Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
61 - 80 of 90 Posts

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I thought they were over priced as well, but like you said, gun prices have sky-rocketed in the last year, so they may not be too far off. I have the complete set, except for the 36 inch barrel 12g. Don't think they ever made a 10g.
Nope no 10ga as you say and if minty they would be gone now. Seen a set of 84's go for 1500 on nutz last year

I grabbed a 36" only a couple of years ago just to say I had one I think and the price was right at 150 bucks

My complete set is 84's. I only have a 410, 28 and 16 in the 840's and honestly cannot remember if duck or not. Either still have too many guns or too old to remember
biggrin.png
biggrin.png

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #63 ·
I didn't take notice they weren't there anymore. I guess if someone wants something bad enough, they will pay the price.

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
That very 28 single is not original , it belonged to my neighbor who sold it to him with out the barrel and steel spacer , that seller said no problem he had parts on hand for it , hes a flipper / low baller , want everything for free or less than $100 , lets just say he did not get those parts for free or $100 or less . Plus the receiver has high wear , the sear has issues .

I know for 1000% because i disasembled it with my neighbor and sear is very highly worn , it was sold strickly for parts only .

Another case of buyer beware on the flip side of flippers .

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
WOW. What is wrong with people today. Unfortunately someone may buy it without seeing it and get burned real bad

The good news is 650 is way out to lunch for this so with any luck no one will buy it especially with poorly refinished wood , Collectors won't want it and they are the ones willing to pay the most bucks

Thanks for sharing. I don't know but they say there is quite a few flippers on gun post

Take care

·
Registered
2,030 Posts
Discussion Starter · #68 ·
I know 28's are fairly rare ... but I would have to be pretty hard up to spend that kind of money for that particular gun.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
I know 28's are fairly rare ... but I would have to be pretty hard up to spend that kind of money for that particular gun.
$450 is the highest I have seen a used 84 28ga go for so far and it was in excellent condition. NIB maybe 650 today I don't know. I got 500 maybe 5 years ago for one and yes left the 39.99 price tag on it
sad.png

·
Registered
3,292 Posts
That particular seller burned a very good friend of mine from Glace Bay on trade deal , my buddy traded a Savage 99 lever with brass counter 250-3000 Caliber and received a Mossberg 4x4 in the mail , not what was discussed as per trade .

The guy who sold the parts as parts only ! Was highly advised NOT to sell to him as other more reputable buyers were lined up to take those parts as parts only .

Sorry to high jack the thread .

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
One more reason for me to stay away from Gun post

What I cannot see is why does he have a 5 star rating on 32 transactions

Can a buyer give negative there sounds like he deserves some

take care

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Something real fishy about gun post

Buddy said this sold for it's listed price of 1500. It is not even a skeet version but a field gun with a skeet barrel

I have sold these in 28ga in the last 7 years for 750 which is the going rate on nutz . WTF is happening on gun post

These have not went up that much since covid. A new one with choke tubes can be found still sitting for less than 1500

REMINGTON 1100 LW - 28 GAUGE SEMI AUTO. 2 3/4" WITH 25" VENTILATED RIB BARREL WITH SKEET CHOKE (FIXED). ONE SMALL MARK ON RIGHT SIDE OF RECEIVER NEAR TOP. EXCELLENT CONDITION. NO TRADES. PAYMENT - LAYAWAY PLAN AVAILABLE. CHECK OUT MY OTHER ADS.

$1500

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Sweet Jesus if he gets that for the 22 lr I think Thunderstick my only lever left this one in 22 mag is going there was only 3200 of them so worth more than his ( and I paid less than half of that new ) and mine is also NIB. His really is one of 4300. One thing for sure gun post prices are crazy IMO

https://www.gunpost.ca/firearms/rifles/chatham-kent/winchester-9422-tribute-one-9422

9422 total Tribute models made.

1072 LR Hi-Grade
850 Magnum Hi-Grade
4300 LR Special Edition
3200 Magnum Special Edition
There were also 222 Custom Guns made

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Sweet Jesus if he gets that for the 22 lr I think Thunderstick my only lever left this one in 22 mag is going there was only 3200 of them so worth more than his ( and I paid less than half of that new ) and mine is also NIB. His really is one of 4300. One thing for sure gun post prices are crazy IMO

https://www.gunpost.ca/firearms/rifles/chatham-kent/winchester-9422-tribute-one-9422

9422 total Tribute models made.

1072 LR Hi-Grade
850 Magnum Hi-Grade
4300 LR Special Edition
3200 Magnum Special Edition
There were also 222 Custom Guns made
Its everywhere. I see firearms I bought from shops only a year ago and they are now upwards to $500 more. We were warned prices were going up. I some cases on GP I think a few flippers are pretending some of there stuff is selling by making sold, making viewers think that they move a lot of guns and they must be the ones to contact. I have seen numerous times where the same people relist guns they said they sold a few months later. Makes me wonder but there are those that will buy from them rather than someone that has seldom sold on GP.

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Its everywhere. I see firearms I bought from shops only a year ago and they are now upwards to $500 more. We were warned prices were going up. I some cases on GP I think a few flippers are pretending some of there stuff is selling by making sold, making viewers think that they move a lot of guns and they must be the ones to contact. I have seen numerous times where the same people relist guns they said they sold a few months later. Makes me wonder but there are those that will buy from them rather than someone that has seldom sold on GP.
All I know is you are a rich man owning all those lever actions if this is the case
smile.png

Take care

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
All I know is you are a rich man owning all those lever actions if this is the case
smile.png

Take care
It is why I cannot deal with folks that want something stripped to bare bones, priced then at half, delivered or shipping for free. Things today are not what they cost two years ago. A wise man once said, if you see something now get it as it soon may not be there or be unaffordable. Winchester levers (new) can run over $2000 plus tax these days, crazy I know. Look at what 22's are going for?

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
It is why I cannot deal with folks that want something stripped to bare bones, priced then at half, delivered or shipping for free. Things today are not what they cost two years ago. A wise man once said, if you see something now get it as it soon may not be there or be unaffordable. Winchester levers (new) can run over $2000 plus tax these days, crazy I know. Look at what 22's are going for?
Agree and it doesn't seem to be stopping

·
Registered
14,508 Posts
Funny to mention that. That 28ga 1100 for 1500 showed up again last week new pics and a new seller it seemed ( at least different handle ) but exact same gun

I questioned it saturday and now listing is gone again

Cheers

·
Registered
4,353 Posts
Funny to mention that. That 28ga 1100 for 1500 showed up again last week new pics and a new seller it seemed ( at least different handle ) but exact same gun

I questioned it saturday and now listing is gone again

Cheers
On the news this am they think the high prices are here to stay, on everything. Stuff is running out, plants are not open, things will continue to climb. Next to jump through the roof is box spring and mattresses. Copper, metals doubling. I started squirrling auto supplies, buying in bulk to keep ahead of the game, as it takes months to find anything. Our local Walmart got diesel oil in, two 5 liter jugs, that was it. Not much on the shelves. Bought them and took them home.

·
Administrator
10,197 Posts
Things are so scarce here in HRM...I see the mice in Walmart with tears in their eyes !!

61 - 80 of 90 Posts