Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heres todays laugh
While i was making my tea there was a bunny outside the kitchen so i put Maggie on the training leash and out we went. She near pulled my arm off when she got the scent. She was at full howl by the ditch going full speed towing me behind.

·
Super Moderator
9,772 Posts
I think they're on their second batch here...see some mediums and now a small one yesterday. First sign of baby ducks yesterday...8 wee ones...you could put 3 in a coffee cup and not see their heads
happy.png

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I put Mrs and Mr Bunny on notice when i put my garden in. If they leave my garden alone ill leave them alone.
Wife called me yesterday to say the lettuce was chewed to the ground. I got home and mr and mrs were in the garden. Neither is scared of me when i walk up so out comes the bb gun
Mr bunny let me walk up and shoot him . off they go. Not 20 minutes later theyre back. Out i go again and only 1 runs away so i get Maggie to have sone fun looking.

·
GREYBEARD
2,833 Posts
A couple years ago when we first put in a garden we had to use three foot high chicken wire to keep the bunnies out, now we are going seven feet high to keep the deer out. Hopefully!!

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
I put Mrs and Mr Bunny on notice when i put my garden in. If they leave my garden alone ill leave them alone.
Wife called me yesterday to say the lettuce was chewed to the ground. I got home and mr and mrs were in the garden. Neither is scared of me when i walk up so out comes the bb gun
Mr bunny let me walk up and shoot him . off they go. Not 20 minutes later theyre back. Out i go again and only 1 runs away so i get Maggie to have sone fun looking.
I'm sorry but I think it is funny the bunnies are getting back at you
laugh.png
of all people

·
Registered
22 Posts
I'm itching to get the hound back in the woods, she was just starting to get the hang of it at the end of the season. I have her on tick medication but that will (should) stop her from getting lyme disease, it won't stop her from getting absolutely littered with the little buggers and dragging them all over the house. About the best I can do is drive the woods roads and if I see a bunny keep her on the leash and let her get a whiff (I did that a month ago, she went nuts!)

Ticks, what an annoying insect that ruins a great walk in the woods. Hopefully, after the hot months of Jul and Aug, the majority die off and a person can deal with the odd one you get on your clothes. With the exception of last year, when it was 18-19 deg C for a few days in Nov, I have never had a tick on me after Sep 1st. I had a few of the black legged ticks on me last fall, the dog ticks are done by then.

I hate the little bast***s!

·
Registered
13,353 Posts
Have a bob cat in the yard now :(
Seen him 3 times in fours days which is rare IMO
I think my poor bunnies are in for some hurting :(

·
Registered
2,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

1 - 10 of 10 Posts