Nova Scotia Hunting Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Not much for me to do with this pandemic restrictions going on, so I decided to move a permanent deer blind I had built a few years ago, to a different location. The new area did not have any white birch trees so it looked out of place. I had picked up a artificial Christmas tree on the side of the road, during spring cleanup, cut all the branches off and stapled them to the blind. before and after pictures Only got 4 tics doing it LOL

BeqL84m.jpg

FwuI7H4.jpg

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Very nice , as we get older comfort is the #1 agenda besides location . Ive been building these type blinds for last 20 plus yrs .

Thanks for sharing

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Very nice , as we get older comfort is the #1 agenda besides location . Ive been building these type blinds for last 20 plus yrs .

Thanks for sharing
You got that right, at my age I want all the comforts I can get. I still have one tree that I still climb, when my boys are not around.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
You got that right, at my age I want all the comforts I can get. I still have one tree that I still climb, when my boys are not around.
Ive got the Coleman stove , coffee , cans of Kippers or baked beans and crackers, small heater , and a office chair in my blind.

I dont have to move unless i feel like going for a walk , just sitting listening to the area is very relaxing .

If it rains I just sit maybe a nap lmao , and listen to the drops on the roof

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Looking good DD
My sons and my wife keep telling me I'm too old to be climbing up trees.
Oh well I'd rather die while hunting then from covid

·
Registered
738 Posts
Thats pretty cool...I need to build something similar to that if/when the price of materials drops.

·
Registered
290 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I have the roll around office chair, sand bag gun rest, but best of all a urinal with a drain underground. Its amazing what cold weather and a few cups of coffee do to old guys.

·
GREYBEARD
2,930 Posts
I have been thinking about building a deer blind and yours looks great DD.

Good idea with the artificial xmas tree as well!

·
Registered
4,364 Posts
Not much for me to do with this pandemic restrictions going on, so I decided to move a permanent deer blind I had built a few years ago, to a different location. The new area did not have any white birch trees so it looked out of place. I had picked up a artificial Christmas tree on the side of the road, during spring cleanup, cut all the branches off and stapled them to the blind. before and after pictures Only got 4 tics doing it LOL

BeqL84m.jpg

FwuI7H4.jpg
Awesome job. I built one a few years ago on a base supported by 10 foot 4x4' s, 3 seater, fold out windows, best thing I ever did. Dirty days mean nothing. You got more patience than me to paint it up with the black flies and wood ticks.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
Stuck a pic up in Gallery of one just built last yr , that one is portable for our property , Ive got bigger one planned for this spot if this yr turns out as good as last yrs sighting and trail cam info , theres two cams up now watching this area since late April , going out Friday to check cameras and see how the mineral site is active or inactive

·
Registered
290 Posts
Stuck a pic up in Gallery of one just built last yr , that one is portable for our property , Ive got bigger one planned for this spot if this yr turns out as good as last yrs sighting and trail cam info , theres two cams up now watching this area since late April , going out Friday to check cameras and see how the mineral site is active or inactive
That`s a really nice blind. You must see good from up there. I can move mine with the bike winch and lay it over on a small trailer by myself. I moved it 15 miles down the highway this time. But I had help from my sons to put it back on its feet. I have pop-up blinds and find them OK for a short hunt, but they make too much noise in windy weather and rain storms. The deer soon catch on to them,and avoid them if you leave them in one spot, but they ignore the permanent blinds.

·
Registered
3,300 Posts
That`s a really nice blind. You must see good from up there. I can move mine with the bike winch and lay it over on a small trailer by myself. I moved it 15 miles down the highway this time. But I had help from my sons to put it back on its feet. I have pop-up blinds and find them OK for a short hunt, but they make too much noise in windy weather and rain storms. The deer soon catch on to them,and avoid them if you leave them in one spot, but they ignore the permanent blinds.
Its 7 ft to the deck off the ground , ive got video of the spot , its only place we cut wood on back side of property , try keep it thinned out best as possible for hauling my wood out , 40 yards to bait/ mineral lick , 103 yards to tree line , lots of feed / water pockets in there , spruce is around 4-20 tall , lower branches on big ones thinned around 6- 8 ft for visual , hardwoods in there kept thinned but not totally cut out . Only another 20 yards from bait pile to my access trail that leads to the Cottage . Ton of deer sign in there again this yr , my bigger one is about 300 yards away on top of a big hill but the yotes in there last few yrs at night have been bad , as fast as I can trap em they are back , trying find if they have den up there . Back side leads down to a brook on border of property to the small lake .

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Wow easy as 1-2-3!

·
Registered
6,480 Posts
Ddd you didnt get all the deer from that spot, saw 4 coming out of there yesterday 5pm
Lol- travel route for them for sure. That’s where we take the young guy that can’t walk. Wheel him in that path then only have to carry about 100yds to the tent!
Like I told you I don’t hunt there because there are too many big bucks and I’m afraid I’ll loose control and shoot one!

·
Administrator
10,216 Posts
🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

·
Registered
14 Posts
Was setting up a pop up that had a70y shot under a 200y old apple tree, As I was setting up I was moving a few sticks out of the way when i heard a loud growl from across the river30y away. looked over my shoulder to were my machett was and continued and rattled a plastic tarp to let that 300lb male bear know it was me again. Me and this big guy have been bugging each other since he was a cub bluff charging me while I was working on our zip line system a across the river 200y from were i was today. Yes I did buy my bear Lic today.He has been caught on trail cam 2years ago under this tree. He a biggen.Lots of deer at all my blinds sites this year:)

1 - 20 of 20 Posts