Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was just in Lequilles and got a good look and feel of the Cynergy Cammo O/U. Gun feels nice, shoulders well, feels balanced and is a great weight (not too light, but certainly not heavy). The break was stiff - i'm assuming this is because it is a brand new gun and needs a clean and some Rem oil. They are also a great price at $1790; that's $209 less than the MRRP.

I'm a little sceptical at an O/U that let's you throw 3 1/2" shells through it. While I occasionally do this on my semi to finish off cripples that are slightly further out, it still kicks like a reluctant prom date - I can only imagine that shoulder beating with no recoil mechanism. It does have a pretty cool looking pad that will take some of the shock, but still.....I think it's going to hurt.

Does anyone have one of these beauties? If so, what do you think of it?

·
Registered
362 Posts
Nashleigh, you will not be disappointed with this gun. It points like a dream and with the composite stock and forearm it will withstand most weather conditions. Jess has run a case of shells through hers so far and she loves it. Your caution is warranted with the extra heavy loads, its mass weight is quite lite and probably not a gun you would want to run 3 1/2 's as your goto load, but for the occasional round it should be fine. If I was in the market for another waterfowl gun, I would not blink an eye at bying this gun for myself.....I am hoping to sneak Jess's out while she is in school for the occasional hunt- with her permission of course! ;). Good luck with your decision and if you are thinking on the one at Lequilles, I would not wait too long, it will not likely last very long with the early season not far off and once they are gone, they might not be too plentiful come fall!

I was once told by an oldtime waterfowler that the quality of your shoot is determined by the tone of purple on your shoulder! Its all good! Come on September!

·
Registered
2,410 Posts
If gun weight is a concern go for the 30" barrel model .it weighs in at 7 lbs 12 oz . plus the 30ies will make for a much smoother swinging gun and a longer sight plain .

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Nashleigh, you will not be disappointed with this gun. It points like a dream and with the composite stock and forearm it will withstand most weather conditions. Jess has run a case of shells through hers so far and she loves it. Your caution is warranted with the extra heavy loads, its mass weight is quite lite and probably not a gun you would want to run 3 1/2 's as your goto load, but for the occasional round it should be fine. If I was in the market for another waterfowl gun, I would not blink an eye at bying this gun for myself.....I am hoping to sneak Jess's out while she is in school for the occasional hunt- with her permission of course! ;). Good luck with your decision and if you are thinking on the one at Lequilles, I would not wait too long, it will not likely last very long with the early season not far off and once they are gone, they might not be too plentiful come fall!
I was once told by an oldtime waterfowler that the quality of your shoot is determined by the tone of purple on your shoulder! Its all good! Come on September!
Excellent - thanks for the info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts