Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Coming in 2024 the new Vette will have an electric motor up front to go with its mid engine. The hybrid Vette although the heaviest Vette ever will also be the fastest factory Vette ever. 0-60 in 2.5 sec and quarter mile in 10.5. Nice looking car but still like the C-2 the best.

· Registered
490 Posts
I`ve got a 2013 Hyundai Santa Fee Sport 4 banger, 0-60 in 60 sec flat, never timed it in the quarter mile, but if the road is dry in the morning I`ll give her a shot. Best performance is the cost per kilometres driven ratio when she drinks at the fuel pump

· Registered
18,889 Posts
I have never had the opportunity to take a 10 second car down the track but have driven many high 11's and 12's and that was fast enough for me The old 70 chevelle would do 12's all day long with open headers and slicks fitted and some where I still have some of her time cards from pei and NB
Looking back some of the things we did growing up in these muscle cars we are very lucky to be alive especially all the street racing

· Registered
18,889 Posts
Wife's uncle was here last night and showing me his new hybrid ,Made a trip to halifax and drove around the ciry for three days and cost him 40 bucks in gas and 30 to come home
If we don't think this is happening and going to be the future time to pop our heads out
he loves his but it is a toyoto camry so 3d would also

· Registered
3,789 Posts
I like the concept of Hybrids. I can’t buy into the pure EV crap yet. They still have a long ways to go before they will perform like the Feds want them to perform. I can’t even think about an electric Corvette. Part of the thrill of driving one is the sound. We had 2 in the last 20 years. Sold the last one a few years back when we got the SL550. First one did 9.8 in the quarter mile. Didn’t try the second one. That one was very quick. I miss it dearly. :oops:
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

· Registered
5,363 Posts
Wife's uncle was here last night and showing me his new hybrid ,Made a trip to halifax and drove around the ciry for three days and cost him 40 bucks in gas and 30 to come home
If we don't think this is happening and going to be the future time to pop our heads out
he loves his but it is a toyoto camry so 3d would also
Fellow down the road had his house just burn to the ground, his hybrid caught fire. Seems to be a lot of warnings in the last few years on electrical products catching fire. People better not leave stuff plugged in or install a cut off switch to disconnect the power source. I have done that for years, and Joe you no doubt know what I am talking about, used in racing.

· Administrator
11,058 Posts
I watched an in-depth special on the Toyota Highlander Hybrid a while back. Very, very impressive vehicle ! I presume all hybrids are similar in capabilities, but this one was giving a little better rating over most.
The Hybrid distinction option costs just under 2800 bucks for the model tested. If you drive an average of 30 thou K a year, gas at 1.50 per L...it'l pay for itself with in 3 years !!

IF....I ever get another new vehicle ((( IF, I DO )))...that one comes to the forefront of my choices. If not that one, then a new Rav 4 Hybrid. I LOVE the Toyotas !!

caveat emptor** I DO KNOW THIS *...O'regans will neve see a F N cent of my money again...EVER !!!!! Lying bunch of thieving bass turds !!

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I watched an in-depth special on the Toyota Highlander Hybrid a while back. Very, very impressive vehicle ! I presume all hybrids are similar in capabilities, but this one was giving a little better rating over most.
The Hybrid distinction option costs just under 2800 bucks for the model tested. If you drive an average of 30 thou K a year, gas at 1.50 per L...it'l pay for itself with in 3 years !!

IF....I ever get another new vehicle ((( IF, I DO )))...that one comes to the forefront of my choices. If not that one, then a new Rav 4 Hybrid. I LOVE the Toyotas !!

caveat emptor** I DO KNOW THIS *...O'regans will neve see a F N cent of my money again...EVER !!!!! Lying bunch of thieving bass turds !!
Was at Toyota today do you know how much a rav4 hybrid costs now! So likely looking at a ton of $$$ for a highlander.
You will have to go to Truro or further that direction to get away from O’Reagan’s and they are still trying to purchase other dealers.

· Registered
7,795 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
So the 2024 vette will cost $105,000 base and $155,000 for the extra hp engine package and that’s US dollars.

· Registered
1,153 Posts

Yup!!! One of the reasons I drive a Honda is because I hate O'Regan's Nissan so effing much!!! The service advisor and Shop Foreman in Dartmouth lied to my face even though the car was under warranty!!!!!
As you say rotten bass turds. Though that is probably unfair to normal bass turds!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts