Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am happy to add to the crossbow form. I have been hunting with my Excalibur Phoenix crossbow for the past 7 seasons. I have had success with bow and rifle and I have been trying to use my Excalibur for a deer harvest for sometime now. Where I hunt I often put a great deal of time in each season often only seeing 1 or 2 deer while in my ground blind.

This season I have had a number of deer on camera. I was able to harvest a doe last evening with my Excalibur. A group of 3 were at my apples when I walked up. I had to watch them eat and walk away as I was close but the woods were too thick. About 10 min. Later I heard a shot close. Afer about 20 more min two does returned. They would not go in a shooting lane at all but did come close to the back of my brush blind. Lucky for me at 5:20 one of the does walked across the back of my shooting lane disinterested in the apples about ten yards past the pile. I was able to mouth a noise to stop her broadside. The shot hit where I aimed and she walked just out of sight and was found there after a long 25.. Well maybe more like 18 min wait.

I have to say being able to look at your point of impact in the scope after the shot is amazing. The lack of usual recoile makes it a clean sight line after the shot. I also have to give a huge recommendation to the Excalibur Firebolt illuminated nock. I watched it hit where I was looking and it was great at helping me recover the arrow. I could see the glow clearly from my blind.

This is my fifth deer and means a great deal to me to know it was a clean shot and it is nice to now say I was able to use my Excalibur.

·
Super Moderator
9,769 Posts
Congrats HH1.......WELL DONE Bud !!

Bet that one will yield a nice bunch of tasty burger for ya ;) ;)

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Congratulations , always feels satisfying to get one on the ground (especially first one with the crossbow )

·
Registered
6,252 Posts
Congrats well done.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts