Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Come join the Dartmouth Clay Target Association for a fantastic day of clay shooting!

200 Trap / 200 Skeet

Cash Prizes for HOA and class winners in each event​
Targets will be registered for NSSA and ATA members.
Format will be a 100 bird flight of your your chosen game in both the morning and afternoon for a total of 200 birds.
In order to facilitate planning, advanced notice of intent to attend would be appreciated.
Please send an email to [email protected] , with BBQ Blast in the subject line and indicate whether you will be participating in the Trap or Skeet events - or some combination of both

Particulars

Date: July 22, 2017

Cost: $45.00 /100 targets

BBQ Lunch Included

First Flight: 9:00 AM

Dartmouth Clay Target Association

2500 Cow Bay Road, Cow Bay, NS

Directions: Portland Street Dartmouth, Right on Bisset Road, Left on Cow Bay Road, to end across bridge. (past Rainbow Haven Provincial Beach Park)

·
Administrator
10,511 Posts
This is gonna be a hoot and a half !!! I haven't shot any "skeet" since the night shoot at Lunenburg Gun Club last October :rolleyes:

Rembolt and I are doing a 100 rounds of 12 Ga in the morning , then 100 more rounds of 20 Ga in the afternoon.

By the time I finish, the skeet field and surrounding areas may never be the same :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
This is gonna be a hoot and a half !!! I haven't shot any "skeet" since the night shoot at Lunenburg Gun Club last October :rolleyes:

Rembolt and I are doing a 100 rounds of 12 Ga in the morning , then 100 more rounds of 20 Ga in the afternoon.
By the time I finish, the skeet field and surrounding areas may never be the same :lol: :lol:
LOL- sounds like great fun.GOOD LUCK to you both!!!

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
Some day I gotta come out and join you guys to try this! I just need to plan farther ahead with yas.

Good luck guys!!

·
Administrator
10,511 Posts
Dan...you gotta put down them golf clubs ^_^ ....pick up your shotgun, come out for a try ;)

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
Dan...you gotta put down them golf clubs ^_^ ....pick up your shotgun, come out for a try ;)
LMAO-never shot skeet in my life,just be tooooo embarrassing.Of course golf can be too some days lol.

·
Administrator
10,511 Posts
Thought you were a "good time Charlie" :p...no one will tell any tales outta school ^_^..honest :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

esp if you're worried about your "polished image" on the links :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
"good time Charlie" first time I heard that saying lol.The only thing "polished" about me is my Fryer tuck patch!
I suppose someone has to finish last 0/ 100 lol,give everyone a good laugh!
Maybe next time.

Hey - who gives skeeting lessons! OH what is a skeet,similar to a grouse?

·
Administrator
10,511 Posts
Free lessons on you tube...... ;)

Yes, they're very similar to grouse...only faster, smaller and they're all dark bellied birds :lol:

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
I always thought skeets were them darn annoying little buzzing blood sucking flies that come out in the evening during summer....

·
Administrator
10,511 Posts
Well...it's in the books !! Definitely was a hoot and a half...maybe even three quarters !

Thanks Ian for the great facilities !!

The wind...oh boy the wind.....it was great.. ;)....it blew 77 clays out of 100 right in front of my lead shot !!! :lol: :lol: I loved it !

Skeet's Not like sporting clays, where 2 birds with one shot garners you a cheer and an extra shell at the end of the day... ESP if you do it three times in one round ;)...In skeet....you have to shoot them over <_< and a miss then counts...lol ...Oh yea...I have to pay closer attention to the "order" of the presentations...shooting them both in reverse order also = -2

....Told ya the skeet fields might never be the same again after I got there....lmao

That was the first round in the morning.

After lunch, I switched to the 20 ga for the afternoon...and so did the wind...this time, it blew 41 of my 100 perfect shots AWAY from the lead shot :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Dan...the wind may have helped you here too !!

LLoyd and I were within 3 birds for the morning, but he schooled me with the 20 ga in the PM...besting me by 8 or 9 !

Top overall was a 99 first round...I think he shot a 97 in the PM !!!!!

Great time met some great folks, and saw some of the shooters from other parts of the province whom I've had the pleasure of shooting with over the past few years. Shotgun sports is probably the most fun you can have...with your clothes on !

Can't wait to get out again.

·
Registered
6,753 Posts
Good to hear you had a great time.
But if you ever shoot a firearm with your clothes off-we don't wanna hear about it!!!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
All;

I want to take a moment to thank all of our members and guests who participated and helped out to make our newest shoot event a great success! While we haven't finished our final tallies yet, we did have 28 entrants who shot nearly 6000 trap and skeet targets over the course of the day. We had a great lunch, provided by Les Turner and expertly barbecued by our own Brian MacLeod. We had 28 shooters from across the Maritimes, with shooters from Charlottetown, Yarmouth, Kentville and other clubs in the region.

There were some excellent trophies, ammunition prizes and cash payouts to the class winners in the various events.

We are looking forward to providing an even better better event next July. It's time to start practicing!

See you at the club,

Ian

1 - 13 of 13 Posts