Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
161 - 165 of 165 Posts

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
never knew you could buy seaweed like that, 3macs1 - thanks for the info.
NP. This year it was 62 bucks a bag and it goes a long way. Like one bag I will get two years on a 50 x 100 plot
Not sure if halifax seed has it in stock normally or they order it in but they can get it. I order everything a year in advance so don't know other than it is on the pallet when the rest arrives
Other thing I find about it is not to store it in the paper bag but empty the bag and place in sealed 5 gallon pails. It stores way better
Real nice harvest you got there and I didnot know one could freeze chard have some in the garden and love it so going to give it a shot
take care

·
Administrator
10,115 Posts
Discussion Starter · #162 ·
great lookin squash there Gary !! Hope mine turn out that nice . Butternut and spaghetti are my two favs !!

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
great lookin squash there Gary !! Hope mine turn out that nice . Butternut and spaghetti are my two favs !!
LOL - didnt even plant the acorn or spaghetti squash - started getting squash plants coming up in one bed where the compost wasnt completely broken down. Saved a cpl plants and they produced - not the biggest squash but not too bad.

·
Registered
2,635 Posts
NP. This year it was 62 bucks a bag and it goes a long way. Like one bag I will get two years on a 50 x 100 plot
Not sure if halifax seed has it in stock normally or they order it in but they can get it. I order everything a year in advance so don't know other than it is on the pallet when the rest arrives
Other thing I find about it is not to store it in the paper bag but empty the bag and place in sealed 5 gallon pails. It stores way better
Real nice harvest you got there and I didnot know one could freeze chard have some in the garden and love it so going to give it a shot
take care
I'll pay the money as it'll save from hauling it - I live a bit inland and dont have it washing up on my lawn during a storm, like some do.

·
Registered
14,256 Posts
I'll pay the money as it'll save from hauling it - I live a bit inland and dont have it washing up on my lawn during a storm, like some do.
I hear you. No more hauling for me not to mention I spent more on gas to get the same into the garden after the fresh stuff breaks down plus I have no worries of salt
take care

161 - 165 of 165 Posts