waters to feast on his failures , even Singaling Dingaling won't be able to prop his arse up this round , not even with two hands up his arse !

·
Registered
5,329 Posts
I can see O'toole pulling off a majority on sept 20 myself. The tides are shifting and look at the provincial results we just had. Who'd have thunk it a month and a half ago?

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts
Cheers
Don't need no key...long as the cage openings are 3 "

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
However, an Order in Council is an executive branch action. It is not a bill. It does not require any votes or backers in a minority government. The Liberals did theirs in a minority government. Not with NDP help, just executive powers. If an OIC establishes a ruling, another OIC can strip it away.

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts
However, an Order in Council is an executive branch action. It is not a bill. It does not require any votes or backers in a minority government. The Liberals did theirs in a minority government. Not with NDP help, just executive powers. If an OIC establishes a ruling, another OIC can strip it away.
You're right !! Hopefully they realize that

·
Registered
734 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Another way it could play out, which could take too long, is getting the secrecy lifted from the "evidence" which was supposedly the rationale for the May 1, 2020 OIC. This is what the CCFR has been challenging in court. From what I understand, they got to a point where a judge agreed that one person, which I believe was a judge, should be able to see the evidence the Liberals had for which the emergency measure of this May 1, 2020 OIC was based. There has to be a reason for these measures, not arbitrary action. The government over ruled the judge.

Liberals invoke S.39, refuse to provide evidence - Canadian Coalition for Firearm Rights

Legal systems move like molasses, but if the new government were to lift that order blocking the evidence, the outcome would likely (we don't know, but it smells like the cupboard is bare) make a good rationale for revoking the May 1, 2020 OIC.

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts
Anything printed by the Libturds will likely look like black construction paper with redacted out pages and paragraphs

1 - 20 of 201 Posts